James Van Der Beek

ML488

It's interesting (and inspiring) just how many celebrities have had hair transplants, even minor ones like this that aren't obvious to most.

First pic is 2015, second 2017. So he had it at some point in between.

image.png.cb025feb7f9797587de53c8ab5398866.pngimage.png.41d7e86beb9769507f7ad4c525e85242.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good catch, he’s one of those guys who’ve always had big foreheads. He did the smart thing by not lowering it. Just closing in the sides.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:51 PM, Mike10 said:

to be honest I am not too sure why he did this. guy is in his mid 40s and has a family with 6 kids

Well for what it's worth he got it at some point around circa 2016 when he was still in his 30's and on top of that he's an actor. When you're an actor your image is your brand. Anything you can do to enhance your look will benefit you even if slightly.

• Moderators
On 8/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, ML488 said:

It's interesting (and inspiring) just how many celebrities have had hair transplants, even minor ones like this that aren't obvious to most.

First pic is 2015, second 2017. So he had it at some point in between.

image.png.cb025feb7f9797587de53c8ab5398866.pngimage.png.41d7e86beb9769507f7ad4c525e85242.png

This is the right way to do it. If you see him without ever knowing him before, you would never guess he had anything done. He still has minor recession and didn't get some low, aggressive, completely new hairline that practically nobody over 35 has naturally. More people need to get a "less is more" attitude when it comes to hair restoration.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.