Advice Needed - Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Pekiner, HLC and HDC

Hi all, 

I'm a high NW who previously had a hair transplant (not a very successful one) and I'm now looking to go for another one. I've been in contact with Dr. Ferreira, Dr. Pekiner, HLC and HDC. I am more inclined to go with either Dr. Ferreira or Dr. Pekiner because they do everything themselves. I don't have much information about the procedure with HDC. Whereas for HLC, the doctors who will perform the procedure is decided after consultation. 

I believe Dr. Ferreira's responses and assessments are unmatched. It feels like he really takes his time to evaluate his patients and gives very detailed and tailored feedback. Dr. Pekiner also seems very meticulous, takes his time and relies on BHT, which is something I need given my limited donor area. 

Based on the above, I am looking for advice on whether there is a big difference between these 2 doctors (I believe both are very good at what they do), and whether HLC and HDC are in the same league. I am very concerned about my donor area and would like someone who is experienced with high NWs to take extra care when dealing with it. 

Any advice would be highly appreciated :)

Thanks

Previously KLHT

• Administrators

HDC do the work themselves, it is split between Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina, I believe if you choose Dr. Christina it's 2 euros per graft, which is very affordable for a doctor of her caliber. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m not sure what you mean by “do the work themselves.” I’m also not aware of HLC’s or Ferreira’s protocols.

If you mean the doctor does all of the extractions, incisions, and implantations themselves, with no assistance from a team at all, then no, HDC doesn’t do that (at least not for me). A lot of elite clinics don’t. But they do have a team of techs on staff, and they’ve been there a really long time and do a great job.

Edited by Parasol

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

HDC do the work themselves, it is split between Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina, I believe if you choose Dr. Christina it's 2 euros per graft, which is very affordable for a doctor of her caliber. 

Thanks Melvin. 

12 hours ago, Parasol said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “do the work themselves.” I’m also not aware of HLC’s or Ferreira’s protocols.

If you mean the doctor does all of the extractions, incisions, and implantations themselves, with no assistance from a team at all, then no, HDC doesn’t do that (at least not for me). A lot of elite clinics don’t. But they do have a team of techs on staff, and they’ve been there a really long time and do a great job.

Yes, that was my question. Ferreira and Pekiner do everything themselves - the techs and nurses are there just to assist them (separate grafts etc.). This is what I was told. I think HLC are the same but the fact that I don't know which doctor assessed my situation and who will be doing the procedure put me off a bit. Thanks for the information on HDC though. How was your experience and how are the results so far? 

Previously KLHT

2 hours ago, KHT2 said:

Thanks Melvin. 

Yes, that was my question. Ferreira and Pekiner do everything themselves - the techs and nurses are there just to assist them (separate grafts etc.). This is what I was told. I think HLC are the same but the fact that I don't know which doctor assessed my situation and who will be doing the procedure put me off a bit. Thanks for the information on HDC though. How was your experience and how are the results so far? 

My experience with Dr. Maras and HDC was excellent. My results are literally life changing, so to say I’m happy is an understatement!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect. The left side of my frontal area didn’t grow in quite as densely as the right (which is not uncommon), and I had some bruising where the hair didn’t grow at all, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to HDC! Absolutely top class clinic and very good support throughout the whole journey! Maras is elite in my book, no doubt.

You have a very good list there and it seems you’ve done your research. Just keep researching and go to whom you feel most comfortable with. No transplant is a guarantee, but with knowledge, you will set yourself up with the best chances as possible.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:08 PM, Parasol said:

My experience with Dr. Maras and HDC was excellent. My results are literally life changing, so to say I’m happy is an understatement!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect. The left side of my frontal area didn’t grow in quite as densely as the right (which is not uncommon), and I had some bruising where the hair didn’t grow at all, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to HDC! Absolutely top class clinic and very good support throughout the whole journey! Maras is elite in my book, no doubt.

You have a very good list there and it seems you’ve done your research. Just keep researching and go to whom you feel most comfortable with. No transplant is a guarantee, but with knowledge, you will set yourself up with the best chances as possible.

Hey parasol, you had a bleeding where the game didn’t grow at all..? When did you get the surgery?

I'm also curious about the answer to this question. With your permission, I would like to follow up on the matter. I'm doing research to have a hair transplant, but I still haven't made a clear decision. Which clinic would you recommend. Can you let me know when you decide.

3 hours ago, Yan bio said:

Hey parasol, you had a bleeding where the game didn’t grow at all..? When did you get the surgery?

Hi, Yan Bio! I had my surgery with HDC, led by Dr. Maras, back in April 2021.

The results have been incredible, but I did have some issues with a bruise that ended up bleeding shortly after my surgery. 

As hopeful as I was that the grafts had anchored at that stage, unfortunately, 1.5 years later, not only did the bruised/bleeding area not grow any grafts, but the hair I had there originally before the surgery (which wasn’t much) never really grew back either. 

HDC has offered to fix this area for me for free, which I may eventually take them up on. 

I think it’s important before going into any surgery, for people to know the potential risks. I firmly believe hair transplantation should be a last resort! But I also believe, if transplantation is right for someone, Dr. Maras at HDC is one of the best in the world, and I can’t thank him enough for how him and his team transformed my life!

I see you went to HDC too! I wish you well and look forward to your updates!

5 hours ago, Parasol said:

Hi, Yan Bio! I had my surgery with HDC, led by Dr. Maras, back in April 2021.

The results have been incredible, but I did have some issues with a bruise that ended up bleeding shortly after my surgery. 

As hopeful as I was that the grafts had anchored at that stage, unfortunately, 1.5 years later, not only did the bruised/bleeding area not grow any grafts, but the hair I had there originally before the surgery (which wasn’t much) never really grew back either. 

HDC has offered to fix this area for me for free, which I may eventually take them up on. 

I think it’s important before going into any surgery, for people to know the potential risks. I firmly believe hair transplantation should be a last resort! But I also believe, if transplantation is right for someone, Dr. Maras at HDC is one of the best in the world, and I can’t thank him enough for how him and his team transformed my life!

I see you went to HDC too! I wish you well and look forward to your updates!

first of all - thank you so much for the detailed reposne!:)
I really wanted to know about this bruise.. did you actually see it bleeding? or you just noticed the scab forming there? 
also - what size is this area? around 1X1 cm? 
what do you refer this to - was this area too dense? because of infection? or do you think you a necrosis maybe..?
I tried to find similar cases to understand better how mine would fold but I couldn't..

so happy for your success story - your hair looks simply unbelievble! do you feel the 'naked area' bothers you in real life when you set it up before leaving your house? and about fixing this - does this require shaving the area again, or could it be done between the existing hair? 

10 hours ago, Yan bio said:

first of all - thank you so much for the detailed reposne!:)
I really wanted to know about this bruise.. did you actually see it bleeding? or you just noticed the scab forming there? 
also - what size is this area? around 1X1 cm? 
what do you refer this to - was this area too dense? because of infection? or do you think you a necrosis maybe..?
I tried to find similar cases to understand better how mine would fold but I couldn't..

so happy for your success story - your hair looks simply unbelievble! do you feel the 'naked area' bothers you in real life when you set it up before leaving your house? and about fixing this - does this require shaving the area again, or could it be done between the existing hair? 

I PM’d you. :)

• Like 1

Hi @KHT2,

For high Norwood class HDC clinic review the quality of the donor, for example if  NW6 paitent will consult with us we will accept him if he's donor good enough for 2 HTs, we don't want shiny ball head with only hairline, the clinic specialize with preserving the donor with minimum trauma, most of times for 2nd procedure we use 70% of the amount of grafts from previous procedure, I myself had 2 repair procedures by Dr. Maras and still can have more sessions, you're welcome to contact me for consultation.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.