Post surgery medication possible in liquid form?

Are all the meds post surgery necessary? Are there any alternatives in liquid form for a person that has swallowing pills problems? No matter what I can't swallow bigger pills, is surgery not possible for me because of this?

There aren't typically a lot of medications you need to take after a procedure. I think different doctors prescribe different medications, but it usually involves antibiotics to prevent infection and pain pills to make things more comfortable the days after the procedure. The pain medications are definitely optional though, and whether or not you take them would depend on your pain tolerance. I took a few of them the night of the procedure and the day after, but didn't need the entire prescription. 

I'd run this by your doctor. There might be liquid alternatives, but if not, ya might just have to cut them in half - or get creative and grind them up and drink with juice or something. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

in my opinion, it's best to ask if it's safe to break the pill / tablet to take them in smaller size, and still take it orally.

i'm not a medical worker, but as far as i know, most topical antibiotics are for skin problem, and they are usually only skin deep problem. maybe it would go systematically into your blood and body, but should there be any infection or telltale sign, such as pus/white spot on the grafts, it might not be able to penetrate deep enough to actually kill all the possible infection. I for one had several white spots, which could have become an infection if not for the regular cleaning/drying and antibiotic intake, so i'd advocate for it.

do note that my opinion is not of a medically educated one, just from what i know, and what i experienced.

I only took some painkillers but it's not a must, other than this nothing.

The only issue you may consider is an option for Anti-edematous meds, but this usually happens when you wear stripes over your head like in hair mills in Turkey, it's only cause for unnecessary infections because the anesthesia and waters won't drain off naturally.

If you healt issues you need to get approval from a doctor.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

5 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

I only took some painkillers but it's not a must, other than this nothing.

The only issue you may consider is an option for Anti-edematous meds, but this usually happens when you wear stripes over your head like in hair mills in Turkey, it's only cause for unnecessary infections because the anesthesia and waters won't drain off naturally.

If you healt issues you need to get approval from a doctor.

So to confirm you took no anti biotics? 

8 hours ago, mafpe said:

in my opinion, it's best to ask if it's safe to break the pill / tablet to take them in smaller size, and still take it orally.

i'm not a medical worker, but as far as i know, most topical antibiotics are for skin problem, and they are usually only skin deep problem. maybe it would go systematically into your blood and body, but should there be any infection or telltale sign, such as pus/white spot on the grafts, it might not be able to penetrate deep enough to actually kill all the possible infection. I for one had several white spots, which could have become an infection if not for the regular cleaning/drying and antibiotic intake, so i'd advocate for it.

do note that my opinion is not of a medically educated one, just from what i know, and what i experienced.

Well, the infection is going to occur from outside in not inside out, so topical if used correctly should be enough as a prophylactic to make sure you never need to penetrate the medicine deep into the skin.

But I agree, it's probably ideal to take the oral antibiotics from the hair perspective - I'd just rather not subject my hard-won gut microbiome to the equivalent of a nuclear detonation!

SoSoz,

This is definitely a question for your surgeon and/or the pharmacy. There aren’t many medication you’ll need to take after surgery. The medication‘s that are typically prescribed are anti-pain medications and medication to prevent infection. They are typically prescribed in pill form. I don’t know if there are liquids available for either of these types of medication.  But again, this is something you should probably ask your surgeon and/or the pharmacy.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.