What age would you say your hair loss was the worst?

4 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Very interesting. 34 is a great age for Ht and I’d say pretty lucky you still have hair. Are you going fue or fut route? You think there was any noticeable loss prior to 25?

FUE - tbh I would never even consider FUT. I don't think I have a very elastic scalp to begin with, and the whole FUT process is so much more invasive compared to FUE with longer recovery time and a more painful recovery too I believe. 

I don't think their was any noticeable loss prior to 25. It's kind of funny, when I was 17 I almost overnight developed 3 random grey spots in my hair. Really they're not grey, they're white especially since contrasted against my dark brown hair. I was convinced I'd be full silver fox by my mid 20's, but the spots never got any worse to this day and I don't have any other grey hairs since. So when I started balding I convinced myself it was traction alopecia from wearing my hair in a manbun, and that my hair loss would never get any worse similarly to how my hair never got any more grey. WRONG! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

FUE - tbh I would never even consider FUT. I don't think I have a very elastic scalp to begin with, and the whole FUT process is so much more invasive compared to FUE with longer recovery time and a more painful recovery too I believe. 

I don't think their was any noticeable loss prior to 25. It's kind of funny, when I was 17 I almost overnight developed 3 random grey spots in my hair. Really they're not grey, they're white especially since contrasted against my dark brown hair. I was convinced I'd be full silver fox by my mid 20's, but the spots never got any worse to this day and I don't have any other grey hairs since. So when I started balding I convinced myself it was traction alopecia from wearing my hair in a manbun, and that my hair loss would never get any worse similarly to how my hair never got any more grey. WRONG! 

Lol. I think I’ve heard of that like poliosis or something. It doesn’t impact the hair it just the hair loses melanin and over time becomes white. Probably similar to many men with brown/blacker facial hair getting a red tint as time goes on. Either way very interesting. And I agree fut is a massive undertaking. Sometimes it is hard to know if the extra 1-2k grafts is even worth that. One thing I wonder is in 10-20 year will fut even be necessary with advancement of donor healing and maybe hair clone

• Administrators

What a great thread, for me, it was 27-30.

16 hair of the gods

Circa 2002

B2C1BB06-87EB-496C-8623-8D105712DDFD.jpeg

20/21 the hairline started to erode

Circa 2006

8E3C1E25-C7D5-470A-AA74-151AFB540FCC.jpeg

By 29 my hair was gone 

Circa 2014

130305E9-DC3F-4508-8D7D-CCF4023E7C88.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What a great thread, for me, it was 27-30.

16 hair of the gods

Circa 2002

B2C1BB06-87EB-496C-8623-8D105712DDFD.jpeg

20/21 the hairline started to erode

Circa 2006

8E3C1E25-C7D5-470A-AA74-151AFB540FCC.jpeg

By 29 my hair was gone 

Circa 2014

130305E9-DC3F-4508-8D7D-CCF4023E7C88.jpeg

Wow your hair in your younger years was incredible. At 21 did you think it was eroding or is it full circle and now you realized it was slowly? Pretty crazy how once hair loss begins it just runs with it. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Wow your hair in your younger years was incredible. At 21 did you think it was eroding or is it full circle and now you realized it was slowly? Pretty crazy how once hair loss begins it just runs with it. 

A lot of people told me in high school they wanted to vote me best hair. Yea I noticed my hairline was starting to recede. But I didn’t know it would be that aggressive.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin- Moderator I always seem to forget just how advanced your hair loss was, and it always amazes me how incredible your results are. Next level transformation for suuuure. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56