Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 1/31/2024 at 10:22 PM, Dragonsphere said:

This. 

People need to factor in a few things with Dr Bloxham's trial. 

1. FUT is far more invasive than FUE. Far more tissue is removed so the body will have to remember more of what needs to be regenerated. I think Bloxham tacitly said this at the the 1st month video when saying his trial was more focused on scar improvement. 

2. Dr Bloxham used several different doses on each of his patients. People seem to be comparing the 0.4 dose at 18 months with all of Dr Bloxham's results. 

3. We are at the six months mark and seeing hair growing in a REVISED FUT scar. This is absolutely incredible and it cannot be understated how ground breaking this is. 

What do I expect we will see at 18 months? My money would be a greatly reduced FUT scar  with a notable amount of hairs growing through. I think the results will be less impressive due to the reasons I have articulated above but at the end of the day, I think most of our interested in the regeneration aspect of the drug. The reduced scarring is an added bonus. 

Also take into consideration we don't know if the 18 month mark is the peak result. Maybe Dr Bargouthi's patient will continue to improve, assuming there is not already 100% regeneration. 

I think we should still have cautious optimism, but every new update makes me think more and more this is going to be the surgical 'cure' for MPB. 

Does anyone disagree with any of this? 

Exactly. I don't know why people are downplaying the results, hair is growing out of the wound ! that is unprecendeted and the full result is not realised yet. Every step forwarded should be celebrated, not criticized. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Exactly. I don't know why people are downplaying the results, hair is growing out of the wound ! that is unprecendeted and the full result is not realised yet. Every step forwarded should be celebrated, not criticized. 

+1ing this. It's huge. I just wish Visudyne had a generic or something that was cheap so could be more affordable similar to finasteride. I kinda wonder too with future treatments how effective this can be with VP. Imagining a SCUBE3, VP, GT20029 and/or FIN/DUTA would be massive.

Yes I’ve been saying this for the past year and half and will say it again, this is the cure, dosages and certain things need to be optimized but this is the cure as long as you have 100-200k for a hair transplant 😂😂. Maybe you can get away without taking fin and min as well.

6 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Yes I’ve been saying this for the past year and half and will say it again, this is the cure, dosages and certain things need to be optimized but this is the cure as long as you have 100-200k for a hair transplant 😂😂. Maybe you can get away without taking fin and min as well.

10,000 grafts from Hasson and Wong would be a bit over 80k I believe lol. I’ve already spent like 50k on all this because first 2 transplants were disappointing. Also plan to go back to hw and get more. Definitely been a struggle but I still wish I had more grafts 

Edited by Der3k7

21 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Well it could work with micro needling and verteporfin🤷‍♂️

or you could just go to turkey and it would be way cheaper lol

46 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Best start investing in that S&P 500!

I can also completely understand why some higher-profile doctors wanna steer clear of Vert or hope to see it fail. 

You go to a premium clinic to get the best donor management and to get the best possible results for the least amount of grafts because you only get 2-3 shots at it. With the biggest risk for a HT gone and the ability to keep getting transplants until you're happy with density, who could justify getting a small HT for $20-30K with Hasson and Wong, for example, when you could get a big session with Vert in a GOOD clinic in Tukey, India, Colombia etc for $4-5K. There premium would go completely out the window...

Premium docs will be forced to drastically lower prices, or lose most if not all of their market share to good but drastically cheaper clinics and docs. Only makes it more honorable of any big docs willing to test this as they are not putting profits first but thinking about improving results and patients' lives.

19 minutes ago, ijustbethinkin said:

I can also completely understand why some higher-profile doctors wanna steer clear of Vert or hope to see it fail. 

You go to a premium clinic to get the best donor management and to get the best possible results for the least amount of grafts because you only get 2-3 shots at it. With the biggest risk for a HT gone and the ability to keep getting transplants until you're happy with density, who could justify getting a small HT for $20-30K with Hasson and Wong, for example, when you could get a big session with Vert in a GOOD clinic in Tukey, India, Colombia etc for $4-5K. There premium would go completely out the window...

Premium docs will be forced to drastically lower prices, or lose most if not all of their market share to good but drastically cheaper clinics and docs. Only makes it more honorable of any big docs willing to test this as they are not putting profits first but thinking about improving results and patients' lives.

You still have to consider graft survival rate, graft placement angle and design etc so there would still be incentive to go to top clinic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ijustbethinkin said:

i dont think verteporfin is that easily to apply considering its high sensitivity to light etc

and regardless of verteporfin you still need the right angles, good extraction etc to get a good result

what i think however is that many financially succesful doctors might get kinda lazy and are not that willing to try out new things. 

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

Im not saying everyone will flock to hair mills, there are plenty of good clinics providing great results at a reasonable price, now imagine giving them VERT too. every result will be a home run reducing the need to go to the best surgeons. 

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Im not saying everyone will flock to hair mills, there are plenty of good clinics providing great results at a reasonable price, now imagine giving them VERT too. every result will be a home run reducing the need to go to the best surgeons. 

With great respect I actually doubt this. You will still need good donor management and excellent hairline and temple point work, etc. 

• Like 1

I feel like it is simple supply and demand, the amount of docs producing outstanding results will skyrocket ( pretty easy if a majority of the grafts extracted regrows) meaning the need for the best docs is reduced.

I agree with the angle placement point though but that would be the only thing to look for but supply of amazing results would naturally go up. 

16 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

[...] who could justify getting a small HT for $20-30K with Hasson and Wong, for example, when you could get a big session with Vert in a GOOD clinic in Tukey, India, Colombia etc for $4-5K. There premium would go completely out the window...

Great point. If verteporfin is successfully we could all just go to Turkey and get even more misaligned and thick multi grafts in our hairlines :)

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

2 hours ago, Chrisno said:

Great point. If verteporfin is successfully we could all just go to Turkey and get even more misaligned and thick multi grafts in our hairlines :)

People who go to hairmills will  still go to hairmills. 

People who do their research will go to reputable surgeons. 

Nothing will change even if verteporfin works as well as we all hope. 

There is far more to a quality hair transplant than donor supply as you have correctly advised. 

I want a natural age appropriate hairline, with correctly placed graphs. 

A $1500 dollar package deal would not achieve this, regardless of donor supply. 

An example of this is plastic surgery, where there is no donor supply. 

There any many people who will go to dodgy clinics to save money for lets say rhinoplasty. 

Those who do their research won't and will go to a reputable surgeon with a history of solid results. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

People who go to hairmills will still go to hairmills. 

People who do their research will go to reputable surgeons.

Nothing will change even if verteporfin works as well as we all hope. 

People who got botched by a hair mill may not be screwed for life if existing scars can be regenerated. That is certainly not nothing.

3 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

People who got botched by a hair mill may not be screwed for life if existing scars can be regenerated. That is certainly not nothing.

I meant in terms of where people will go for their hair transplant. 

Verteporfin will not impact that but yes, people who have botched procedures will no be screwed up permanently. 

On 2/3/2024 at 8:45 AM, Gatsby said:

With great respect I actually doubt this. You will still need good donor management and excellent hairline and temple point work, etc. 

Great to see you on this thread. With regards to your profound experience in this industry as patient, what do you think of Verteporfin. In Dr Bloxhams 5 month update there were some hair growing through the scar and he did not do trichophetic closure. 

Should a person wait for another two three years before getting a HT by waiting and seeing what happens with verteporfin.

If this works, will you like try verteporfin on your donor scars (if not already covered by Eugenix)

On 2/2/2024 at 9:35 PM, Hair Tomorrow said:

This might explain why Spencer Kobren and JT of The Bald Truth/Mane Event are reserving judgement, given they make money by approving the top HT surgeons prepared to pay a fee.  

I don’t find them to be reliable on the subject. They are very dismissive and it’s apparent they have not properly researched the topic. 

4 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I meant in terms of where people will go for their hair transplant. 

Verteporfin will not impact that but yes, people who have botched procedures will no be screwed up permanently. 

It may significantly impact whom they go to, because a botch job may no longer be a death sentence. So the allure of saving money by going with a cheaper surgeon may be harder to resist.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:25 PM, alopeciaphobia said:

It may significantly impact whom they go to, because a botch job may no longer be a death sentence. So the allure of saving money by going with a cheaper surgeon may be harder to resist.

People who go to cheap clinic by enlarge don't do their research; they don't take into account  the possibility of botched jobs. The average HT patient has no concept of things such a donor density. 

I have a friend who went to a clinic in Turkey. He had 3000 grafts dense packed which considering he is/was a Noorwood 2.5 in his 20s, is not strategic. He keeps his hair on the sides at a grade 3 and was under the impression that all the transplanted hair grew back in the donor area. 

This particular example is indicative of the  level of understanding the average HT patient has who has not done their due diligence. 

Edited by Dragonsphere

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Great to see you on this thread. With regards to your profound experience in this industry as patient, what do you think of Verteporfin. In Dr Bloxhams 5 month update there were some hair growing through the scar and he did not do trichophetic closure. 

Should a person wait for another two three years before getting a HT by waiting and seeing what happens with verteporfin.

If this works, will you like try verteporfin on your donor scars (if not already covered by Eugenix)

Over the past 39 years I have heard of every potential treatment, cure for hair loss. For some reason they all claim to be five years away that it becomes a running joke. I definitely would not wait for Verteporfin to hit the mainstream market  until I had a hair transplant. I seriously hope I am wrong about Verteporfin but it is still very early days and it may not get off the ground despite excellent preliminary findings. I would prefer to wait until all of my eggs are in the pudding. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Over the past 39 years I have heard of every potential treatment, cure for hair loss. For some reason they all claim to be five years away that it becomes a running joke. I definitely would not wait for Verteporfin to hit the mainstream market  until I had a hair transplant. I seriously hope I am wrong about Verteporfin but it is still very early days and it may not get off the ground despite excellent preliminary findings. I would prefer to wait until all of my eggs are in the pudding. 

It takes just 1 vain rich guy to see these excellent preliminary findings and decide to throw a million $ at it to fund all kinds of trials. Whether succesful or not, in 1 to 2 years we likely know everything these it to know about the drug in relation to hair loss. Musk is rich and certainly vain, if you are crazy enough to buy twitter for 44.000 million, why not spend 1 million to have a very reasonable chance to cure hair loss, which he suffers from himself and has taken steps towards hiding / treating? 

I still think the word is not out there enough. Such guys would probably hand out this $1M like candy if they would have the information we have.

57 minutes ago, Square1 said:

It takes just 1 vain rich guy to see these excellent preliminary findings and decide to throw a million $ at it to fund all kinds of trials. Whether succesful or not, in 1 to 2 years we likely know everything these it to know about the drug in relation to hair loss. Musk is rich and certainly vain, if you are crazy enough to buy twitter for 44.000 million, why not spend 1 million to have a very reasonable chance to cure hair loss, which he suffers from himself and has taken steps towards hiding / treating? 

I still think the word is not out there enough. Such guys would probably hand out this $1M like candy if they would have the information we have.

Dr. Barghouthi already has preliminary good results. The only issue is the trial was not very scientific and the photos are not very good quality. If we can persuade him to bring back the first trial patient make quality photos and hair count assessment with the new scanning device and spread the word that would be huge.

And 1 million is really a lot, 200k would be more than enough, so you don't need top tier rich guy like Musk, someone even with high income(but not wealthy) in US can afford that.

200k is enough because it is not very different from a standard surgery, it just has one extra injection step. 10 surgeries can easily be afforded by 200k with different scenarios. That would be more than enough to make conclusions. 

• Like 1