Best doc/clinic in Turkey under 4K CAD (3K euro)?

Hello all,

I am currently a norwood 3 vertex. I'm 30 and take minox and finasteride. I've read across the forums that Bicer and Pekiner are pretty great. But they are now out of my price range as they each cost between 2.5 to 3 euro per graft. I need between 3500 to 4500 grafts, based on what Bicer told me.

But, alas, it is likely that I have to go to the proverbial 'hair-mill' facilities, so if anyone here has real experience they'd like to share or have intel about which clinic is decent, or has the least amount of botch jobs - I'd love to hear from you. 

• Valued Contributor

I have real experience and if you are basing surgery that will remain with you for the rest of your life based on those parameters then you will regret ever having surgery. Basing surgery that you have to look at everyday in the mirror for the rest of your life on geography and budget almost always ends in disaster.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I have real experience and if you are basing surgery that will remain with you for the rest of your life based on those parameters then you will regret ever having surgery. Basing surgery that you have to look at everyday in the mirror for the rest of your life on geography and budget almost always ends in disaster.

There seems to be a never-ending string of people that make posts which you respond to (rightly so) in this exact way.  Folks, in time and in money you will end up costing yourself significantly more getting botched than you will getting the job done right the first time.  Think about this, if you get botched, you still spend thousands, still have to spend many months recovering, and, to make matters worse, end up with a lousy result.  You then have to get a repair, which is less likely to be successful and which will take additional months to schedule and recover from.  Save yourself the 2 year catastrophe (if you're lucky - it could be more more, as @Gatsby knows) that results from a botched job and give yourself the best chance to get the job done right the first time.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Asking questions like this is a sure way to get botched. Save up money, or don't get surgery, simple.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

less than 1 euro per graft is usually hair mill rate. if you're sticking with the cheapest rate only, expect a high risk. just think of it like black market plastic surgery, just somewhat safer. *don't become the new bathroom hair transplant legend

• Like 2

I would check the forum's recommendations. Dr. Yaman is very close to your price range and delivers consistently excellent results. There's also Guran and Tur. With a bit of luck and careful planning, you can get quality at your price-range. I recommend checking real patient reviews from Yaman, Guran and Tur in order to see what is achievable. 

8 hours ago, Hysteria said:

But, alas, it is likely that I have to go to the proverbial 'hair-mill' facilities, so if anyone here has real experience they'd like to share or have intel about which clinic is decent, or has the least amount of botch jobs - I'd love to hear from you. 

do you really want to know the names of the best hair mills in Turkey?  Ok, write them : Cinik e Serkan 

Dr Yaman is within your budget and he is forum reccomended and he produces nice results. Otherwise you could check FUECapilar (Dr Turan and Dr Gur). Or Dr Demirsoy also could be a good choice at a bit higher cost of 1.5 euro per graft and he is doing the procedure by himself.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

Got it. Current choices are now Bicer, Turan, Gur, Yaman.  It is interesting that going to places like vera, clinicia, etc are all hair mills with mixed bag results. You see some nice one year results sometimes on this forum or reddit. But 95% of you are all saying that it is basically a gamble?  I don't want to gamble. I was under the impression that the botches were more rare. But you all know better.

I haven't seen a single botch from Bicer yet, perhaps this is the way.

1 minute ago, Hysteria said:

Got it. Current choices are now Bicer, Turan, Gur, Yaman.  It is interesting that going to places like vera, clinicia, etc are all hair mills with mixed bag results. You see some nice one year results sometimes on this forum or reddit. But 95% of you are all saying that it is basically a gamble?  I don't want to gamble. I was under the impression that the botches were more rare. But you all know better.

I haven't seen a single botch from Bicer yet, perhaps this is the way.

What we've read from people who have gone to such places is that more work is done by technicians over there than by the doctors, and since their techs change out frequently, you will not know who will be doing your surgery at a hair mill.  That's one of the reasons why it is hit or miss, different people doing the bulk of the work.  Doctors who you see well rated here are always involved throughout the surgery and there is that consistency over time.

Another problem in Turkey are clinics that do other cosmetic surgery than hair transplantation, and with their techs working on those other types of procedures as well.  The regulations are different in that country to allow this to happen.

There are decent doctors out there, but you'd be advised to look up their results by patients to get their track record, and to consult to find out if they can do your hair type and amount of hair loss.  If what the doc is offering seems to good to be true, then the risk is high.

• Like 1

I have a bitter sweet opinion on those who bash Turkey for low prices.
It's clear that people on this forum are giving honest advice and wanting the best for those who are in need.  It's really nice to see.

But at the same time, there is a harsh critique on traveling to Turkey as a whole when Turkey does have a few solid doctors at reasonable prices (an example is Dr. Yaman).  Instead of saying the guy is doomed, maybe we should point to the solid doctors within Turkey and give advice as how to avoid a botched transplant.

The common argument that technicians are the root of all evil doesn't sit well with me either.  The same people who would argue this are also the same who would vouch for places like Eugenix in India which also has technicians on staff.

Personally I went to Istanbul after a ton of research.  Quite happy with my result.
Be smart, do your research, you'll find horrible clinics all over the world.  Find the one that's right for you and fits your needs.

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SeanToman said:

I have a bitter sweet opinion on those who bash Turkey for low prices.
It's clear that people on this forum are giving honest advice and wanting the best for those who are in need.  It's really nice to see.

But at the same time, there is a harsh critique on traveling to Turkey as a whole when Turkey does have a few solid doctors at reasonable prices (an example is Dr. Yaman).  Instead of saying the guy is doomed, maybe we should point to the solid doctors within Turkey and give advice as how to avoid a botched transplant.

The common argument that technicians are the root of all evil doesn't sit well with me either.  The same people who would argue this are also the same who would vouch for places like Eugenix in India which also has technicians on staff.

Personally I went to Istanbul after a ton of research.  Quite happy with my result.
Be smart, do your research, you'll find horrible clinics all over the world.  Find the one that's right for you and fits your needs.

I have come to the conclusion it’s all about results. Hairmill use techs, top rated docs use techs. 

just choose a clinic that has consistently good results, it’s irrelevant if techs are used or not. 

look at this picture

A92E3AE7-62CC-4F2E-B8D2-9DDD34F334B4.thumb.jpeg.f9f5aaf1eead390581d993af2f6803f9.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the responses.

Keep hearing great things about Pekiner, HLC, Bicer, FUEcapilar and so on.

Based on the senior members' responses above, shockingly.. I've elected against rolling the dice on the reddit hair-mills.

Will have a bit more digging to do yet.