9 months WITHOUT Topical Dutasteride 0.1%

mustang

If anybody is wondering if TD  works I leave you with a picture of my crown after stopping Topical Dutasteride a while ago, I think it's been around 9 months.

I stopped due to personal reasons which I don't care to share on here but no libido or related side effects. 

My frontal mid scalp is all transplanted thus I was only using it on my crown and vertex.

I plan on starting a new treatment soon (CB0301 2.5%-5% from the Andorran Pharmacy) and possibly a weekly or every 15 day Dutasteride Mesotherapy 0.01% session with a Dermapen from FUE CLINIC.

I realize that lighting is quite different and the length of the hair as well but trust me, it is much thinner than before, funnily enough I don't care, I am only going to restart treatments to test new things and monitor blood panels to see what does what.

My regimen was 0.1% once a week, around 2ml with Trichosol and a Laser Cap for 30 minutes 3 times a week.

18 months on Topical Dutasteride and Laser Cap

1309633136_OnTopicalDutasteride.thumb.jpg.023fc15f540058e2699eabf95a8a9451.jpg

9 months without Topical Dutasteride and no laser cap.

591702415_NoTopicalDutasteride.thumb.JPG.4992730b921625182e5581f6c77da8e9.JPG

Edited by mustang
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

That is quite drastic. Do you think you'll ever get back on topical dutasteride or finasteride? What are your thoughts on pyrilutamide?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That is quite drastic. Do you think you'll ever get back on topical dutasteride or finasteride? What are your thoughts on pyrilutamide?

Pyrilutamide is on my list but I am trying CB0301 2.5% first for 3 months and 5% after for another 3 months to assess any changes, sides etc...

If not successful I'll definitely add some Dut Mesotherapy or Topical Dut back in the mix but no more than once a week.

Finasteride I won't try again, too many sides both orally and topically. 

I am also interested in trying Saw Palmetto Mesotherapy. I just need to do one thing at the time and start with the least invasive treatment towards the most "risky" one.

I am optimistic of finding a sweet spot  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mustang said:

يوجد Pyrilutamide في قائمتي ولكني أحاول CB0301 2.5٪ أولاً لمدة 3 أشهر و 5٪ بعد ذلك لمدة 3 أشهر أخرى لتقييم أي تغييرات أو جوانب وما إلى ذلك ...

إذا لم تنجح ، سأضيف بالتأكيد بعض Dut Mesotherapy أو Topical Dut مرة أخرى في المزيج ولكن ليس أكثر من مرة واحدة في الأسبوع.

لن أحاول مرة أخرى فيناسترايد ، العديد من الجوانب شفهيًا وموضوعيًا. 

أنا مهتم أيضًا بتجربة Saw Palmetto Mesotherapy. أريد فقط أن أفعل شيئًا واحدًا في ذلك الوقت وأن أبدأ بالعلاج الأقل توغلاً نحو العلاج الأكثر خطورة.

أنا متفائل بإيجاد بقعة حلوة  

I would like to ask you some questions about Dota Mesotherapy

‏1 - I use finasteride 1 mg daily, what do you think about adding mesotherapy once a week?

‏2 When the growth of mesotherapy occurs and gradually stops and stays on finasteride, the growth that occurred from the mesotherapy, does it fade or not (your point of view if there is no answer)

‏Is mesotherapy applied to the original and completely transplanted hair, or to the original areas only?

4 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Do u plan on getting anymore transplants? 

Well my donor is almost depleted so even if I wanted to it's almost impossible 

I plan to add 200-300 grafts to my crown and do some SMP. I think that plus a little thickening from CB0301 would be great. I am very curious to see what this new protocol can do. I can always go back on TD once I have resumed my "regular" life.

51 minutes ago, Off said:

I would like to ask you some questions about Dota Mesotherapy

‏1 - I use finasteride 1 mg daily, what do you think about adding mesotherapy once a week?

‏2 When the growth of mesotherapy occurs and gradually stops and stays on finasteride, the growth that occurred from the mesotherapy, does it fade or not (your point of view if there is no answer)

‏Is mesotherapy applied to the original and completely transplanted hair, or to the original areas only?

1.- You could but I am not sure if there will be a drastic difference, it varies from person to person, the best results I have seen are indeed combining both.

2. I don't know

Mesotherapy is applied to native hair only imho

3 hours ago, mustang said:

1.- يمكنك ولكن لست متأكدًا مما إذا كان سيكون هناك اختلاف كبير ، فهو يختلف من شخص لآخر ، وأفضل النتائج التي رأيتها هي بالفعل الجمع بين الاثنين.

2. لا أعرف

يتم تطبيق الميزوثيرابي على الشعر الأصلي فقط imho

Where can I get miso from trusted places? I know about Dr. Mwamba formula, but it is difficult to communicate with them. Are there other alternatives? Thank you

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Off said:

Where can I get miso from trusted places? I know about Dr. Mwamba formula, but it is difficult to communicate with them. Are there other alternatives? Thank you

I don’t believe Dr. Mwamba sells the topical formula. He has them compounded by a pharmacy, but sounds like they’re not very efficient in shipping or customer service. I would suggest talking to Dr. Bisanga who also has it compounded by another pharmacy. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t believe Dr. Mwamba sells the topical formula. He has them compounded by a pharmacy, but sounds like they’re not very efficient in shipping or customer service. I would suggest talking to Dr. Bisanga who also has it compounded by another pharmacy. 

Actually they are now shipping with DHL so it's very easy to get, the issue was they were using regular post before and it took 3-4 weeks to arrive, I ordered some CB0301 and took 4 days

You are correct, he doesn't sell them, the pharmacy in Andorra compounds it to his specs

On ٨‏/٩‏/٢٠٢٢ at 18:30, Melvin- Moderator said:

لا أعتقد أن الدكتور موامبا يبيع الصيغة الموضعية. قام بتجميعها بواسطة صيدلية ، لكن يبدو أنها ليست فعالة جدًا في الشحن أو خدمة العملاء. أود أن أقترح التحدث إلى الدكتور بيسانغا الذي قام بصنعه من قبل صيدلية أخرى. 

They have been contacted. They do not sell miso for personal use only. There are sessions in the clinic under the supervision of the doctor