A New Surgical Instrument for FUE Procedures

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too thin,

That is an excellent question and the answer is an unqualified YES.

One of the biggest problems with removing old grafts is that the scar tissue the body produces around it to hold it in tends to make it BRITTLE. Therefore, unless a fairly large size punch is used, the graft will fracture during removal leaving some of the root.

A punch like the one pictured above will allow for easier removal of the graft because it doesn't create as much friction when turned and therefore less chance of graft fracture.

Remember, HT is about maximimizing the ODDS of success. It will NOT get the graft out intact each and every time, no instrument can guarantee that, but this unique tool maximizes the chances of getting the old minigraft out INTACT compared to standard punches.

Not that the silence hasn't already been deafening on many fronts...but it's extra-comical (and telling) to see Dr. Feller's FUE breakthrough presented in unparalleled transparency, logic, and benefit to the patient while the Circus Troupe (you know who they are...) cloaks their power-tools *and* methodology in outrageous secrecy.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thana,

You will also note that this thread now has over 1,500 viewings, no doubt some are from the clinics that shroud their technques in secrecy for reasons known only to themselves.

It's time to bring this procedure fully and completely out into the light and I've been in touch with several transparent FUE surgeons who feel the same way. By being honest and upfront about the advantages and disadvantages of FUE we can gain more credibility and thus grow the industry for the benefit of all.

It is my hope that even the "secret" FUE clinics will investigate this device and perhaps incorporate it into their own practices. If they decide to adopt this device I promise I won't tell anyone icon_wink.gif

I totally respect that you are one doctor who is not afraid to put their thoughts, ideas and advancements in front of the public eyes.

Your efforts are appreciated.

So if you are ever in need of a fresh scalp to use as a guinea pig for a new product or technique feel free to PM me.

Sadly enough I can't afford a proper transplant at this time but I do wish to donate my head to science and the benefit of others.

Thanks for the kudos, Bye. I believe in my ideas and have no problem sharing with the public what I plan to do and why. Hey, it's all going to come out sooner or later anyway. Besides, what's the point of a new idea or innovation if you can't share it with others who might benefit from it?

Very kind of you to offer your scalp to science while you're still using it. You should email some photos of yourself to info@fellermedical.com so I can see what I have to work with.

-Dr. F

• 2 weeks later...

is this instrument disposable ?

As I see the previous one was fully metal and might have been for autoclaveable only.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

the reason I am asking is that these instruments with holes in it are better disposable due to the risk of communicable diseases.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

The punch tip for the motorized tool is, of course, disposable. You just twist the collet at the base of the punch and it slides right out.

The rest of the instrument comes apart for sterilization in the autoclave (but I highly recommend removing the battery first!)

The manual Feller Punches are disposable. A punch should NEVER be used on two different people even if it was autoclaved in my opinion.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to understand the tips have to be disposable but thanks for clearing that up for the Dr

The tool isnt cheap.

Can you say what the cost is online. Your site isnt up yet

I cant wait to see if other clinics decide to use this and what their results will be.

What I meant was is there an area in handle that takes the punch in with a hole that can potentially have some tissue in it, like a syringe, where the needle is detatchable. but we still throw away the whole syringe, not only the needle unless its like the dentle syring where the catrige and the needle is disposed and not the holder which has no connection to the body.

in case if there is a hole in the instrument then it has to be specially treated with some chemical sterilization process like we do with the endo scopes and laproscopes along with autoclave.

The reason is there are disposable rotating punches in market for FUE. I am not a big fan of FUE, I do it every now and then say about 6 to 8 a month but then who knows if the instrument is as good as it is discribed i might change my thoughts about FUE also.

just a concern, PGP there are always some simple minded people on earth who needs more answers than others, I am a person who is a slow adaptor to new tech unless i see no harm to the patient. Bt will like to try new things for sure to improve my out put.

---

Dr Feller I was thinking that I would meet you at the Orlando Live surgery workshop this past week but I missed you I guess, I had a talk on Friday. May be next time.......

---

Dr. Mohmand,

Very good and important question that you ask.

It's very easy to break down my instrument and place in the autoclave. The only part with a hole is the disposable punch itself. The part that the punch slides into comes apart for easy cleaning and autoclaving.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the current motorized FUE tools and I think it is digusting that they are not autoclavable. Even though they are called "dosposable", do your really believe they are being thrown away after each procedure? I would never use them anyway because I believe it has already been made abundantly clear that standard motorized FUE tools don't work consistently due to the damage they cause to the grafts.

I tried to go to Orlando to demo the new instrument but my production model wasn't available in time to submit the paperwork required by the Orlando organizers. I will be in Amsterdam with a booth, however, and I will speak with the organizers to see if I can do a demo FUE surgery as well. If not, I'll have a good quality video produced in my clinic then post it online.

Perhaps you will use my new instrument and make FUE a regular part of your practice. It is NOT a magic wand however. It takes a bit of time and patience to get used to it, but once you do I think you'll find that FUE is not as hard as it once was.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr feller, How many patients have you used this new instrument on? and where can we see before and after pictures of the patients' that had the new instrument used on them? thanks

Dr. Feller can answer definitively, of course; but I'm pretty sure that somewhere in this thread he said he has used the instrument (successfully) for a good while now. I know there is one *really* amazing looking case in the top of the result section on this forum that he said had been done using this methodology. I'm also curious, though, if *all* "recent" FUE cases have been used w/ this tool.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

4.jpg

All grafts are placed under the microscope to trim away excess tissue to allow for highest growth yield and tightest pack.

The instrument is actually not new. I've used versions of it for years. Just about every FUE case I've ever published used the same exact Feller Punch tip; and most of the FUE procedures that called for more than 200 hundred grafts I used a powered oscillating tool of my own design and construction.

Do you feel that even within the confines of using this tool, there is room for improvement? i.e., can your mastery of the tool and FUE increase and further maximize what the instrument can offer?

-----------

The instrument itself will only take the doctor so far. After that it's up to him to practice and master the FUE craft in a way that is most conducive to himself and his practice.

I'd say the yield from this instrument for FUE is the highest possible.

Dr. Feller,

I don't usually hang out on the boards (seems like there isn't enough time in a day) but luckily I noticed this thread. I had a look at your video and found it both intriguing and compelling. As a result, I am very interested in your device. I plan on being in Amsterdam for the conference so I hope to see your device there. My congratulations on spending the time and effort to take the FUE punch to the next level.

Dr. N