What would you do if you were me? Thinking of booking hair transplant for next year. Diffuse Thinner. Cannot take Fin or Min.

4 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Let me tell you something though @Hairtroubles

Many here on this forum and not on this forum had decent / good / incredible results while being botched in their first, even seconds procedures (for some it's even more).

You are lucky that you never underwent any procedure so far, and you are here so we can help you. If you want a hair transplant, then go for it, just consult reputed surgeons, and I gave you a list in private. Their feedback will be of great help.

The point of norwoods 6 and 7 is just to have a decent beard to add to the top, because of the fact that you won't have enough grafts from the safe zone. So, just talk about it to the surgeons and come back here with several feedbacks.

No, thats kind of dangerous advice. 

First off you should definitely take a step back and evaluate how exactly a hair transplant would look. Look at the peoples medication and history of medication. Every single case is never the same.

If you plan as a nw7 you should expect nw7 coverage with your level of density, future hair loss, and chances of having an "illusion" of density. Dont rush this, take your time!

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

19 hours ago, Vann said:

First off you should definitely take a step back and evaluate how exactly a hair transplant would look. Look at the peoples medication and history of medication. Every single case is never the same.

If you plan as a nw7 you should expect nw7 coverage with your level of density, future hair loss, and chances of having an "illusion" of density. Dont rush this, take your time!

19 hours ago, Vann said:

What do you mean "dangerous"? 

Just look at this guy, not using any medication, AND BEING BOTCHED 3 TIMES. Yes, 3 times poor results.

If you plan it properly and the first session is a success, how would you not get better result. There are also many results of people norwood 5, 6, 7 who got decent results with just scalp hair and no medications.

One more case, botched 2 times before. I want to add that I'm not working for any clinic and not promoting anything, I'm on this forum to help people who wants to restore their hair. I assume people wants their hair back because it gives them more happiness. If you don't feel good taking the medication, even if you regrow your hair, what's the point? If you're fine with it, then of course use it.

But if you have a decent beard and body hair, I will NEVER ever say, I think you should just shave, just go for smp, hair system etc if you're not on medication. 

Now, I totally understand that point for a norwood 7 with NO beard and body hair. You can only do so much in that case with scalp hair.

Edited by Rasputin
  • Like 1

Smaller sessions are key for diffuse thinners. Don’t blow your donor in one go. 

If you plan correctly, decent coverage is possible. If you’re the type who wants to save $$$ by going to a low cost foreign country, don’t bother. You absolutely need a top doctor with proven results. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Smaller sessions are key for diffuse thinners. Don’t blow your donor in one go. 

If you plan correctly, decent coverage is possible. If you’re the type who wants to save $$$ by going to a low cost foreign country, don’t bother. You absolutely need a top doctor with proven results. 

Would Dr. Bicer be a good option with this, have been speaking to her and think her work is good.  I was thinking 2 sessions? Front part and Crown, then filling in?

3 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

Would Dr. Bicer be a good option with this, have been speaking to her and think her work is good.  I was thinking 2 sessions? Front part and Crown, then filling in?

filling in what? usually front and midscalp are done first, then crown later.

1 hour ago, Hairtroubles said:

She’s your best best in Turkey by far. Personally though, I’ve only been impressed by one result on a hair Norwood here and I personally wouldn’t go if im a higher Norwood. that said, there are better doctors for higher Norwood but 90% are also not as talented as her her. 

4 minutes ago, Z-- said:

She’s your best best in Turkey by far. Personally though, I’ve only been impressed by one result on a hair Norwood here and I personally wouldn’t go if im a higher Norwood. that said, there are better doctors for higher Norwood but 90% are also not as talented as her her. 

So if you were me, is there hope going now, or are you saying wait, I really am not sure what to do, the opinions seem so divided her.  Can you link the result you were impressed by?

3 hours ago, Rasputin said:

What do you mean "dangerous"? 

Just look at this guy, not using any medication, AND BEING BOTCHED 3 TIMES. Yes, 3 times poor results.

If you plan it properly and the first session is a success, how would you not get better result. There are also many results of people norwood 5, 6, 7 who got decent results with just scalp hair and no medications.

Wait so are you saying if he used medication it would have been better for this guy in this specific case?

2 hours ago, Rasputin said:

One more case, botched 2 times before. I want to add that I'm not working for any clinic and not promoting anything, I'm on this forum to help people who wants to restore their hair. I assume people wants their hair back because it gives them more happiness. If you don't feel good taking the medication, even if you regrow your hair, what's the point? If you're fine with it, then of course use it.

But if you have a decent beard and body hair, I will NEVER ever say, I think you should just shave, just go for smp, hair system etc if you're not on medication. 

Now, I totally understand that point for a norwood 7 with NO beard and body hair. You can only do so much in that case with scalp hair.

I really appreciate you saying all this, but im confused now, you seem to be saying if on medication its better?  I would rather not be on any medication at all.

Just now, Z-- said:

What’s your age? 

2 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

So if you were me, is there hope going now, or are you saying wait, I really am not sure what to do, the opinions seem so divided her.  Can you link the result you were impressed by?

Up to you mate. Depends on your budget and goals. If your hair bothers you a lot and you have the means, I’d consider others before her. That said, she’s never a bad choice and I haven’t seen a botch job yet. 

1 minute ago, Hairtroubles said:

I really appreciate you saying all this, but im confused now, you seem to be saying if on medication its better?  I would rather not be on any medication at all.

Honestly, I know others will disagree but you can prob go for it, assuming you are cognizant of the fact that you’ll prob need future surgery down the line for when the native hair thins out too. Dont expect a one and done. Diffuse thinning sucks but it is what it is — multiple surgeries and planning is crucial. 

Edited by Z--

On 9/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, helpthisguypls said:

steps I would take in your position

1. Shave and see how you like it

2. Augment with SMP if you dont

3. Wait for new meds (Pyri) or use safer current meds (Dutasteride Meso or Xyon Finasteride) if you still want hair

4. Wait a couple years to see what your final pattern is/stabilisation & if your donor seems alright go to Eugenix

5. Hair system? Accept your fate

Is getting SMP before a hair transplant bad?  

On 9/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Rasputin said:

Then go ahead and use Regenix to regrow your hair like Matthew McConaghey, it works or it will give you placebo effect anyway considering it worked for him.

Wait wait, what is Regenix, ive never heard of it before?

On 9/7/2022 at 11:55 AM, NickJ said:

I never looked deep into it but did you consider SMP?

If you're under 35 with that hair and no medication it's probably a better route than the HT route

Why, being 30 surely is better than people getting a HT at 20 not on fin (that happens a lot)

On 9/7/2022 at 4:57 AM, Gatsby said:

I say this in the spirit of support. But I don't think you are a candidate for a hair transplant. Unrealistic expectations (what are your expectations?) and high anxiety do not bode well with surgery. Also you need to be aware that there is no 'safe' zone as was once thought years ago and the donor hair is subject to miniaturization. Just by reading your thread you sound like you would be too anxious to wear a hair piece (which is a legitimate option). Shaving your head and SMP is a good option. Is this something you could feel relaxed about? All the best!

Thanks... yeah, hair loss is causing me anxiety because I dont look anything like I use to... if i had my ffull head of hair, I would be a lot happier, and taking meds scares me thats the truth.

For the quote below this, i feel depressed because of all the comments here, telling me that its not possible for me to fix my hair.  I keep receiving different opinions.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:40 AM, LookMaxx said:

Try lower dose of fin. But if you can’t, it’s not the end of life. Nobody takes fin for life anyway neither should they. 

I don’t understand what’s the issue. Go for a HT, if you’ve beard hair you can use those.

You seem to be developing into NW5 but it could just stay in this nw3-4 pattern. What’s your age. 

You are depressed for nothing man, there’s balder nw7 people here who got a new lease on life. If you get an HT now you will enjoy few years then get another when hairloss progresses 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, TommyLucchese said:

Try topical fin once every few days

Also too scared to kind of try this.

7 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Honestly, I know others will disagree but you can prob go for it, assuming you are cognizant of the fact that you’ll prob need future surgery down the line for when the native hair thins out too. Dont expect a one and done. Diffuse thinning sucks but it is what it is — multiple surgeries and planning is crucial. 

How do I prepare for diffuse thinning, I dont understand, isnt everyone a diffuse thinner, they go through the process of this, it just doesn't fall out quickly for others. Hair in the middle falls out in blotches.

Also, what about shock loss, and permanent shock loss, and native hair?

What would a plan for me look like?

22 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

How do I prepare for diffuse thinning, I dont understand, isnt everyone a diffuse thinner, they go through the process of this, it just doesn't fall out quickly for others. Hair in the middle falls out in blotches.

Also, what about shock loss, and permanent shock loss, and native hair?

What would a plan for me look like?

No not everyone is a diffuse thinner. Attached is a pic of me taken a few months ago - you can see my loss is quite segregated to a specific area. In fairness I am starting to slowly lose in the region between the crown and hairline too in the last year or so which serves your point, but diffuse really means people who start going bald in a variety of different spots at the same time and rate. Also can refer to people who have DUPA aka diffused unpatterned hair loss. Most people lose hair in a pattern such as I have. 

Luckily for me I seem to respond great to topical Minoxidil. Too late for my crown but my hairline is basically regrowing and the region between hairline and crown is filling in even more than before. 

IMG_9159.jpg

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

No not everyone is a diffuse thinner. Attached is a pic of me taken a few months ago - you can see my loss is quite segregated to a specific area. In fairness I am starting to slowly lose in the region between the crown and hairline too in the last year or so which serves your point, but diffuse really means people who start going bald in a variety of different spots at the same time and rate. Also can refer to people who have DUPA aka diffused unpatterned hair loss. Most people lose hair in a pattern such as I have. 

Luckily for me I seem to respond great to topical Minoxidil. Too late for my crown but my hairline is basically regrowing and the region between hairline and crown is filling in even more than before. 

IMG_9159.jpg

Makes sense, what will you do, transplant for that region?  What's your thoughts on a diffuse thinner and their options?

5 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

Makes sense, what will you do, transplant for that region?  What's your thoughts on a diffuse thinner and their options?

Yes I have my first HT in almost exactly 2 months. 

The consensus opinion is that dffuse thinners are far harder to get a good result with. This is because you risk much more shock loss to the native hairs. As you can see, I don't have to worry about shock loss much at all as there isn't anything left to be lost on my crown. Whereas in your case you may end up trading transplanted hairs for native hairs. It's also just a lot harder for a surgeon to work in a diffuse area as opposed to my "open field" that he just needs to plant into. 

Edit: Oh and also (Someone can correct if I'm wrong) but I believe folks who have DUPA are also more likely to have loss in or adjacent to their donor region. The donor is usually considered safer in cases like mine where the loss is more patterned and segregated to one region. So it sucks, but I think yours is a bit of a tough case. That isn't to say you can't get a improvment from HT as long as your expectations are reasonable and you understand you will need multiple HT's. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Yes I have my first HT in almost exactly 2 months. 

The consensus opinion is that dffuse thinners are far harder to get a good result with. This is because you risk much more shock loss to the native hairs. As you can see, I don't have to worry about shock loss much at all as there isn't anything left to be lost on my crown. Whereas in your case you may end up trading transplanted hairs for native hairs. It's also just a lot harder for a surgeon to work in a diffuse area as opposed to my "open field" that he just needs to plant into. 

I hate this, I absolutely F***king hate this, so much. So what does a diffuse thinner do, what are their options?

• Moderators

If it's really bothering you then go for it. Just be smart about it. Don't go to a hair mill or anyone who tries to give you a low hairline. Opt for a high hairline and do the front half first. Dr Bicer is fine for this as she is cheap, but very good and also usually plans on the front first and then the crown later in cases like yours.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

19 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

I hate this, I absolutely F***king hate this, so much. So what does a diffuse thinner do, what are their options?

First, you need to calm down, because reacting with too much emotion may leads to precipitate your choice upon fastest availabilities of surgeon, and you don't wanna do that. I, we, all know that hair loss is really taking it's toll on feelings and mood. But understand that you have options. You may need to make some compromise. For exemple, worst case scenario, an excellent BHT surgeon could use all of your body hair to transplant on a SMP so you won't only have a 2D illusion of hair but also the possibility to have a really short haircut. Yeah, that s*cks, but that would be better than nothing.

You need to show us pictures of your donor with long hair and short hair if possible, and your beard, and maybe chest.

You got different opinions, maybe after your pictures you will get more people agreeing, maybe not, but at the end of the day, you should take our opinions in consideration but value obviously more the ones of surgeon. I told you, consult different surgeon, and TRY TO TAKE YOUR TIME.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5447335/ : really interesting article

Edited by Rasputin

18 hours ago, BeHappy said:

If it's really bothering you then go for it. Just be smart about it. Don't go to a hair mill or anyone who tries to give you a low hairline. Opt for a high hairline and do the front half first. Dr Bicer is fine for this as she is cheap, but very good and also usually plans on the front first and then the crown later in cases like yours.

Do you know much about Bicer at all?  So many people telling me not to do it on here, kind of gives me a nervous feeling, not sure why it is like this?  Surely so many people DO NOT take fin and get a HT who are uneducated?