how much grafts/is this a good hairline?

On 10/16/2022 at 12:46 AM, fadedbyadubie said:

23M ive been on fin/min for about 5 years, have maintained since then and now am hoping to get a hair transplant pretty soon.

hairline:

https://ibb.co/qgJ4Jxx
https://ibb.co/mv3ncBC
https://ibb.co/b6VcTc5

donor:
https://ibb.co/zfzYvL3

Edited by fadedbyadubie

You said you been on Fin/Min for 5 years, have you been taking regular pictures and seen the hair loss stop or slow to a grind? 

I do agree that at 23, you're not going to be in a good position being that aggressive with the hairline. If you said 30+ and had been stable, it may feel much more safe BUT the side profile you posted, the line doesn't angle down at the corners. The head is a curved thing so you cannot angle the hairline like that with a HT usually. It's more straight and up if you will. 

That said, closing the corners off in a slightly less aggressive way and maybe not getting temple points is how most reputable clinics might approach things. Your temple points you want are also going to need a fair amount of grafts, but the hairline if sorted out, the temple points wouldn't really be an issue for you. 

OP, some of the advice you will hear will stem around not getting a HT for at least another couple years and saving up enough money yo go somewhere good and reputable. Doing it wrong and on a whim will cost you down the line. 

On 10/16/2022 at 2:13 AM, NARMAK said:

You said you been on Fin/Min for 5 years, have you been taking regular pictures and seen the hair loss stop or slow to a grind? 

I do agree that at 23, you're not going to be in a good position being that aggressive with the hairline. If you said 30+ and had been stable, it may feel much more safe BUT the side profile you posted, the line doesn't angle down at the corners. The head is a curved thing so you cannot angle the hairline like that with a HT usually. It's more straight and up if you will. 

That said, closing the corners off in a slightly less aggressive way and maybe not getting temple points is how most reputable clinics might approach things. Your temple points you want are also going to need a fair amount of grafts, but the hairline if sorted out, the temple points wouldn't really be an issue for you. 

OP, some of the advice you will hear will stem around not getting a HT for at least another couple years and saving up enough money yo go somewhere good and reputable. Doing it wrong and on a whim will cost you down the line. 

Edited by fadedbyadubie

7 minutes ago, fadedbyadubie said:

the hairline is just connecting the middle to the sides, how else would i do it? 

maybe make the corners a bit more receding, also never restore your temporal peaks except if it;s with a VERY HIGH LEVEL doctor, 99% of doctors cant restore them properly

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fadedbyadubie said:

ah i see, well i have the money now to go to someone reputable, and i have someone in mind. the way time is around a 6months - 1 year in which ill be 24, and yea i could lessen up on the hairline, the minimum operating fee they charge is $9000 which i think is around 2k grafts so at the very least, that’s how much i plan on getting. then, in the future i could fill in and touch up. it may be kind of expensive but i heard he’s pretty well known and is one of the best at doing FUE long hair procedures

Please feel free to share the clinic name and tbh, you should probably ask the clinic/doctor to show you what hairline design they want to do. 

The minimum operating fee is what slightly concerns me because it implies they're not interested in perhaps treating as much of a range of patients compared to say focusing on making as much money as possible. 

It might definitely be okay to try get it done now, but with caveats that you could have to end up chasing your loss if it progresses into your 30s. 

On 10/16/2022 at 9:43 AM, NARMAK said:

Please feel free to share the clinic name and tbh, you should probably ask the clinic/doctor to show you what hairline design they want to do. 

The minimum operating fee is what slightly concerns me because it implies they're not interested in perhaps treating as much of a range of patients compared to say focusing on making as much money as possible. 

It might definitely be okay to try get it done now, but with caveats that you could have to end up chasing your loss if it progresses into your 30s. 

Edited by fadedbyadubie

1 minute ago, fadedbyadubie said:

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

and yea you’re right i’ll probably have them design it. and gabel explained to me that the minimum operating fee was to pay staff, use of tools, etc in order to be profitable. 

There's an argument to say that they have a minimum cost to operate the theatre but there's definitely an in built profit margin there too. He's not being 100% transparent with prices for his cost, which is understandable, they don't need to tell you what they pay for each thing. 

That said, i am not familiar with this doctor at all. I would strongly urge you to do a LOT of research and look for independent patient reviews on sites like this. The forum recommended list isn't exhaustive, perfect or include everybody that's reputable, but generally there's a stronger indication of quality from them. 

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

There's an argument to say that they have a minimum cost to operate the theatre but there's definitely an in built profit margin there too. He's not being 100% transparent with prices for his cost, which is understandable, they don't need to tell you what they pay for each thing. 

That said, i am not familiar with this doctor at all. I would strongly urge you to do a LOT of research and look for independent patient reviews on sites like this. The forum recommended list isn't exhaustive, perfect or include everybody that's reputable, but generally there's a stronger indication of quality from them. 

no yea ive heard of people on here recommending him, if u search up his name on this website u should find reviews of him

• Moderators

I would be going something more like this. See the red lines I drew. You won't use up too many grafts, but you will get a very good improvement.

image.thumb.png.860735ffe6e5d455610cfedfcfc62c25.png

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

I would be going something more like this. See the red lines I drew. You won't use up too many grafts, but you will get a very good improvement.

image.thumb.png.860735ffe6e5d455610cfedfcfc62c25.png

Blue line is not a Caucasian hairline, and IMO would be a mistake. 

Red line much more fitting.