HIV+ patient

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, John1991 said:

So the guy who plays the race card in a way that would make Al Sharpton proud - Looksmaxx - gets outraged when someone responds to his inane post and claims they are the ones using the "discrimination card."  Classic.

The ignorance, hypocrisy is off the charts. He has created at least 4 accounts that I know of, and always gets caught because of what he spews. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, The comeback king said:

are you really the hiv consultant or the actual op who got rejected by the clinic ? It sounds with how invested you are that your the actual op using the cover of being someone else. Im not a medical expert but given its "cosmetic " surgery and not health related I can see why some doctors would not take the risk

Yes, i work in HIV and STD clinic - and test people for HIV, Syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, Hep C and so on....then i give them results and explain, as i did here, that life is normal regardless of the results.  No one develop AIDS in developing countries ( less US where medicine in not free).  Point i am trying to explain here to all of you non medical personal is: THERE IS NO RISK - undetectable HIV+ dos not have enough viral load for transmition to occur. In addition - while fear my be for HIV virus which is very fragile and dos not live long time out of body - main fear should be Hep C which is not fragile and can live long period outside the body.  So there is NO RISK as transmition can not occur - but if a clinic is no sterilizing equipment - then most likely you will get all other disease before you get HIV.  

5 hours ago, RTC said:

This isn't strictly true though is it? The mechanisms of anal sex make HIV far easier to catch than standard hetero intercourse.

If straight guy is HIV+ and have an unprotected sex with a women - risk to a women to catch is very high

If a gay guy hiv+ has unprotected penetration ( he is penetrating) - the risk to receiving guy is very high

And opposite is the case:  If female is HIV+ - straight guy has  significantly reduced chance of getting HIV

If a receptive( being penetrated) guy is HIV+ - the other guy has reduced risk in catching HIV

Now there are so many sub versions of above - and many, many variation factors but in principle that's it.

Now - any partner if HIV + Undetectable can freely have any type of sex with anyone - unprotected and transmition rate is : ZERO

When a person is undetectable , and almost all patients are after short period of time after starting the treatment, there is not enough viral load for transmition to happen. What a wonderful achievement of medicine! 

4 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

they will cure aids before they cure hairloss

I really hope so.

4 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Hello,

I want to be educated. So let’s say if someone is hiv positive, but with detectable viral, should a clinic tell them to wait till they are undetectable? 

Also the meds work for everyone? I have heard this is resistance with some genotype. 

what should be a good testing protocol? Get a viral load a week before the surgery? 

you can pm me 

Are you an private individual or medical person?  I can send you PM and maybe you can give me your e mail and my clinic will answer.

And now to come back to subject, where private business discriminate HIV+ Undetectable person  - well they can do that maybe in 3rd world countries where law and protection of human rights is sill in development. But i am sure that soon someone will take this type of case to court - and win. As there is no medical ground to refuse to do surgery - so if they reply is : we dont want to do it because of your HIV status - then this is classified as discrimination in ALL western developed countries.  Same as is to refuse service on base of sexuality, religion, color of skin etc...

So i dont agree with Turkey approach - but not surprised , in Turkey they think if you touch HIV+ person - you got it. And whole society needs lots of educating - and sadly very sadly - medical staff too.

Edited by whathair

Risk being functionally zero, and being zero, are two different things.  If odds are say, 1 in 100,000 to transmit HIV while having an undetectable viral load, it's still not 0 (made that 1 in 10k number up, just an example).  I'd never get mad at someone who's paranoid enough to want to say "well, I'll just not take the risk" (even if it's not a "real" risk).  It's their business.  

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here: