Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, Greg211 said:

Hey can you sent me an invitation to telegram group? My donor area is depleted and I’m really interested to see if this could help me ..

I gotchu bro, im in the same boat.. maybe more so... weak donor even though ive never even had a hair transplant... check ur dms bro

4 hours ago, takuma said:

I gotchu bro, im in the same boat.. maybe more so... weak donor even though ive never even had a hair transplant... check ur dms bro

Hey, I have a similar problem. Can you please share the group link in DM please? Thank you so much

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whippedOmlette said:

Hey, I have a similar problem. Can you please share the group link in DM please? Thank you so much

Check your dm bro 🙂

On 1/18/2024 at 4:01 AM, takuma said:

You can see even the hair on his leg returned with normal skin 

Screenshot_20240117-162910.jpg

IMG_20240117_162932_630.jpg

IMG_20240117_162943_053.jpg

IMG_20240117_162931_881.jpg

IMG_20240117_162937_604.jpg

1) Why is his skin pink in colour ?

2) How did he make simvastatin into a topical formulation. Did he mix it with minoxidil ?

3) How do we know this is not just some troll ?

Statins are tried and tested safe drugs. Maybe some HT doctor can put it on one single FUE scar and see what happens. That FUE scar can be encircled with some SMP.

12 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

1) Why is his skin pink in colour ?

2) How did he make simvastatin into a topical formulation. Did he mix it with minoxidil ?

Statins are tried and tested safe drugs. Maybe some HT doctor can put it on one single FUE scar and see what happens. That FUE scar can be encircled with some SMP.

i don't know how he got topical simvastatin, my guess is he got it compounded at the pharmacy; i don't think he mixed it with minoxidil. I don't think he's a troll, he has nothing to gain. 

37 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

He is not a troll. I know him from a German hair loss forum. He has problems with scars and has resorted to simvastatin due to supply shortages of verteporfin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dieter987 said:

He is not a troll. I know him from a German hair loss forum. He has problems with scars and has resorted to simvastatin due to supply shortages of verteporfin.

Where does simvastatin fits to hairloss or scar reducing as medication? This doesnt make any sense at all.

23 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Where does simvastatin fits to hairloss or scar reducing as medication? This doesnt make any sense at all.

He uses simvastatin topical because verteporfin is currently difficult to obtain. Simvastatin is also a Yap-inhibitor like Verteporfin.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. I totally understand and I will update you with details by the end of this week- We are going ahead and nothing changed in terms of that. 

Thank you so much @DrTBarghouthi will you be updating us on the new trial today; has the date been set,

how many patients is it. Will you be doing a recipient area trial or a full fue trial? :)

14 hours ago, Dieter987 said:

He uses simvastatin topical because verteporfin is currently difficult to obtain. Simvastatin is also a Yap-inhibitor like Verteporfin.

If Simvastatin is topical wouldn't that be the go to for hair transplants? A simple rub around the head after the extraction portion is done and then get to business with the implants on the recipient area... 

This whole time I've been thinking if there were any topical formulations of verteporforin. Which drug is general safer? Verteporforin has an excellent safety profile but only in low doses into the eye 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

If Simvastatin is topical wouldn't that be the go to for hair transplants? A simple rub around the head after the extraction portion is done and then get to business with the implants on the recipient area.

The application of topical simvastatin is not so easy. according to the post above by bigmistake.

5 month update is out, so about from a month ago: 

I only watched the last couple minutes because it’s bedtime for me. There is obviously some regrowth, but doesn’t seem like a ton. Hopefully much more at 6-7 months 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sr1486 said:

I only watched the last couple minutes because it’s bedtime for me. There is obviously some regrowth, but doesn’t seem like a ton. Hopefully much more at 6-7 months 

Yeah, I just watched this video. As Dr. Bloxham said, something different is definitely happening. Seems to be regrowth but def not as pronounced as Dr. Barghouthi. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Yeah, I just watched this video. As Dr. Bloxham said, something different is definitely happening. Seems to be regrowth but def not as pronounced as Dr. Barghouthi. 

I think it's just as much regrowth as Dr Bargouthi got at the 5 month mark - what doee per CM2 was Dr Bloxham using in the most successful test case here so far?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sr1486 said:

@Melvin- Admin what do you think about these results?

19 hours ago, Dieter987 said:

The application of topical simvastatin is not so easy. according to the post above by bigmistake.

What was his process? Why is it so difficult. Heard UK just made it OTC too as opposed to prescription only 

4 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I think it's just as much regrowth as Dr Bargouthi got at the 5 month mark - what doee per CM2 was Dr Bloxham using in the most successful test case here so far?

I agree, people forget that we were all hopeful thinking when Barghouthi released his month 4 updates. We were all looking at one hair that we didn't know was excised or not. It wasn't until his final months of updates that we saw a noticeable difference between areas. I think FUE is better for Verteporforin. No matter what I think it's easier for verteporforin to regenerate a tiny hole as opposed to an entire line of skin sown together. Also remember that let's say a 2cm in size skin patch is extracted. Even if verteporforin is perfected and you get 100% regeneration on the scar area, you'll be getting regeneration ON THE LEFTOVER SKIN, not the whole thing as with FUE

So FUE regardless of Bloxhams results is where we should be narrowing our focus. Bloxhams trial however is very important to give us a more clear image of regeneration as the difference is pronounced between treated and untreated. 

• Like 1

Even if verteporfin leads no new hair follicle in FUT, but leads to significant reduction of scar tissue then that is a win. Why don't people get FUT ? Because of linear scars. What will happen if there is no linear scar ? 

5 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

I agree, people forget that we were all hopeful thinking when Barghouthi released his month 4 updates. We were all looking at one hair that we didn't know was excised or not. It wasn't until his final months of updates that we saw a noticeable difference between areas. I think FUE is better for Verteporforin. No matter what I think it's easier for verteporforin to regenerate a tiny hole as opposed to an entire line of skin sown together. Also remember that let's say a 2cm in size skin patch is extracted. Even if verteporforin is perfected and you get 100% regeneration on the scar area, you'll be getting regeneration ON THE LEFTOVER SKIN, not the whole thing as with FUE

So FUE regardless of Bloxhams results is where we should be narrowing our focus. Bloxhams trial however is very important to give us a more clear image of regeneration as the difference is pronounced between treated and untreated. 

Can’t disagree more. We should be trying both, don’t bias the research towards your preference for FUE. There is undoubtedly regrowth now in the FUT trial. It’s also narrow sighted because there are more application for healing of linear scars in regards to injuries to the skin, surgical wounds, burns, etc. 

• Like 1