FUE + PRP: Is it offered at HLC?

Hi guys. I’ve been lurking on this website for quite sometime, as I’m preparing to have my procedure completed at HLC next week.

This morning, I read this seemingly credible article (attached below) and it claims that “In PRP group, all subjects had >75% hair regrowth at 6 months, density of >75% grafts was noticed in 12 patients at 4 weeks meaning reduced fall of transplanted hair during catagen phase. New hair growth started at 8 weeks in 16 patients and redness over recipient area completely disappeared in 19 patients at 3 months of surgery and activity in dormant follicles as fine thread like hair was noticed besides the thick transplanted hair in all subjects. In non-PRP group, four patients had >75% hair regrowth at 6 months; none showed >75%
graft density at 4 weeks, and 13 subjects showed dormant follicle activity at 4 months. The number of patients having lengthier hairs was significantly more in PRP group.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064679/

This being the case, it is only natural that I would want to do PRP injections during my FUE procedure. 

Does anyone know if HLC offers PRP with FUE? I know they offer PRP, but it’s not clear whether that is a separate treatment.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Hi guys. I’ve been lurking on this website for quite sometime, as I’m preparing to have my procedure completed at HLC next week.

This morning, I read this seemingly credible article (attached below) and it claims that “In PRP group, all subjects had >75% hair regrowth at 6 months, density of >75% grafts was noticed in 12 patients at 4 weeks meaning reduced fall of transplanted hair during catagen phase. New hair growth started at 8 weeks in 16 patients and redness over recipient area completely disappeared in 19 patients at 3 months of surgery and activity in dormant follicles as fine thread like hair was noticed besides the thick transplanted hair in all subjects. In non-PRP group, four patients had >75% hair regrowth at 6 months; none showed >75%
graft density at 4 weeks, and 13 subjects showed dormant follicle activity at 4 months. The number of patients having lengthier hairs was significantly more in PRP group.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064679/

This being the case, it is only natural that I would want to do PRP injections during my FUE procedure. 

Does anyone know if HLC offers PRP with FUE? I know they offer PRP, but it’s not clear whether that is a separate treatment.

Thanks for the help!

Hm interesting. I don't know about HLC, but the general consensus I've found here is that PRP isn't very useful. 

This study however seems to be examining the results of doing PRP DURING the surgery right after creating the slits for implantation. Which I have never heard of anyone doing but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I always thought that in PRP in conjunction with HT that the PRP was always done days if not weeks after the HT?

2 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Hm interesting. I don't know about HLC, but the general consensus I've found here is that PRP isn't very useful. 

This study however seems to be examining the results of doing PRP DURING the surgery right after creating the slits for implantation. Which I have never heard of anyone doing but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I always thought that in PRP in conjunction with HT that the PRP was always done days if not weeks after the HT?

Many clinics in Turkey do it the same time as HT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

Many clinics in Turkey do it the same time as HT.

Interesting. Makes sense that the time it would provide the most benefit would be during the transplant. I wonder why US/Euro clinics aren't doing it then?

40 patients is a relatively small sample size so I wonder if their are any other studies. But 40 very well may be large enough to be statistically signifigant. 

Save your money!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Tempting but nah … there’s a reason PRP has been around for so long n it’s not even in the top 3 of what has been scientifically proven to help with hairloss .. 

n it costs $100X times more .. I tried to believe in PRP for hair regrowth ..   but it’s been long enough ,, it hasn’t proven itself .. 

• Like 1

PRP definitely helps with survival of the hair grafts. There was an article about hair graft survival during transplant and among other things, hair grafts placed in PRP solution increases their survival rate because they’re far less time away from nutrients and have healing factors present in PRP transplanted with them so they survive more and heal faster.

It’s useless as a hair regrowth or hairloss treatment but definitely not useless when used for HF survival. 

Most clinics it seem use either cold saline, some use organ transplant solution and very few use PRP solution 

1 hour ago, LookMaxx said:

PRP definitely helps with survival of the hair grafts. There was an article about hair graft survival during transplant and among other things, hair grafts placed in PRP solution increases their survival rate because they’re far less time away from nutrients and have healing factors present in PRP transplanted with them so they survive more and heal faster.

It’s useless as a hair regrowth or hairloss treatment but definitely not useless when used for HF survival. 

Most clinics it seem use either cold saline, some use organ transplant solution and very few use PRP solution 

Not so sure it is useless as a hair loss treatment. I am on PRP since nearly 5 years and stable. I do not take any other medication.