just started oral minoxidil, question

OK SO if you were to get side effects how long until u start noticing them? IM ALMOST certain this is nocebo, but my chest feels tighter and im lowkey kinda worried about using min 💀 i used 0.5mg so really it isn’t much but plan on using 1.25mg eventually. how long would you guys recommend i stay on 0.5mg and any other advice?

• Valued Contributor

@zenmu did a doctor or dermatologist prescribe this for you? Generally it's prescribed at 2.5mg (however you can take 5mg) so 0.5mg's sounds like a low dose. does your family have any history of heart disease? I think it may be nocebo but I'm not a doctor so I would go back and speak about this with your doctor. I've been on 2.5mg now for a little while and I wouldn't even know that I am on the drug. All the best.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@zenmu did a doctor or dermatologist prescribe this for you? Generally it's prescribed at 2.5mg (however you can take 5mg) so 0.5mg's sounds like a low dose. does your family have any history of heart disease? I think it may be nocebo but I'm not a doctor so I would go back and speak about this with your doctor. I've been on 2.5mg now for a little while and I wouldn't even know that I am on the drug. All the best.

i have personal reasons as to why i don’t have doctor supervision rn, which i likely shouldn’t be doing and i may stop and wait until i do, im monitoring my blood pressure myself and figured a low dose of 0.5mg and at MAX 1.25mg would be fine. i actually just looked into it and 2 members had heart attacks and 2 have/had high blood pressure. however, i have some general questions about using oral min, when do you use it? on an empty stomach, with food? any other health conscious efforts to do when im taking min? 

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, zenmu said:

i have personal reasons as to why i don’t have doctor supervision rn, which i likely shouldn’t be doing and i may stop and wait until i do, im monitoring my blood pressure myself and figured a low dose of 0.5mg and at MAX 1.25mg would be fine. i actually just looked into it and 2 members had heart attacks and 2 have/had high blood pressure. however, i have some general questions about using oral min, when do you use it? on an empty stomach, with food? any other health conscious efforts to do when im taking min? 

I just take my dose in the morning. Be careful buying unprescribed medication, especially for the heart. You don't know what's in it or if it's even actual Loniten. All the best.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I just take my dose in the morning. Be careful buying unprescribed medication, especially for the heart. You don't know what's in it or if it's even actual Loniten. All the best.

its from alldaychemist, im pretty sure they’re reputable, what do u think?

• Valued Contributor

If it's prescribed by a doctor and dispensed from a pharmacy then I don't see a problem but this is really a drug that should be supervised by a doctor if you believe that you are getting side effects with your heart. Sorry I've never heard of alldaychemist. All the best.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zenmu said:

its from alldaychemist, im pretty sure they’re reputable, what do u think?

They sound sketchy.  

When it comes to drugs that lower blood pressure and affect your heart I wouldnt mess around with questionable sources, but thats just me

• Like 1

I think I’ve just read somewhere on this forum that a user gets his brand name Loniten from the same site, so if you are using pfizer Loniten tablets , it sounds legit. 

I would advocate to consult with a dr beforehand, or at the very least inform a dr who is aware of your medical history of what you are taking. 

0.5mg is an extremely low dosage, FYI. 

I think it’s a pretty accurate assumption to use sex and body weight as determining factors (in healthy individuals) as to what dose they can get away with. 

Dr Jerry Shapiro talks about this on a YouTube video with some Brazillian Dr, it’s a pretty informative watch. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I think I’ve just read somewhere on this forum that a user gets his brand name Loniten from the same site, so if you are using pfizer Loniten tablets , it sounds legit. 

I would advocate to consult with a dr beforehand, or at the very least inform a dr who is aware of your medical history of what you are taking. 

0.5mg is an extremely low dosage, FYI. 

I think it’s a pretty accurate assumption to use sex and body weight as determining factors (in healthy individuals) as to what dose they can get away with. 

Dr Jerry Shapiro talks about this on a YouTube video with some Brazillian Dr, it’s a pretty informative watch. 

yup its brand name, and thanks i think i was just freaking out a bit bug im good now and yea my blood pressure is naturally a bit higher along with having familt members that have high blood pressure so maybe itll end up helping

These people here don’t know…

alldaychemist is fine. It is legit.

If you are experiencing chest side effects with oral minoxidil, you should stop taking it. That’s a real side effect. 

A doctor isn’t going to tell you anything different. He or she has no more expertise in oral minoxidil than what you can teach yourself based on available scientific data online. 

Edited by general-etwan