How do I get an appointment?

Anon94

Hey Guys!

I‘m still looking for where to get my hairline fixed. It’s unnecessarily complicated, since I’m not near as flexible with my calendar as I’d like to be. 
I‘ve contacted some clinics like Pinto, Medecap and others in Spain or Portugal, but making the time work hasn’t proven easy.

I’ve been wanting to contact Pekiner, but I don’t know how. He has an email listed on his homepage (neohead), but that doesn’t work. Then there is a WhatsApp of an Italians patient coordinator that I found on here, but he just redirected me to a German coordinator. That one just doesn’t answer any texts or emails though. 

I really like Pekiners work, as I’ve seen a good amount of really good examples with similar hair characteristics to mine (and the price under 3€ a graft is something I could actually afford). 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

• Administrators

I have no idea about Dr. Pekiner, though, there are much better doctors in Europe for a little bit more. Dr. De Freitas does excellent work, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Ahmad to name a few. 

I suggest using our list as a starting point for research

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to How do I get an appointment?

Those docs are all way more expensive. I’ve got somewhat of a budget saved up, but I can’t afford an extra 5000€ for someone like Bisanga or Feriduni. And the other two are below Pekiner from the results I’ve seen. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Anon94 said:

Also, why did you change the title to something completely different to my question? 

We don’t host conversations about this doctor anymore because his rep was incentivizing patients to post on here. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We don’t host conversations about this doctor anymore because his rep was incentivizing patients to post on here. 

Aren’t other doctors doing that as well? You’ve mentioned Dr. Pittella telling his patients to post their results here in another thread. 

I don’t see what’s bad about results being shared on here. 

• Administrators
Just now, Anon94 said:

Aren’t other doctors doing that as well? You’ve mentioned Dr. Pittella telling his patients to post their results here in another thread. 

I don’t see what’s bad about results being shared on here. 

Telling them to post and giving them monetary incentives are two different things. If patients are coming here to post and share that’s a good thing. If patients are flooding the board because they’re being compensated, that’s a BAD thing. Anyhow, that’s the reason why we’re no longer hosting discussions regarding this surgeon.

View my thread

I would like to give you the contact details of dr. Pekiner's representative but i can't send private messages anymore. Yesterday i tried to start a thread about my recent procedure with dr. Pekiner but it still hasn't been approved by the moderator.  This entire dr. Pekiner thing here has become ridiculous. It's obvious personal feelings have become involved with this entire situation. I thought it was all about helping each other. Pinto and De Freitas have super long waiting lists. Dr. Pekiner is a great option as he has great results ( as you can see on this forum), his waiting list is not super long and for a affordable price. Take a look at Jarrod's results for example. That results is up there with the best of results.

This forum is great and it has helped a lot of people including me, make a good decision for a doctor but this Pekiner situation has become very weird in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingo said:

I would like to give you the contact details of dr. Pekiner's representative but i can't send private messages anymore. Yesterday i tried to start a thread about my recent procedure with dr. Pekiner but it still hasn't been approved by the moderator.  This entire dr. Pekiner thing here has become ridiculous. It's obvious personal feelings have become involved with this entire situation. I thought it was all about helping each other. Pinto and De Freitas have super long waiting lists. Dr. Pekiner is a great option as he has great results ( as you can see on this forum), his waiting list is not super long and for a affordable price. Take a look at Jarrod's results for example. That results is up there with the best of results.

This forum is great and it has helped a lot of people including me, make a good decision for a doctor but this Pekiner situation has become very weird in my opinion.

So it’s not like he was taking down bad reviews was he? I’m considering him as well rn. Along w path and laorwong. What’re ur thoughts on them?

7 hours ago, kingo said:

I missed it, what happened with Pekiner?

7 hours ago, kingo said:

You have very valid points, having as many doctors in many locations is needed for patients especially when the wait times are ridiculous for so many of these doctors. Not just that, the money they charge too. Clearly the supply demand is working in their favour and they’re taking full advantage of it.

But I have noticed Melvin really has a lot of patience and I admire the way he moderates/administers the forum as someone who has experience running forums, I don’t display such patience. So if Melvin banned a good doctor (?) like him, it wouldn’t have been a light decision. 

I think it’s easy to forget that just because surgeons are great at HT doesn’t mean they’re great human beings too. As you spend time here, you start to understand that how a surgeon is as a person is a different thing than how his skills as a surgeon. Dr House was a d1ck but he was great doctor 😄

2 hours ago, Iceee222 said:

So it’s not like he was taking down bad reviews was he? I’m considering him as well rn. Along w path and laorwong. What’re ur thoughts on them?

No. Dr Pekiner offered a discount to patients if they would make a thread about their procedure and results on a forum. Which to be honest isn't even that bad in my opinion. He must be very confident if he offers a discount. And it's a way to save a few bucks as a patient. But rules are rules and i understand that as a moderator you need to enforce them. But that was many years ago. Maybe it's time to let go?

Dr. Path and Laorwong are great doctors as well. I considered them too, but because i live in Europe i rather stayed in Europe. But if going to Thailand isn't a problem for u, you can definitely consider them. There waiting lists aren't long either. 

If you want dr. Pekiner's representative's contact details. Send me a message and that i can send you them. I don't know why i cant dm first anymore. 

9 minutes ago, kingo said:

No. Dr Pekiner offered a discount to patients if they would make a thread about their procedure and results on a forum. Which to be honest isn't even that bad in my opinion. He must be very confident if he offers a discount. And it's a way to save a few bucks as a patient. But rules are rules and i understand that as a moderator you need to enforce them. But that was many years ago. Maybe it's time to let go?

Dr. Path and Laorwong are great doctors as well. I considered them too, but because i live in Europe i rather stayed in Europe. But if going to Thailand isn't a problem for u, you can definitely consider them. There waiting lists aren't long either. 

If you want dr. Pekiner's representative's contact details. Send me a message and that i can send you them. I don't know why i cant dm first anymore. 

Sweet man really appreciate your help this helps a lot! Yea I’ll be aussie so Thailand very accessible. You got a preference between path and laorwong? 

we’ll good to know about Pekiner as I’ve seen good things about him but was worried after that comment. I’m still considering him at this time 

2 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

You have very valid points, having as many doctors in many locations is needed for patients especially when the wait times are ridiculous for so many of these doctors. Not just that, the money they charge too. Clearly the supply demand is working in their favour and they’re taking full advantage of it.

But I have noticed Melvin really has a lot of patience and I admire the way he moderates/administers the forum as someone who has experience running forums, I don’t display such patience. So if Melvin banned a good doctor (?) like him, it wouldn’t have been a light decision. 

I think it’s easy to forget that just because surgeons are great at HT doesn’t mean they’re great human beings too. As you spend time here, you start to understand that how a surgeon is as a person is a different thing than how his skills as a surgeon. Dr House was a d1ck but he was great doctor 😄

He offered a discount for patients who would make threads on a forum about their procedure and results. I understand rules or rules but to ban a doctor who is a great option for many patients for many years is really harsh. And not only ban him but make it really hard for people like me to post their procedure and results on this forum and also kind of slander the doctor. Saying Dr. De Freitas, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Mwamba and Dr. Ahmad are much better doctors (which personally i don't agree with).  Take a look at the results of Jarrod, Pephair, kiokbs, giegnosiganoe (and many more on reddit and Bellicapelli.) Those are up there with the best of them. I mean you always say that there is a doctor for everyone's need and you need to take a look a results that are posted here and base your decision on that right? 

And Dr. Pekiner was no doctor House haha. He was actually a very kind and friendly doctor who asked a lot of questions about my hair situation. I am just two weeks post op so its to early to say i have a great result but everything is going well. I really like my hairline. It's natural, conservative (because of my younger age) and frames my face really well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have seen great results of the both of them. Laorwong is a bit cheaper though.

You should do a online consultation on their websites and see what they offer for your situation. Also take a look at results posted on this forum.

• Thanks 1

Agreed, don't make an decision based of Bellicapelli.  I said that you can see some results from dr. Pekiner on that forum as you can clearly read. Reddit is full of people with results and of hairmills and recommending them as well but you can still check out the results of a good doctor on reddit. 

32 minutes ago, ITA said:

Leave that forum alone

Agreed, don't make an decision based of Bellicapelli.  I said that you can see some results from dr. Pekiner on that forum as you can clearly read. Reddit is full of people with results of hairmills and recommending them as well but you can still check out the results of a good doctor on reddit

1 hour ago, Iceee222 said:

Sweet man really appreciate your help this helps a lot! Yea I’ll be aussie so Thailand very accessible. You got a preference between path and laorwong? 

we’ll good to know about Pekiner as I’ve seen good things about him but was worried after that comment. I’m still considering him at this time 

I have seen great results of the both of them. Laorwong is a bit cheaper though.

You should do a online consultation on their websites and see what they offer for your situation. Also take a look at results posted on this forum.

You can reach Alex, his rep. When you add through WhatsApp pls add country as Italy, as Alex is Italian. I recently got mine done end of August and today will be day 29 and my progress has been greet so far! 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed number

Dr Pekiner’s results have been outstanding so far and he is a man of ethics and principals and is not after $$$ like ppl may think on this forum. If he was giving a discount, it was for the patients!! And that too to write in their own will, good or bad!!

i have stopped posting on this forum as a result of this discrimination.

He is not a paying surgeon on this forum and as such, doesnt add any $$$ to the pockets of this forum. 
Dr Pekiner doesnt need HRN but i bet you, the members of this forum do need to know about him and any doctor for that matter without any kinda discrimination!!

Edited by Vic

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Vic said:

Dr Pekiner’s results have been outstanding so far and he is a man of ethics and principals and is not after $$$ like ppl may think on this forum. If he was giving a discount, it was for the patients!! And that too to write in their own will, good or bad!!

i have stopped posting on this forum as a result of this discrimination.

He is not a paying surgeon on this forum and as such, doesnt add any $$$ to the pockets of this forum. 
Dr Pekiner doesnt need HRN but i bet you, the members of this forum do need to know about him and any doctor for that matter without any kinda discrimination!!

We don’t discriminate on doctors who are not sponsors. Look up Dr. Pinto, Dr. Ferreira, Hattingen to name a few. These doctors DO NOT PAY members to post! His rep Alex is a moderator for another forum.

How you could rep a clinic and moderate a forum is beyond me, definitely a conflict of interest. Regardless, he knew exactly what he was doing by trying to game the system. As long as he has that rep, we won’t discuss him. If you post his number again I’ll ban you for good. 

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We don’t discriminate on doctors who are not sponsors. Look up Dr. Pinto, Dr. Ferreira, Hattingen to name a few. These doctors DO NOT PAY members to post! His rep Alex is a moderator for another forum.

How you could rep a clinic and moderate a forum beyond me, definitely a conflict of interest. Regardless, he knew exactly what he was doing by tryna to game the system. As long as he has that rep, we won’t discuss him. If you post his number again I’ll ban you for good. 

You can go ahead and ban me for life!! I dont want to be part of a forum whose moderator receives a Free surgery from EUGENIX and pins that surgery on a forum!! Talk about double standards! A surgeon should not be banished just cz of his rep! But if you think otherwise and if ONLY your word goes here on HRN, then, you are no better by curbing down our opinions! Shame on you @Melvin- Moderator  for running this forum like a dictator! My way or Highway, eh!!

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Vic said:

You can go ahead and ban me for life!! I dont want to be part of a forum whose moderator receives a Free surgery from EUGENIX and pins that surgery on a forum!! Talk about double standards! A surgeon should not be banished just cz of his rep! But if you think otherwise and if ONLY your word goes here on HRN, then, you are no better by curbing down our opinions! Shame on you @Melvin- Moderator  for running this forum like a dictator! My way or Highway, eh!!

Who said the surgery was free?!? Also, my surgery isn’t pinned. I don’t pin any surgery reviews. Clearly, you’re spreading false lies, and our forum isn’t for you. 

View my thread