Finasteride/Dutasteride Side Affects - Can they go away or affect us later?

4 minutes ago, HairRun said:

For a while I was playing hit and run with trying very low dose of topical fin and side effects. Eventually I would get them, then wait out a week for the side effects to go away. 

But for my last one, I'm 2 months out and even though side effects are 95% gone, still not completely. Strongly considering discontinuing. 

what dose are you taking?

Well, 95% gone is very good and manageable you would think.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The main benefit of topical application is that you avoid first liver pass and the creation of metabolites.

Metabolites from Finasteride and Dutasteride are almost always the reason for side effects.

Topical Finasteride is only safe at 0.025% , anything higher than that (0.05% or 0.1% or 0.5%) yields the same amount of suppression as oral finasteride.

What you want do to is use this dosage and use it 3 times a week max (1ml). By avoiding first liver pass, absorption and therefor systemic accumulation by spacing applications at a low concentration you are doing the only thing you can to halt MPB without side effects if you are prone to them.

This is why I used Topical Dutasteride 0.1% every 10 days and I was completely fine while I was totally messed up with Finasteride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mustang said:

The main benefit of topical application is that you avoid first liver pass and the creation of metabolites.

Metabolites from Finasteride and Dutasteride are almost always the reason for side effects.

Topical Finasteride is only safe at 0.025% , anything higher than that (0.05% or 0.1% or 0.5%) yields the same amount of suppression as oral finasteride.

What you want do to is use this dosage and use it 3 times a week max (1ml). By avoiding first liver pass, absorption and therefor systemic accumulation by spacing applications at a low concentration you are doing the only thing you can to halt MPB without side effects if you are prone to them.

This is why I used Topical Dutasteride 0.1% every 10 days and I was completely fine while I was totally messed up with Finasteride.

Did you also get sides from the topical finasteride protocol you mentioned?

On 7/31/2022 at 10:05 AM, RTC said:

Dutasteride topical, was previously microneedling with 0.01%, now using 0.05%. no sides to report

How often do you apply topical dut, i thinking of using it . I heard it’s just once a week due to the long half life and  has low systemic absorption while blocking A lot of scalp dht .

4 hours ago, sukh123 said:

How often do you apply topical dut, i thinking of using it . I heard it’s just once a week due to the long half life and  has low systemic absorption while blocking A lot of scalp dht .

Once a week atm.

I think you could go twice a week but I definitely won't 

5 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Did you also get sides from the topical finasteride protocol you mentioned?

Topical Fin from MinoxidilMax completely destroyed my life for a good 4 months. 

This is why I advocate for people to buy pharma grade 

MinoxidilMax is an underground and counterfeit lab with chinese products. You have no way of knowing what concentration they used on their bottles nor what raw materials or cross contamination has occurred. Whatever they put in that bottle (which was Finasteride 0.1%) was something else or I can't explain how bad I felt.

Anageninc is the same as the above. Their purity tests revealed a 50% impurity on their CB0301, a highly suspicious number when performing a high resolution liquid chromatography. What did they put on the other 50%? RU58841?. I sadly never investigate through but cutting something in half to maximize profit while playing with customers health is beyond me.

Completely the opposite experiences with Topical Dutasteride 0.1% from FUECLINIC and Parati. I had zero side effects and the most dramatic change in my hair I have ever experienced on medication and I could get away with applying once a week or even every 10 days.

Buy pharma grade meds guy. Don't play with your health, you have options: Strut, Parati, FUECLINIC, Andorra Pharmacy.

The Andorran Pharmacy now ships with DHL to the US and the same does Parati.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 4:05 PM, mustang said:

Completely the opposite experiences with Topical Dutasteride 0.1% from FUECLINIC and Parati. I had zero side effects and the most dramatic change in my hair I have ever experienced on medication and I could get away with applying once a week or even every 10 days.

Hey Mustang,

I have read on your posts elsewhere that at one point you were using topical dutasteride at 0.25% once per week. How did you find it at this dose? Did you feel it was okay or too high?

On 8/5/2022 at 2:05 AM, mustang said:

Topical Fin from MinoxidilMax completely destroyed my life for a good 4 months. 

This is why I advocate for people to buy pharma grade 

MinoxidilMax is an underground and counterfeit lab with chinese products. You have no way of knowing what concentration they used on their bottles nor what raw materials or cross contamination has occurred. Whatever they put in that bottle (which was Finasteride 0.1%) was something else or I can't explain how bad I felt.

Anageninc is the same as the above. Their purity tests revealed a 50% impurity on their CB0301, a highly suspicious number when performing a high resolution liquid chromatography. What did they put on the other 50%? RU58841?. I sadly never investigate through but cutting something in half to maximize profit while playing with customers health is beyond me.

Buy pharma grade meds guy. Don't play with your health, you have options: Strut, Parati, FUECLINIC, Andorra Pharmacy.

The Andorran Pharmacy now ships with DHL to the US and the same does Parati.

Do you know if the Dut Meso is supposed to look like coffee? I just got mine and it looks like this. 

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

On 7/31/2022 at 9:34 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

They did….the sample sizes are statistically significant as well. They compared both fin and dut in one study.

https://ishrs.org/patients/treatments-for-hair-loss/medications/dutasteride/#:~:text=9%2F71 taking dutasteride 2.5,volume followed these same percentages.

did fin nuked sperm count just like duta?

7 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

did fin nuked sperm count just like duta?

Haven’t seen a study that focuses solely on this. Doesn’t mean there is one but I’m not aware of it. My pcp mentioned he had a couple patients that had low sperm counts on fin and were trying to conceive. They got off of it for several months and their levels went back to normal so they were able to conceive with their partner

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...