6 weeks into FUE

6 weeks over since my surgery at Fi Clinics in Istanbul....not quite sure of what is going on....does its look normal? Shedding has happened on the left side a bit more than the right side...my surgeon says it looks ok but appreciate if anyone in the same boat could share experiences too...

Using special shampoo, serum and oral supplements as well from HairMD

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

• Administrators

Looks totally normal for 6 weeks.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

@steakandshisha,

Everything appears to be completely spot on for only six weeks postop.  If you aren’t already aware, the shedding of the transplanted hair is completely normal and typically occurs between 4 to 6 weeks after the procedure.  The follicles are perfectly safe and active underneath the surface of the scalp. They just are dormant and will be for a couple of months. Typically new hair growth begins to break through the surface of the scalp 3 to 5 months after surgery.  Seeing signs of growth at three months is more on the early side as five months is more on the later side. But patients typically seem to fall into this range.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Looks like you healed quite nicely.  How many total grafts?

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.