Dr Patrick Mwamba Brussels 3000 grafts FUE 06/30/22

SteveUrkel02

It has been 86 days since my surgery in Brussels. 3k grafts were extracted to fill in my corners and lower the hairline considerably. I pushed Dr.Mwamba to do it since I had depression and insecurities because of the disbalance of my facial thirds. My frontal point was 8cm from the glabella. My middle part is 5.8 cm and my bottom third is like 6,2 cm. My big forehead disturbed my facial harmony. Now they are beautifully balanced : 6cm, 5,8cm and 6,2cm. have been doing research for years and I know the risks of lowering the hairline about 2cm. I am on 1mg fin 3 times a week. Ever since I have been taking it my recession has stopped. I already have a plan if I progress further than a NW5. This plan is to homogeneously deplete my donor area , use body/beard  hair to fill in my donor etc and since I don’t see any dots in my donor I can even shave it to 0 which I actually like. Around 2.5 months I started noticing more and more baby hairs popping trough. So the trend went upwards from there. In 4 days I will reach the 3month mark. I have been shaving my head but from now on I will grow it out to track my progress. I will start posting my progress at about month 3. I will attach a picture which was 2-3 weeks after my procedure.

256BF375-F91A-414F-A485-7E1BB5AC443D.jpeg

Edited by SteveUrkel02
Wrong time stamps of surgery date

Can you please post pictures of your donor area? 

I have been trying to understand how overharvesting donor looks like vs normal donor and it’s so difficult to find donor pictures that aren’t a year old. Seems like nobody wants to show their donors immediately or soon after post op. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

I have been trying to understand how overharvesting donor looks like vs normal donor and it’s so difficult to find donor pictures that aren’t a year old. Seems like nobody wants to show their donors immediately or soon after post op. 

I will grow my hair a bit, then I can show you my donor. I have another thread where you can see my donor area, but just shaven. I have to say that when it was grown out a bit it didn’t look overharvested at all. I also can’t see any dots. I had 3k grafts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LookMaxx said:

That is the longest I had it148430D1-5308-4EE2-9507-53942BD7D77A.thumb.png.c26d8da13a780e24b61fce951608040e.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Can you talk more specifically about your experience with the proccedure in dr Mwamba clinic, all good there? (you seem happy but didn't mention it, im curious because I might book with him)

Dr.Mwamba and his team at the clinic  are very nice people. I can only attest to other experiences which refer to the team being nice and feeling comfortable. But I have a point of critique. The communication afterwards is not what I wished for. I don’t expect them to run after me but I certainly expect to have my questions answered. Especially when I express that I am concerned about something. Very uninformative WhatsApp service so to speak. The seem very unorganized. But if you are at the clinic everything goes fluently, you will be taken care of there. If my result will be good , I can only recommend going there. If it won’t , obviously I can’t. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The work looks immaculate 🤌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

Dr.Mwamba and his team at the clinic  are very nice people. I can only attest to other experiences which refer to the team being nice and feeling comfortable. But I have a point of critique. The communication afterwards is not what I wished for. I don’t expect them to run after me but I certainly expect to have my questions answered. Especially when I express that I am concerned about something. Very uninformative WhatsApp service so to speak. The seem very unorganized. But if you are at the clinic everything goes fluently, you will be taken care of there. If my result will be good , I can only recommend going there. If it won’t , obviously I can’t. 

OK, that was my impression too. I guess they focus on in-person quality and most of their patients go in person for those type of worries.

But the master in hand is Mwamba and if he gives you 100% attention during surgery days everything else falls of on a second level. Sure, its nice to be treated in silk sheets and nice words before and after proccedure, but the only thing we truly care about is our end hair result after all. The way the staff deals with patients aftercare isn't related to end results most likely.

I hope you have a good result, we'll see!

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1

Looking great so far pal, other than the redness, the transplanted areas look very similar to non in terms of density, I think you should be very happy with this result.

Doesn't look like you have any loss at the crown, is this correct? ANd do you have any before pics?

Edited by HHH
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, HHH said:

Looking great so far pal, other than the redness, the transplanted areas look very similar to non in terms of density, I think you should be very happy with this result.

Doesn't look like you have any loss at the crown, is this correct? ANd do you have any before pics?

Yes I did not have any loss at the crown. Dr.Mwamba analyzed my scalp and came to the conclusion that the only miniaturized areas are the temples. I only have one 1 picture where I drew a hairline suggestion and sent it to some clinics. I will attach it.D718F741-741E-4B15-84DA-4C8D108BD41B.thumb.jpeg.1fb4417905ae5f41fc24e4fad8500069.jpeg

On 9/19/2022 at 1:30 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

It has been 86 days since my surgery in Brussels. 3k grafts were extracted to fill in my corners and lower the hairline considerably. I pushed Dr.Mwamba to do it since I had depression and insecurities because of the disbalance of my facial thirds. My frontal point was 8cm from the glabella. My middle part is 5.8 cm and my bottom third is like 6,2 cm. My big forehead disturbed my facial harmony. Now they are beautifully balanced : 6cm, 5,8cm and 6,2cm. have been doing research for years and I know the risks of lowering the hairline about 2cm. I am on 1mg fin 3 times a week. Ever since I have been taking it my recession has stopped. I already have a plan if I progress further than a NW5. This plan is to homogeneously deplete my donor area , use body/beard  hair to fill in my donor etc and since I don’t see any dots in my donor I can even shave it to 0 which I actually like. Around 2.5 months I started noticing more and more baby hairs popping trough. So the trend went upwards from there. In 4 days I will reach the 3month mark. I have been shaving my head but from now on I will grow it out to track my progress. I will start posting my progress at about month 3. I will attach a picture which was 2-3 weeks after my procedure.

256BF375-F91A-414F-A485-7E1BB5AC443D.jpeg

Sorry to hear about the mental health impact MPB was having on you, it's tough but something a lot of us on here can probably relate to. And here's hoping this will improve things in that department. 

3000 grafts does seem like a lot for that area but your donor seems to have healed well and is looking good. I had a quote from Mwamaba recently for the same number of grafts to fill a similar area so I guess it's just what he recommends to get natural looking hairline density. 

Keep us updated mate as things progress 

• Thanks 1

I just got back from DrMwambas clinic after an FUE of 2000 grafts

Will make a whole post soon
I can relate to the unexpected level of communication with DrMwamba although to me they seem to answer quite fast and are indeed giving me the consultation and comfort I need! I guess sometimes they are just way too busy, I literally recall Dr.Mwamba working non-stop and on his breaks he would reply to patients messages and calls.
He deserves all the credit, whether the results are good or bad, they do this journey WAY easier for their patients and that is great value for your money as is.

OP your recipient area is looking great, clean and accurate work, I wish you a fast and successful recovery man

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mike1J said:

I just got back from DrMwambas clinic after an FUE of 2000 grafts

Will make a whole post soon
I can relate to the unexpected level of communication with DrMwamba although to me they seem to answer quite fast and are indeed giving me the consultation and comfort I need! I guess sometimes they are just way too busy, I literally recall Dr.Mwamba working non-stop and on his breaks he would reply to patients messages and calls.
He deserves all the credit, whether the results are good or bad, they do this journey WAY easier for their patients and that is great value for your money as is.

OP your recipient area is looking great, clean and accurate work, I wish you a fast and successful recovery man

Same amount I’m going for will follow closely when you post!

90 days update: Hair is sprouting like crazy right now. Hoping that it will blend in in the next 2-3 months.I feel like the topical minoxidil I am applying to the recipient area really helps with the growth. I have got pretty sensitive skin, so the redness is still there. To be fair it looks way worse on camera. Next update will be at 4 months. My donor definitely looks better if I trim it shorter. A2AEF88D-A6B1-413D-9714-CDD088C9FB38.thumb.jpeg.d8370ed344352f5aa3ffd7e157e76923.jpegB3EB9598-9EEB-4164-AA1B-B7907BD9A5D5.thumb.jpeg.32d7ba76a9e118bec259241f27e2a567.jpeg08D89198-B20B-46B5-91C6-020F201F1B6C.thumb.jpeg.f6abda22bc2630103c851d533932eaae.jpegE611303F-4112-4491-8722-AD722C6DB70B.thumb.jpeg.99c2e6dd61facb53c593497321334c98.jpegAD26D1F2-65D9-414D-807E-42FC34B96602.thumb.jpeg.4467e7a2c6ccbadaf27f19d04d787fc4.jpeg10FA2BD5-25B4-437A-A172-F79A310B9FD8.thumb.png.8216aec7a71ca9e29bb5619b2d0d2851.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, time has passed. I am now about 5 months and 1 week post-op. It has been growing well. I just went to a barber to make my hair look presentable for the first time in months. Unfortunately he completely f***** up my hairline. Pushed it back and lined it up asymmetrically. So I just shaved it down to zero again. Big mental hit but hopefully it is gonna grow back even thicker and denser so I can provide you guys with a proper all around update. 
It is probably gonna take 2 months.

Until then

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:11 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Hello guys, time has passed. I am now about 5 months and 1 week post-op. It has been growing well. I just went to a barber to make my hair look presentable for the first time in months. Unfortunately he completely f***** up my hairline. Pushed it back and lined it up asymmetrically. So I just shaved it down to zero again. Big mental hit but hopefully it is gonna grow back even thicker and denser so I can provide you guys with a proper all around update. 

Until then

Would you say you are happy with your transplant overall so far as a heads up before next update? Im very curious, thanks

• Administrators
On 12/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Until then

That’s why you NEVER let a barber give you line ups. Unless you have a godtier hairline, line ups just make you look more receded. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.