Opinions on Eugenix? Will I get botched if I go for the comprehensive or exclusive package?

Having gone exclusive (back when Dr Arika Bansal was part of the package) I would go exclusive again in a heartbeat, simply because having the accommodations and pick up/drop offs all sorted is not something I ever want to be thinking about when having surgery in a foreign country. That said if I was a local in the area I'd likely opt for the comprehensive package.

As far as I've seen, the individual surgeons who mentored under Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi are all excellent at what they do. During my surgery there were others present in leading roles aside from Dr Bansal, and they all excelled at their jobs. I wouldn't be worried if they were working on me.

As far as the top tier goes with Dr Sethi, obviously that would be the preferred choice. But in the case of that price per graft you should compare your surgery goals and outcomes with other clinics and look at the pricing accordingly. Instead of asking a question like "will I get botched?", make liberal use of the search bar in the top right and look at patient stories with similar hair characteristics to yours.

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Administrators

I believe Dr. Das does exclusive, she’s a quality surgeon. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Greetings of the day @DriveByShooter,
We ensure the same results in all the packages. The value added services are different in packages. A lot of foreigners prefers to opt for premium and super premium as they want the founding surgeon to head the operation plus they get accommodation in five star hotels, pick-up, drop-off, and lunch meal in the clinic. 
On the other hand, there are plethora of patient opting for exclusive package as the Dr. Priyadarshini Das has became a well known surgeon. 

If you want to discuss in brief, feel free to send me a personalized text. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science

7 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Greetings of the day @DriveByShooter,
We ensure the same results in all the packages. The value added services are different in packages. A lot of foreigners prefers to opt for premium and super premium as they want the founding surgeon to head the operation plus they get accommodation in five star hotels, pick-up, drop-off, and lunch meal in the clinic. 
On the other hand, there are plethora of patient opting for exclusive package as the Dr. Priyadarshini Das has became a well known surgeon. 

If you want to discuss in brief, feel free to send me a personalized text. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science

which doctors are involved in the comprehensive package and which others except of Dr Das in exclusive package ?

• Administrators

I just saw you’re the same patient who’s young and unwilling to take medication and wait. At this point, there’s no use in giving you advice, if you refuse to do the first step to stopping hair loss. Hair transplants are no cure. You will end up with net gain, unless you treat hair loss at it’s core.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Understanding how thorough and ethical Eugenix is with their business practices, there is a good chance that if you lacked preventative care in combination with a young age they may very well turn you down as a client. To that point, many clinics won't turn you down, and if they don't, those are precisely the ones you want to stay as far away from as possible. FIX YOUR PREVENTATIVE CARE FIRST! 

Finasteride - 1mg daily - Topically or orally. This is your base foundation for hair loss prevention. 

Minoxidil - daily - again topically or orally.

Microneedling - once weekly

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gramatik said:

which doctors are involved in the comprehensive package and which others except of Dr Das in exclusive package ?

Hello @Gramatik,
In the comprehensive package there are three Eugenix Trained hair transplant surgeons (MBBS) and they're only indulge in restoring hairs for the last 4 years. In addition, they are trained by our founder surgeons, Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal. 

In the exclusive package, there is only one surgeon, Dr. Priyadarshini Das (MBBS). She is with Eugenix for the past 6.5 years. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I just saw you’re the same patient who’s young and unwilling to take medication and wait. At this point, there’s no use in giving you advice, if you refuse to do the first step to stopping hair loss. Hair transplants are no cure. You will end up with net gain, unless you treat hair loss at it’s core.

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

Understanding how thorough and ethical Eugenix is with their business practices, there is a good chance that if you lacked preventative care in combination with a young age they may very well turn you down as a client. To that point, many clinics won't turn you down, and if they don't, those are precisely the ones you want to stay as far away from as possible. FIX YOUR PREVENTATIVE CARE FIRST! 

Finasteride - 1mg daily - Topically or orally. This is your base foundation for hair loss prevention. 

Minoxidil - daily - again topically or orally.

Microneedling - once weekly

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

I have been taking medication for the past 3 months consistently. I started off with RU58841 and saw quite a bit of regrowth, but believe I got some heart/lung side effects from it. So had to come off it. I am currently on Finasteride and minoxidil, but haven't seen any regrowth, just maintenance. Bisanga did say apply medication for another year, but I don't feel like waiting around for that long to get my hair sorted out. I am young and everyone around my age just makes pokes fun at my hairline. So I want to get this taken care of ASAP. 

Without knowing any specifics regarding yourself or your case or even the other thread that Melvin referred to, as you have said you began medication that was effective but due to side effects you had to discontinue.

Now you have began finasteride and minoxidil. If you were to develop/experince side effects from these medications also having already proceeded with surgery, you really should consider what situation you may then find yourself in.

I experienced hair loss at a young age and I can relate, it is very hard. As you say, your peers find it a source of fun and it feels like it is really "robbing" you of your youth. But with experience and being in conversation with patients each and every day, what is also very hard if not harder is when guys in their mid to late 20s or above, have made the wrong decision to proceed with surgery, for whichever reason that may be. One of those scenarios is proceeding with surgery when too young with a hairline that your progressive loss and donor can not support in the future and having an unnatural appearance. This could potentially "rob" you of decades of your life.

It is completely logical and understandable, but when in your 20s, you can not relate to being in your 30s and 40s and you believe that things (your hair) will not be a priority at that time, and the time to act is now. Dont rush. Dont make a fast decision that you will regret.

As patients we often prefer the advice of a clinic that supports our narrative and tells us what we want to hear. If we stop for a moment, those doctors that highlight concerns and caution are not doing it for their own pocket, but for our own well being. 

The below video is an extreme example but it presents a young patient that was not able to tolerate medication, but also presented other factors that should have questioned candidacy but were overlooked and the result and consequences are for all to see. 

Did other clinics potentially point out their concerns and not recommend or offer surgery?
Did this patient then select a clinic whose recommendations then suited his preferred narrative?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.