Dr Patrick Mwamba Brussels 3000 grafts FUE 06/30/22

SteveUrkel02

There is clear improvement from your previous pictures, you are still only 7 months with most of the density coming now and continuing up to 18 months. I think by month 12 this will look amazing 👏 

• Like 1

I like the hairline design - it looks like it suits your head shape from the pics. I guess 3000 was the max amount of grafts that could be safely implanted for blood supply etc? It definitely looks natural and you still have more time for it to thicken up. Happy for you man!

• Thanks 1

Looks awesome and very natural. The density will improve a little bit in the next few months but it’s only possible to achieve 50% native density with one surgery. No doctor in the world is capable of implanting higher than 50% density with one pass so you’ll need a second surgery if you want more density. There is a study that showed about 50% density is all you need to not look like you’re balding.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Thanks 1

@SteveUrkel02 looks better and better! appreciate the update. really goes to show that hair transplants are not meant to be kept at buzz cut length. They need decent length to pass the illusion of density. 

To be completely honest I can still spot some of the less-dense areas, but only because you pointed them out earlier and we are all hair transplant veterans after all.

I do think this still absolutely passes the litmus test which is that these areas are still completely unnoticeable to casual observers and others not in the know. And for all you know this hair will still thicken up in the coming months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@SteveUrkel02 looks better and better! appreciate the update. really goes to show that hair transplants are not meant to be kept at buzz cut length. They need decent length to pass the illusion of density. 

To be completely honest I can still spot some of the less-dense areas, but only because you pointed them out earlier and we are all hair transplant veterans after all.

I do think this still absolutely passes the litmus test which is that these areas are still completely unnoticeable to casual observers and others not in the know. And for all you know this hair will still thicken up in the coming months. 

I can not agree more 👍

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks incredible man, i'd be curious to see how you look with a bald fade. I don't think I have ever seen a donor heal like yours, even a few days after surgery you couldn't see any signs of surgery.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks incredible man, i'd be curious to see how you look with a bald fade. I don't think I have ever seen a donor heal like yours, even a few days after surgery you couldn't see any signs of surgery.

Agree I’d like to see that as well lol 

On 1/16/2023 at 6:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I know, he's so lucky. I just got a #0.5 (2.4mm) fade 11 days after surgery and it's brilliantly visible 😅. I uploaded a photo of it to my story.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:30 AM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Actually I’m going to post a picture after 1 week growth. In 1-2 weeks I will hit the 6 month mark. I just wanted to get assurance if this looks like decent growth overall. When I was at 5 months it was 4-5 times as long and it looked decent when I kind of spiked it up (I will attach a picture of that too). In this state( buzz cut)  I can definitely say that it looks very very sparse in basically every lighting ( especially when you look at me from the front ). I know that this was a transplant on a fully bald area and I also have very thin hair. I just wanted to ask if anything looks off ? Will it look better when grown out longer? Is it normal for a transplant to look sparse with a buzzcut? 
D2F367A2-A91C-4149-946B-3ADE11FF20FF.thumb.png.73509510fb122a3650314371d23bce89.png473F7CD6-FA2C-4BA9-A23C-22FD2B2BD8F8.thumb.jpeg.019ca69242a6db17c94f921122c3b607.jpeg

I am in the same boat. I think it looks great and at least your temples are symmetrical in patterning/density. I had two techs, with two varying levels of experience, placing grafts on different sides of my head and there is a stark difference in density and how the hair lays.

7 months and 1 week. I have been going out without wearing a cap for 3 days now. No one, literally no one has looked at my hairline suspiciously ( At least I was not able to take note of anything of that nature). It is getting better and better. I am not bothered by the weak spots , they are very subtle. Especially in real life. For now I am done I think. I don’t have the nerves to buzz my hair again and wait for it to grown in, so I won’t have another procedure to increase density anytime soon. I will most likely save further grafts for future loss.CD40EDDE-D7D4-465E-B8B0-5605D5BA01DF.thumb.png.dc2eb557e55ef8e310b80cbca0698eb8.png854CC816-3E45-43AD-8009-9D416963EEC8.thumb.png.9e5fb3f2f7db820dfb033707e20fe2fd.pngA3FF568F-3DC6-43A9-A401-ADAE1B9D75E4.thumb.png.48d21bb268aa8c860d4cbb4464fa4db4.png

• Like 2

• Administrators

Looks incredible man, how is the donor? Do you get a bald fade?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks incredible man, how is the donor? Do you get a bald fade?

3BE6FA14-1216-404F-9DA3-6D446062BCC8.thumb.png.6653fe3e53719fa081d9c5ea4be47599.pngYou can definitely see some white dots at this length. Weirdly if the hair is completely buzzed/shaved down to zero I don’t see any dots. However I am completely happy with how it is looking !!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RTC said:

Glad to hear it bro!

Thanks bro! I I am crossing fingers for you too. Remember you are a repair case + you are very critical because you are very informed about hair transplants + we are always more critical with ourselves no matter what. 

17 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

Thanks bro! I I am crossing fingers for you too. Remember you are a repair case + you are very critical because you are very informed about hair transplants + we are always more critical with ourselves no matter what. 

Thank you bro

btw your donor looks almost perfect, nobody will ever notice you had anything done, this is what successful HT's are about

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

3BE6FA14-1216-404F-9DA3-6D446062BCC8.thumb.png.6653fe3e53719fa081d9c5ea4be47599.pngYou can definitely see some white dots at this length. Weirdly if the hair is completely buzzed/shaved down to zero I don’t see any dots. However I am completely happy with how it is looking !!!

This is god tier healing. I don’t see anything tbh. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2023 at 6:22 AM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Hey, I have been growing it out for about 1,5 months now. I am at month 7. I must say I AM SO SO HAPPY. I can finally go out without a hat again. Very relieving and life changing. I think it will look even better when I grow it out much longer on top. Of course I have some weak spots but at this length I can easily camouflage them. I will probably save further grafts for the future since I am very happy with the frame and the natural look. I had some doubts which is normal but now I am finally free again. I will update further when my hair is longer on top.

thank you Dr.Mwamba

33961631-9B31-4FA8-A3E4-2F7339FF1450.jpeg

189B350C-6710-42F5-B8D6-88704E7AC346.jpeg

127050EF-76B2-41C9-A3D9-A10C4054644D.jpeg

Mwamba did you right bro. This is freaking fantastic. I also chuckled a little at your anxieties about that little spot that people were suggesting a few grafts. Even at that length you were looking excellent, and realize that buzzing your hair down is like a reset that takes several months for density to reappear. You look very natural, matching density all over your head, and a donor that looks untouched. Congrats man