How do you guys get the money to afford multiple hair transplants?

On 8/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, StillAlive said:

We go to Turkey man :D 

This way, three procedures end up costing as much as one US or elite-EU :D

But in all seriousness, each of us, within their budget, find ways to make this work. Maybe you save your bonuses from work for a couple of years -if you've got a job that pays out bonuses. If you really want it, you find a way to make it happen. Keep in mind that multiple procedures usually also occur within the span of a decade, so money accumulates.

Finally, yes, it's a grade-A personal luxury expense. If you are worrying about bills, you are not yet in full on mid-life crisis territory like the majority of the site :D

This is actually a very valid point. If it wasn't for Turkey and the exchange rate, a lot of is would be screwed. Love to Turkey!

• 6 months later...
49 minutes ago, AntoineWhitehead said:

Hey there, guys. I need a hair transplant ASAP, but I have no money for it. I don't really want to take out a loan, so maybe you could advise me about some quick ways to earn cash. TIA!!

Advertise yourself on Vivastreet for services 

• 7 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, NARMAK said:

This thread unfortunately exemplifies why the average Joe mentally justifies going to a hair mill. 

They are dealing with a depressing enough situation losing hair and confidence in an ever increasingly superficial social media age to look good and then are priced out of the quality surgeons and their options to turn to hair mills and play Russian Roulette with techs hoping they don't get the worst result and it looks better than they started with even if the hairline has more multi grafts and a bit more of a pluggy look. 

Personally i still think saving up a little smart and planning can get you a better place than a hair mill, but some people are going to be in between a rock and hard place based on dwindling economic opportunities. 

Hair mills take advantage of desperate people with hair loss and their naivety . Reputable docs take advantage of the fact that they are a minority in this business and up their prices to an extend where it's impossible to pay for the average Joe.

The thought of this makes me ill, though I understand that's how a free market works.

Governments should supervise/regulate clinics that do cosmetic surgery way more, as many surgeries go horribly wrong. Not only hair transplants, but lip fillers, botox, breast implants, you name it. Especially now social media have become a big influence on people.

• Moderators

Get a 2nd part time job for a while if you can.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 months later...

Cut other luxuries for a year or two.

Go to restaurants much less, buy less clothes, video games, jewellery, tattoos.

Bottom line: every cosmetic surgery is a luxury just like the other stuff.