Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

If only someone would’ve predicted these trials to constantly be pushed back, and for there to be a difference with Verteporfin on FUE and FUT….. 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

If only someone would’ve predicted these trials to constantly be pushed back, and for there to be a difference with Verteporfin on FUE and FUT….. 😂😂

Rather than complain, can you instead do productive things like mass emailing other docs to try out verteporfin? the only person with a right to complain is arcturus who put in 14.5k or the few members of the community who have done dozens of hours of research like melvin or me who wrote the 20 page vert doc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I think the problem is that the end result of Dr Barghouthi's test blew all expectation and now the bar has been raised. 

People seem to forget that said test's results did not appear overnight but over many months. 

FUT removes far larger area than FUE so the body needs to remember substantially more in regards to healing than just a small FUE incision.  

The results are promising; I doubt they will be as good as Dr Barghouthi's simply down to it being FUT

I personally am excited to see what larger doses of Verteporfin can do in FUE and if verteporfin can produce cumulative results in already transplanted hair. 

Does it even matter if it isn’t successful with FUT? It wouldn’t bother me at all. We can just use verteporfin with FUE if that’s the case.

13 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Rather than complain, can you instead do productive things like mass emailing other docs to try out verteporfin? the only person with a right to complain is arcturus who put in 14.5k or the few members of the community who have done dozens of hours of research like melvin or me who wrote the 20 page vert doc. 

You know that mass emailing Drs at this stage is useless because they will all want to wait until they see tangible results. That’s why everyone is waiting for the 2 Dr.Bs to share results and expedite trials because once at least one of the them (especially FUT trial) show success then most dermatologists and Ht surgeons will jump on board because that’s mean money for them and means we don’t need to beg them to read a 20 page document if they have the time. Oh believe me if they see results they will have the time! So let the man vent and complain ! We at least deserve that after all this wait. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/31/2023 at 4:37 AM, Chrisno said:

The answer is probably Trichophytic Closure of the FUT strip. You can read more here: https://hassonandwong.com/trichophytic-closure/

The way the FUT strip is closed leads to hair growing through the scar in many cases. Bloxham, specializing in FUT, closes his strips this way I presume.

Dr Bloxham said in the last video that he did not use a trichophytic closure on the verteporfin treated areas, so what could those hairs be if not regrowth induced by verteporfin

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gatchpt said:

You know that mass emailing Drs at this stage is useless because they will all want to wait until they see tangible results. That’s why everyone is waiting for the 2 Dr.Bs to share results and expedite trials because once at least one of the them (especially FUT trial) show success then most dermatologists and Ht surgeons will jump on board because that’s mean money for them and means we don’t need to beg them to read a 20 page document if they have the time. Oh believe me if they see results they will have the time! So let the man vent and complain ! We at least deserve that after all this wait. 

Guess at the coming months we can't expect much from Dr. Barghouthi except from new trial announcement.

Meanwhile Dr. Bloxham will hit 6 months in 10 days, enough to tell if vert worked or not. Hope @Fox243 and other guys who have contact with him will be able to reach out.

Edited by Nikoni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatchpt said:

If you don’t think mass emailing doctors will be useful, at least volunteer to help with coming up with new ideas and such to increase regeneration. Read through papers to help theorize optimal doses, injection techniques, etc. There’s so many variables to tinker with to learn about instead of complaining. 

And there is data – very detailed FUE data in fact with biopsy counts and good quality pictures. 

44 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Guess at the coming months we can't expect much from Dr. Barghouthi except from new trial announcement.

Meanwhile Dr. Bloxham will hit 6 months in 10 days, enough to tell if vert worked or not. Hope @Fox243 and other guys who have contact with him will be able to reach out.

I will contact him at the 6 month mark and share what I am able.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

If you don’t think mass emailing doctors will be useful, at least volunteer to help with coming up with new ideas and such to increase regeneration. Read through papers to help theorize optimal doses, injection techniques, etc. There’s so many variables to tinker with to learn about instead of complaining. 

And there is data – very detailed FUE data in fact with biopsy counts and good quality pictures. 

There are 2 obstacles for adoption by Drs:

1. High risk - can only be mitigated by solid proof vert work . And The word theorize is the main problem here, none of us are scientists and most of us Cant comprehend a scientific paper. best we can do is read the abstract and the results sections or at least me.

2. Credible and reliable Vert supply - I proposed you and your DAO folks find a way to either produce it , or buy it as powder/compound it , partner with a Chinese supplier and white label it … you disregarded the idea. i dont know what you can do but if you fix the supply issue at least we can tell Dr lsn not only you have my full consent if things goes wrong (removing the risk) but I know how you can source the thing,  All we need from you is your skills to do the FUE/FUT  and follow the documentation/dose

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gatchpt said:

There are 2 obstacles for adoption by Drs:

1. High risk - can only be mitigated by solid proof vert work . And The word theorize is the main problem here, none of us are scientists and most of us Cant comprehend a scientific paper. best we can do is read the abstract and the results sections or at least me.

2. Credible and reliable Vert supply - I proposed you and your DAO folks find a way to either produce it , or buy it as powder/compound it , partner with a Chinese supplier and white label it … you disregarded the idea. i dont know what you can do but if you fix the supply issue at least we can tell Dr lsn not only you have my full consent if things goes wrong (removing the risk) but I know how you can source the thing,  All we need from you is your skills to do the FUE/FUT  and follow the documentation/dose

I think "most of us Cant comprehend a scientific paper. best we can do is read the abstract and the results sections or at least me." is an excuse tbh. I'm the one who worked out the doses to try out from extrapolating from mice studies, despite having taken 0 courses in biology. It all depends on one's self drive to learn and solve your own problems, rather than relying on someone else. These doctors are already so busy with their day practice and even coordinating the whole verteporfin trial that they may not be able to become experts in the science, but that's where we can help.

Regarding the credible and reliable vert supply, that is something the community can be doing. I, for example, emailed around 150 pharmacies in the US and am in talks of getting one to be reliable, but it may fail. I don't see why other can't do what I am doing.

Edited by Fox243

3 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think "most of us Cant comprehend a scientific paper. best we can do is read the abstract and the results sections or at least me." is an excuse tbh. I'm the one who worked out the doses to try out from extrapolating from mice studies, despite having taken 0 courses in biology. It all depends on one's self drive to learn and solve your own problems, rather than relying on someone else. These doctors are already so busy with their day practice and even coordinating the whole verteporfin trial that they may not be able to become experts in the science, but that's where we can help.

Regarding the credible and reliable vert supply, that is something the community can be doing. I, for example, emailed around 150 pharmacies in the US and am in talks of getting one to be reliable, but it may fail. I don't see why other can't do what I am doing.

Do you think 0.4 is the optimal dose? Is it possible that higher doses could have an inverse effect similar to LLT? 

5 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Exactly the community with the help of doctors and Melvin got us to this point. 

10 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

Do you think 0.4 is the optimal dose? Is it possible that higher doses could have an inverse effect similar to LLT? 

I think 0.4 is close to the optimal dose. Yes, as shown in the mice and pig study, higher doses could cause detrimental effects. It's likely not because we are inhibiting YAP too much, rather verteporfin itself has some negative off-target effects that likely outweigh the YAP inhibition at higher doses. Ideally, if we had a purer YAP inhibitor, we'd get better results.

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think 0.4 is close to the optimal dose. Yes, as shown in the mice and pig study, higher doses could cause detrimental effects. It's likely not because we are inhibiting YAP too much, rather verteporfin itself has some negative off-target effects that likely outweigh the YAP inhibition at higher doses. Ideally, if we had a purer YAP inhibitor, we'd get better results.

@Fox243 thank you for your efforts, you deserve a lot of credit alongside with Dr Bs.

What do you think of this result ?
https://www.realself.com/review/scarless-after-verteporfin-injected-scar-revision

• Like 1

• Administrators

Plans to move this thread. 

Since this thread is about a potential hair loss drug, the community has voiced their desire to move out of the hair transplant review section and instead to the “hair loss drugs” section. How do you all feel about that?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, sansi said:

@Fox243 thank you for your efforts, you deserve a lot of credit alongside with Dr Bs.

What do you think of this result ?
https://www.realself.com/review/scarless-after-verteporfin-injected-scar-revision

Thanks – anyways, I don’t care about the credit which is why I stay anon. I just hope that more of the community can help take actionable steps so we can get our hair back. People like Melvin and me only have so much time. 

I think the result is interesting, but not something I give much credibility to just because there’s too many uncontrolled variables. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thread moved to “hair loss drugs” section. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thread moved to “hair loss drugs” section. 

My main concern is people may not realize it’s been moved and therefore not be able to find the thread. Perhaps we put out an announcement it’s been moved? 

Edited by Fox243

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

My main concern is people may not realize it’s been moved and therefore not be able to find the thread. Perhaps we put out an announcement it’s been moved? 

Sure, I will announce it in the other sub-section.

• Like 2

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Plans to move this thread. 

Since this thread is about a potential hair loss drug, the community has voiced their desire to move out of the hair transplant review section and instead to the “hair loss drugs” section. How do you all feel about that?

Verteporfin is very relevant to HTs so I would leave it here. 

3 hours ago, hair_forever said:

If up to now we have talked about Vetrophilin for HT, why are we now moving it to anti-hair loss drugs?

Maybe the discussion is having an impact 💰on hair transplant procedures facilitated by this network/website as majority of us are postponing our procedures until we know vert works. 

This thread was moved simply because it doesn't belong in the "hair transplant reviews" section. "Hair transplant reviews" section is about showcasing hair transplant results. Not an experimental drug for hair follicle regeneration primarily at the donor site.

Verteporfin is a drug that will (potentially) help regenerate hair in the donor site and/or the scalp in general. It is not a hair transplant, it is a drug used during a hair transplant. it doesn't have an impact on the transplant per se. That's why it was moved.

I don't think it will have an impact on the profits generated by the hair transplant industry. It will only expand the profit pool.

• Like 3

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Administrators

I moved this because of the yearly suggestion posted here:

If you have a good counter argument as to why it should stay in hair transplant review section I’m all ears. @Chrisno is correct. Verteporfin will only help the industry, not harm it.

View my thread