Lowering Hairline vs Filling in Corners (Pics Included)

That may be better than nothing but my advice is to seek consultations with reputable ethical Drs. I did 5 physical consultations. It is not only about your donor, it is also about possible miniaturization of the rest of your hair, where you're heading  and if medication is working properly. Future planning is also important. As suggested by another poster,  I would give it a full 12 months and book some consultations in that time span.  HT is a lifelong decision, you want to make sure you have all the proper information before making a decision.

Edited by Mike10
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve just came across this thread again, and noticed a strong sentiment towards playing it more conservative with the hairline design.

I agree in enlarge, that a precautionary strategy such as this is most likely advisable for you, given you’re not on 5AR inhibitors, and you have pretty aggressive hairloss for your age. 

However contrary to the historical belief within the industry, addressing temple points doesn’t mean you are not being conservative - it means you are taking the required steps to achieve a natural outcome, simply put, a corner filled hairline with no temple point work in your option 1 strategy, will not leave you with a natural looking result, and more like that of a hair system wearer. 

Temple point restoration is fundamental for the complete framing of the face, and utilises very fine haired single grafts that offer little coverage value for other areas of the recipient, thus making the need to reserve grafts for future loss somewhat of a redundant argument. 

Conservative restoration usually refers to the hairline placement, ie - the height from the eyebrows, which is a different conversation. 

Transplanting into diffuse areas of loss, as I previously mentioned comes down to the individual Dr’s preferred style. 

I would recommend not addressing the frontal and crown areas simultaneously - rather focus on the hairline and temple points first, and then analyse your growth from your first surgery, before formulating a plan to address other areas of loss. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I’ve just came across this thread again, and noticed a strong sentiment towards playing it more conservative with the hairline design.

I agree in enlarge, that a precautionary strategy such as this is most likely advisable for you, given you’re not on 5AR inhibitors, and you have pretty aggressive hairloss for your age. 

However contrary to the historical belief within the industry, addressing temple points doesn’t mean you are not being conservative - it means you are taking the required steps to achieve a natural outcome, simply put, a corner filled hairline with no temple point work in your option 1 strategy, will not leave you with a natural looking result, and more like that of a hair system wearer. 

Temple point restoration is fundamental for the complete framing of the face, and utilises very fine haired single grafts that offer little coverage value for other areas of the recipient, thus making the need to reserve grafts for future loss somewhat of a redundant argument. 

Conservative restoration usually refers to the hairline placement, ie - the height from the eyebrows, which is a different conversation. 

Transplanting into diffuse areas of loss, as I previously mentioned comes down to the individual Dr’s preferred style. 

I would recommend not addressing the frontal and crown areas simultaneously - rather focus on the hairline and temple points first, and then analyse your growth from your first surgery, before formulating a plan to address other areas of loss. 

Personally just touching only on the temple points, perhaps its because i literally had none and they were snatched away by like 17/18, i didn't once feel my hair didn't look natural or it looked like a hair system as a result. 

That's why i do feel fundamentally if a doctor isn't able to make a hairline look natural with singles and doubles in the correct place and the HT creates an obvious disconnect between the native and transplanted hairs, then it may look like a "lid" or hair system. However i don't think temple points not being done necessarily mean an unnatural looking HT but for a small thing, they can enhance the result so much more so to me, obviously that mattered the most. Otherwise i would have lived with the hair i had and stayed on medication instead tbh till further down the line. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't lower your hairline and just fill the sides, especially considering your crown. Also, why haven't you tried fin? There's really no other choice unless you've tried it and had bad side effects. I found topical minoxidil to be useless and a chore although I'm considering trying oral min. Oral fin & min combo seems to be really effective for some. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 10/20/2022 at 4:07 AM, Curious25 said:

It's hard to tell from the pics I posted earlier but my temple points are actually pretty strong still. Definitely not an area of concern for me whatsoever right now image.thumb.jpeg.79fe4b3508911f6810e4f606db332148.jpeg 

On 10/21/2022 at 6:31 AM, mavigo said:

I wouldn't lower your hairline and just fill the sides, especially considering your crown. Also, why haven't you tried fin? There's really no other choice unless you've tried it and had bad side effects. I found topical minoxidil to be useless and a chore although I'm considering trying oral min. Oral fin & min combo seems to be really effective for some. 

Well I've written ad nasueum about this already, but for me it isn't the side effects of Fin that are the only things that worry me, it's the main effect of Fin aka lowering my DHT.