Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

I notice Verteporfin's wikipedia page has now edited out any mention of scar-healing - previously, there was mention of the clinical trial of Verteporfin on cleft pallet. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verteporfin

I suspect there is a concerted effort by the authorities to downplay Verteporfin's potential for scar-healing - and I am guessing it is to stop people buying up all the Visudyne whilst there is a shortage.

I've done searches for Verteporfin and military, with zero articles coming up, which is very strange - surely the military would be testing it?

Something weird is going on with this stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I notice Verteporfin's wikipedia page has now edited out any mention of scar-healing - previously, there was mention of the clinical trial of Verteporfin on cleft pallet. 

I suspect there is a concerted effort by the authorities to downplay Verteporfin's potential for scar-healing - and I am guessing it is to stop people buying up all the Visudyne whilst there is a shortage.

I've done searches for Verteporfin and military, with zero articles coming up, which is very strange - surely the military would be testing it?

have u seen the stuff lol it looks like alien green goo! u'd think there would be more hype behind this drug, even the way it's activated is cool...they use a light/ laser to activate it...lol if we could just get a few articles showcasing Dr Bargouthi's insane results on his trial patient 

13 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I will say this though...they will fail if they are trying to do that. It's already taken off like wildfire , the verteporfin research telegram gets alot of traffic , we have several people already interested in getting scar revision procedures done with verteporfin, and are reaching out to doctors in their respective countries to test it on their scars. It's amazing and we have a redditor who will be testing it this month with microneedling as well

• Like 2

On 1/1/2024 at 2:37 AM, Hairlossingfast said:

do you guys think verteporfin would be able to reduce stretch marks?

Based on the mechanism it is described to work through, blocking the scar forming pathways, it seems like the medication has to be dosed after a fresh wound is made so that it is in the tissue while the tissue is healing and when the scar formation would be occurring. If the wound is done healing and scar formed already my guess is that it would not have the same effect.

for stretch marks I hear laser treatment is pretty solid for reducing their visibility and making them much less visible. I plan to try this sometime soon myself 

49 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Based on the mechanism it is described to work through, blocking the scar forming pathways, it seems like the medication has to be dosed after a fresh wound is made so that it is in the tissue while the tissue is healing and when the scar formation would be occurring. If the wound is done healing and scar formed already my guess is that it would not have the same effect.

for stretch marks I hear laser treatment is pretty solid for reducing their visibility and making them much less visible. I plan to try this sometime soon myself 

Yes, it would work, you would just need to create a new wound, you could excise the stretch mark (scar tissue) and inject the verteporfin, the same process Dr. Bloxham is doing with old FUT scars in his current study. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFox said:

Yes, it would work, you would just need to create a new wound, you could excise the stretch mark (scar tissue) and inject the verteporfin, the same process Dr. Bloxham is doing with old FUT scars in his current study. 

From what I understand, stretch marks involve the breakdown of elastin fibers while in normal scarring this is not the case.  You think verteporfin can rebuild the elastin fibers that were once damaged by inducing a normal wound on top of the stretch mark and injecting verteporfin to heal it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Idk how i feel about laser therapy.  I watched some youtube vids where people left with underwhelming results.  I heard microneedling with 1.5mm at home is an option but the chance of a staph infection is high enough to warrant anxiety.  

On 1/3/2024 at 10:08 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I moved this because of the yearly suggestion posted here:

If you have a good counter argument as to why it should stay in hair transplant review section I’m all ears. @Chrisno is correct. Verteporfin will only help the industry, not harm it.

Verteporfin is an adjunct to ht surgery and it's mainly of interest to people getting hts, hairless drugs are mostly not only useful used in conjunction with surgery. 

So this is more of interest to people considering a transplant. 

8 hours ago, Hairlossingfast said:

Idk how i feel about laser therapy.  I watched some youtube vids where people left with underwhelming results.  I heard microneedling with 1.5mm at home is an option but the chance of a staph infection is high enough to warrant anxiety.  

It’s supposed to take several sessions and costs like 1k each session. I have a friend that is a nurse and owns a cosmetic injections business he does my laser hair removal I’m gonna use him for my laser stretch mark removal too he says it works well for making it less noticeable, less pink, etc. Before and after photos look promising to me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hairlossingfast said:

From what I understand, stretch marks involve the breakdown of elastin fibers while in normal scarring this is not the case.  You think verteporfin can rebuild the elastin fibers that were once damaged by inducing a normal wound on top of the stretch mark and injecting verteporfin to heal it?

This is getting off-topic for this thread, so this is the last I'll say about it. It's still scar tissue, no? It wouldn't be on top of anything. You would have to excise the entire stretch mark, and all of the scar tissue, and inject verteporfin, it should work similarly to any other healing process with verteporfin as long as all the scar tissue is removed. Now one concern would be that stretch marks form from the skin being too tight, so removing the scar tissue and suturing the edges could cause the same stretching to occur if the same pressure is being applied (i.e. weight gain). I think it needs a lot of testing to figure out how to approach that problem, perhaps a dressing that unloads the pressure on the skin and allows the gap to heal without having to approximate the edges together.  

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Verteporfin is an adjunct to ht surgery and it's mainly of interest to people getting hts, hairless drugs are mostly not only useful used in conjunction with surgery. 

So this is more of interest to people considering a transplant. 

Yes, but hair transplant review section is specifically for people posting hair transplant reviews. Unless this thread has more Verteporfin+HT reviews I think it’s best in the drugs section. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I spoke with Dr. Pittella, he said it’s virtually impossible to source Verteporfin in Brazil. Even Dr. Barghouthi is having issues. This is strange.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I spoke with Dr. Pittella, he said it’s virtually impossible to source Verteporfin in Brazil. Even Dr. Barghouthi is having issues. This is strange.

Maybe contacting Indian pharma, I know some countries allow you to order pharmaceuticals online from foreign countries if you're an MD or have a registered clinic. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Maybe contacting Indian pharma, I know some countries allow you to order pharmaceuticals online from foreign countries if you're an MD or have a registered clinic. 

Do you know of any? Will they ship to the US? I might ask some Indian doctors to order it for me. Im willing to buy it whole sale and distribute it to surgeons that are willing to try it. 

• Like 3

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Sounds like a conspiracy against verteporfin trials.

Was Dr. Mohebi able to source it ?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Do you know of any? Will they ship to the US? I might ask some Indian doctors to order it for me. Im willing to buy it whole sale and distribute it to surgeons that are willing to try it. 

Unfortunately not off the top of my head but I know they produce it. Although some in this thread have mentioned Indian pharma as well and posted the link. They produce verteporfin. 

If you're buying in bulk you could also contact the manufacturer. 

There is also an online pharmacy based in Vanuatu a friend used to get finestride from called in house pharmacy I never used them, that carried Indian generics so you might be able to contact them. I know they did ship to the states so you might be able to work something out with them. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

do we have any update from Dr Bargouthi when he will begin the full fue verteporfin trial? How will he do a full fue trial without a control, i think it will be better if he leaves a small area for control and divides the rest of the scalp into several test areas where he injects the verteporfin in different concentrations/doses and that he marks the different sections or even the individual extraction sites. Either that or leave no control but mark the invidual hair follicle extractions with smp, or electronically or something 

Edited by takuma

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Be careful of fake online pharmacies trying to pretend to sell verteporfin and other drugs as well....I would get it directly through the Indian doctors or order/ request a sample first before committing to a full order. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, takuma said:

what type of verteporfin did Dr Bargouthi use for his trial,

did he use brand name visudyne or lab grade generic verteporfin?

Generic version.

• Like 1

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Generic version.

Would you say that Visudyne, with its other ingredients is optimal, or 99.3% pure Verteporfin from Selleckchem (the most pure I have seen) would be optimal for HT scar regeneration? Are they the same? Does the 99.3% pure Verteporfin also have these other ingredients?

VISUDYNE contains:

ACTIVE: Verteporfin, 2 mg
INACTIVES: Lactose, egg phosphatidylglycerol, dimyristoyl phosphatidylcholine, ascorbyl
palmitate and butylated hydroxytoluene