Dr. Michael Pan in Dr. Parsa Mohebi’s office

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had a surgery—or even a consultation—with Michael Pan. He is relatively young, having only completed his residency in dermatology in 2019, but trained personally under Parsa Mohebi. According to the receptionist I spoke with, Pan is now full time at the practice doing surgeries of his own. 

I know that Mohebi is one of the best in the world and recommended by this forum, but does that recommendation extend to the doctors working under him?

I should mention that there’s not just Pan, but also Dr. Manu Gujrati at the practice. They can’t possibly be as expert as their boss, but I imagine they’re both still very good—or at least safe bets? I ask because I’m based in Los Angeles and I’m considering plunking down the $200 for a consultation.

https://parsamohebi.com/meet-dr-pan/

Edited by toasteroven
  • Like 1

Interested to follow this, always good to see new Drs emerge, especially ones that have trained under someone like Dr Mohebi. You’re right they won’t have skill or expertise of their mentor yet, that will come later. 

Edited by Britalien
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I know he’s a new surgeon. Seems to be a good one, but I don’t have much information on him. We only recommend the surgeons recommended by the community. We haven’t examined Dr. Pan’s credentials or his work. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Happy to chime in and provide some insight! Dr. Mohebi has continued to expand Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration over the past few years as it has grown beyond what he's able to achieve alone. In addition to bringing Dr. G on board as the medical director of the San Francisco office, he's also brought Dr. Pan on to join him at his brand new Los Angeles facility. While Dr. Pan is a fellowship trained hair transplant surgeon in his own right, he and Dr. G were both trained extensively under Dr. Mohebi so that they exclusively use the same techniques and instruments that Dr. Mohebi does. They each operate in the same way so as to provide the same standards and quality of care that Dr. Mohebi is known for. The three of them consistently collaborate and work together to ensure that choosing any of the surgeons at the facility is something that Dr. Mohebi endorses and stands by. 

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions! Would be happy to help any way I can. :)

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

I just wanna say I consulted with Dr. Pan, I found him knowledgeable and knows his stuff about hair loss treatments. He wrote my oral minoxidil prescription. Excited to see his results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...