Top 3 Surgeons in Turkey

LionTamer

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to get a transplant in Turkey. My friends are set on going with Sirkan Aygin, but I've become concerned based on some of the reviews I've read of him here and elsewhere. I wanted to ask those more seasoned members of the forum for the top 3 recommendations for surgeons in Turkey. What I'm looking for, in particular, is who the top 3 surgeons are by general consensus (i.e. not based on personal experience). In other words, I'm not asking who you think are the best surgeons based on a great transplant that you had. I'm asking which surgeons, based on your time spent reading the forums, everyone seems to agree on are the best surgeons. Who are the "go-to" names you always read? Who are the ones with the best reputation overall? Who has the least amount of negative reviews?

My criteria for "best" is: who has the most consistently good results, creates a natural-looking hairline, least likely to result in a botched transplant, ideally does the surgery themselves (but I can be convinced if you think this is not necessarily an important criteria), and has a reputation for being honest and patient-first rather than in it solely for the money.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate everyone's help :)

Thank you all for your responses.

@Needadviceplease, most of what I've seen written on the forum are individual experiences, not necessarily general consensus. What I'm asking is: who comes to mind first when you think "best hair surgeon in Turkey"? For example, if I asked, "who is the greatest basketball player of all time", most would respond Michael Jordan simply by reflex, even if they don't know the first thing about basketball. It's about who is the "household name". Does that make sense?

@StillAlive, I did take a look at the forum recommendations page, but how do I know that it's not simply a paid advertisement? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested in learning whether there are any conflicts of interests I should be aware of.

@Gatsby and @RTC, we've chosen Turkey as I understand it to be one of the capitals of the world when it comes to hair transplant medical tourism and at a fraction of the cost of US options. I know several people who have gone with great results. Additionally, my friends are set on going with Aygin, and I'd like to do it with them, so doing it in Turkey seems like the best option. If there is a "household name" outside of Turkey with a similar price point, I'm certainly open to listening.

Thank you again!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LionTamer said:

@Needadviceplease, most of what I've seen written on the forum are individual experiences, not necessarily general consensus. What I'm asking is: who comes to mind first when you think "best hair surgeon in Turkey"? For example, if I asked, "who is the greatest basketball player of all time", most would respond Michael Jordan simply by reflex, even if they don't know the first thing about basketball. It's about who is the "household name". Does that make sense?

Your analogy is not very valid i'm afraid. Relying on mass opinion is extremely dangerous when most people are sheep, and to be honest, lazy, simply repeating garbage they hear on the news.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTC said:

Your analogy is not very valid i'm afraid. Relying on mass opinion is extremely dangerous when most people are sheep, and to be honest, lazy, simply repeating garbage they hear on the news.

So who would you recommend, then?

41 minutes ago, LionTamer said:

@StillAlive, I did take a look at the forum recommendations page, but how do I know that it's not simply a paid advertisement? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested in learning whether there are any conflicts of interests I should be aware of.

@Gatsby and @RTC, we've chosen Turkey as I understand it to be one of the capitals of the world when it comes to hair transplant medical tourism and at a fraction of the cost of US options. I know several people who have gone with great results. Additionally, my friends are set on going with Aygin, and I'd like to do it with them, so doing it in Turkey seems like the best option. If there is a "household name" outside of Turkey with a similar price point, I'm certainly open to listening.

Thank you again!

This sounds like you shouldn’t get a hair transplant if your easily persuaded because your friends are doing it. 

i think you should step back and look up the procedure, the process, and then from there reevaluate what it is you want. 

whether that’s doctors doing your surgery, the angles/grafts places in the hairline and back, and the type of procedure you want whether it’s crown/hairline/temples/etc. 

i think you should fully grasp your wants/needs for future use and whether or not you have exhausted your medical options first. Perhaps submit a photo of your current self and get opinions from other users that went “GLOBALLY.” Perhaps cyberstalking some of the users who have gone to other clinics ex: rtc is a good case to follow, I always recommend gatsby since his is a good one to learn from, heck even Melvin the moderator who has had 4 transplants at different places.

don’t rush into anything permanent and take a step back. Just because your friends are going at this moment doesn’t mean what they’re doing is permanent. If they get a great result awesome you can always explore that route. However, if you all go and have similar bad experiences it’s permanent. 

remember once you go the surgical route successful or not what is done cannot be undone. Even in repair cases there are some cases too difficult that you’re only left with a handful or surgeons (so why not explore those as well and have it done right the first time?). 

• Like 3

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

6 minutes ago, Vann said:

This sounds like you shouldn’t get a hair transplant if your easily persuaded because your friends are doing it. 

i think you should step back and look up the procedure, the process, and then from there reevaluate what it is you want. 

whether that’s doctors doing your surgery, the angles/grafts places in the hairline and back, and the type of procedure you want whether it’s crown/hairline/temples/etc. 

i think you should fully grasp your wants/needs for future use and whether or not you have exhausted your medical options first. Perhaps submit a photo of your current self and get opinions from other users that went “GLOBALLY.” Perhaps cyberstalking some of the users who have gone to other clinics ex: rtc is a good case to follow, I always recommend gatsby since his is a good one to learn from, heck even Melvin the moderator who has had 4 transplants at different places.

don’t rush into anything permanent and take a step back. Just because your friends are going at this moment doesn’t mean what they’re doing is permanent. If they get a great result awesome you can always explore that route. However, if you all go and have similar bad experiences it’s permanent. 

remember once you go the surgical route successful or not what is done cannot be undone. Even in repair cases there are some cases too difficult that you’re only left with a handful or surgeons (so why not explore those as well and have it done right the first time?). 

I appreciate the detailed feedback, I really do.

Can you give some recommendations on specific surgeons? You seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience on the topic, so your advice would be very valuable.

• Like 1

my best advice would be to evaluate what you want then proceed from there. 

if I tell you what to look for it defeats the purpose of you understanding your needs. But to point you in a better direction there is an older spreadsheet that Portugal posted with some good names with surgeons globally. From NA, EU, IN, etc. 

some elite clinics/surgeons (imo) are Konior($$$$), H&W($$$$), Bisanga, fretas, pinto, eugenix.

between those mentioned the prices change and is case by case(sometimes).

konior and H&W do FUT for certain cases. (I know that H&W said they don’t do fut anymore but I’ve seen a few cases where they did).

also if money was not a thing and was purely based off skill set I would only look at konior and no one else. The man is literally a cheat code. I would actually have done FUT to preserve future grafts since the linear scars I see from his clinic looking extremely thin that it’s very hard to notice.

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators

Bicer, Turan, Gur, and Yaman in my opinion. But, don't ever choose because of price. You should choose based on results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, LionTamer said:

we've chosen Turkey as I understand it to be one of the capitals of the world when it comes to hair transplant medical tourism and at a fraction of the cost of US options.

With the greatest of respect, you have been mislead by the strong, heavy fisted marketing that has lead to so many young men being literally butchered. There are a couple of good surgeons with Dr Bicer being the best IMHO. But that's not because she lives in Istanbul. It's because of her 24 years of experience and education and excellent results that we have witnessed here on the forum. The only way to limit your chances of poor results is to look at the forum's list of recommended surgeon's and find one that turns out great results on a regular basis on patients who have the same hair loss pattern as yourself. The majority of young men put more research into a two week holiday than they do in surgery that will affect them for life. Wishing you all the best sincerely. But looking at surgery based on geography and budget is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

With the greatest of respect, you have been mislead by the strong, heavy fisted marketing that has lead to so many young men being literally butchered. There are a couple of good surgeons with Dr Bicer being the best IMHO. But that's not because she lives in Istanbul. It's because of her 24 years of experience and education and excellent results that we have witnessed here on the forum. The only way to limit your chances of poor results is to look at the forum's list of recommended surgeon's and find one that turns out great results on a regular basis on patients who have the same hair loss pattern as yourself. The majority of young men put more research into a two week holiday than they do in surgery that will affect them for life. Wishing you all the best sincerely. But looking at surgery based on geography and budget is a recipe for disaster.

Well said 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:30 PM, LionTamer said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to get a transplant in Turkey. My friends are set on going with Sirkan Aygin, but I've become concerned based on some of the reviews I've read of him here and elsewhere. I wanted to ask those more seasoned members of the forum for the top 3 recommendations for surgeons in Turkey. What I'm looking for, in particular, is who the top 3 surgeons are by general consensus (i.e. not based on personal experience). In other words, I'm not asking who you think are the best surgeons based on a great transplant that you had. I'm asking which surgeons, based on your time spent reading the forums, everyone seems to agree on are the best surgeons. Who are the "go-to" names you always read? Who are the ones with the best reputation overall? Who has the least amount of negative reviews?

My criteria for "best" is: who has the most consistently good results, creates a natural-looking hairline, least likely to result in a botched transplant, ideally does the surgery themselves (but I can be convinced if you think this is not necessarily an important criteria), and has a reputation for being honest and patient-first rather than in it solely for the money.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate everyone's help :)

I know Turkey is notorious for hair mills and sub-par transplants, if not full on botched jobs, but there are a few limited handful of good choices there. I went with Dr. Bicer. My procedure was about 1.5 weeks ago. Check out my profile for my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLE123 said:

Pekiner bangs out incredible results but has a bad rep on here for some pretty frivolous reasons. 

Unfortunately Pekiner has a bad reputation here because of his consultant, who has absolutely nothing ethics, he is a moderator on an Italian forum, he knows perfectly well what the administrator does on that kind of forum, but does nothing to avoid it, they ban the unhappy patients of the clinics / surgeons they promote, just the other day there was a patient unhappy with Hasson, his thread was closed on the grounds that he expects a response from the clinic, in the meantime the thread will go into oblivion , and I'm sure the member won't be able to log in anymore because he's been banned in the meantime.  Pekiner's consultant is one of them.

4 hours ago, ITA said:

Unfortunately Pekiner has a bad reputation here because of his consultant, who has absolutely nothing ethics, he is a moderator on an Italian forum, he knows perfectly well what the administrator does on that kind of forum, but does nothing to avoid it, they ban the unhappy patients of the clinics / surgeons they promote, just the other day there was a patient unhappy with Hasson, his thread was closed on the grounds that he expects a response from the clinic, in the meantime the thread will go into oblivion , and I'm sure the member won't be able to log in anymore because he's been banned in the meantime.  Pekiner's consultant is one of them.

Can you PM me the forum or the post that was removed involving Hasson's case? Interested in this.

Edited by mister_25
forgot to include quote

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

6 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Can you PM me the forum or the post that was removed involving Hasson's case? Interested in this.

Read well, it has not been removed, it has been blocked, this means that no one can comment anymore and that thread is about to be forgotten as it will not remain among the first discussions of the forum.

• 3 weeks later...