Finally did it! All respect to dr. Bicer and the team

Snow

Hello everyone, I had my ht last week on 16th of july with Dr. Bicer!

About me: Im 28 of age and have diffust hair. It started when I was in my 19 where i could see that my temples was shedding slightly, but not at all aggressively or big - this is common in our familly both for men and women, but I was very complex about it, so I went to a cheap and bad clinic who took to many graft for such a little place to cover, and almost no regrowth. I was young, stupid and didnt Think twice. However I had really thick hair, hence i could cover it with my long hair. After some time it bothers me again and i start on topical minoxidile, worked perfectly, but I wasnt only using it on my temples but all over the head..

now to the nightmare.. I stopped minoxidil more than 2 years ago, and it definitely took more hair than it would have done if I didnt use it. I believe this was the reason why I became this diffuse, I mean my dad is 70 and still have a lot, my brother besides his temples have almost afro hair..

So I decided to go with buzz cut. Still bothered me, it was easy to see that I had lack of hair - but I believe im not loosing hair anymore( havent notice since the shedding fase after stopping minoxdile).

after some time I decided to undergo a smp, damn that gave some illusions! I could grow hair a bit longer and I liked the look very much. But after a year, I missed my old long hair, hence I started to explore and did research - you guys gave me so much and I ended with Dr.Bicer!

Surgery: It’s very clear for me how professional the team is! I mean now that I have had an ht before its easy to see the difference.

They are very kind and always asking how Im doing, even now after my surgery! 

After we did the paper work and photos, we began!

Dr.Bicer told me that I was a very difficult client, now that i have had an bad ht before, smp and my age! She said that she have to be conservative about my hair and graft. Nevertheless I’m happy where im right now, the result looks great and can’t wait for the real result in some months! If I dont loose more of my native hair,  I will be all good as it’s, but of course with my age nothing is for sure, even if i believe there’s no more hair falling of since minoxidile.

I really want to start on finasteride but I won’t start before I have had my second child.. Im convinced that it Will help me and give me more dense hair, but not worth the risk right now for me..

I have heard of oral minoxilde, but its not possible to get it in tablets here in Denmark, anyone have an clue about how to get it ? And not from some random sides, thanks in advance.

I will add pictures just before the surgery and from day 3 after surgery.

let me hear what you think fellas! I appreciate every comment! 

Best regards 

5E44A15C-D76E-4334-ABA1-F4ADEE007D80.jpeg

AB9BA368-CBFA-40F9-9C89-7C18C736BF70.jpeg

4C605B6D-3C55-49A5-A3EC-2C88E2F2EC4B.jpeg

F3ACAE11-1259-4158-95C9-4289B8153B20.jpeg

601D2994-5D7A-4A5C-9BA1-9C4EC7F7D3DC.jpeg

1A29ED35-D5DA-4D53-9544-15615AE34240.jpeg

06D40A0E-2B2E-4BF5-9749-BD4556C5F5CF.jpeg

Edited by Snow
Grammatic
  • Like 2

Good choice! Bicer is easily Turkey's best right now, I feel. I think this go will get you a great hairline imo, but keep in mind you'll probably need another surgery for the crown and maybe to fill in frontal third based on the level of loss. Diffuse thinning is a pain in the ass but you did good this time around man.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Congratulations @Snow. You have not only picked who I believe to be the best in Turkey but a world wide top ranked surgeon. In many ways you remind me of myself. I was butchered very young (at 18) and after wearing a hair piece for many years had SMP. But like yourself I wanted my hair back if it was possible. I look forward to following your results and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Congratulations man, very happy for you. Dr. Bicer is an excellent choice 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Z-- said:

Good choice! Bicer is easily Turkey's best right now, I feel. I think this go will get you a great hairline imo, but keep in mind you'll probably need another surgery for the crown and maybe to fill in frontal third based on the level of loss. Diffuse thinning is a pain in the ass but you did good this time around man.

Thank you fella, appreciate it! Hopefully i Will have Long and enough hair to cover it for a while, maybe when i find out where to get minoxdile in tablets.

cheers mate

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Congratulations @Snow. You have not only picked who I believe to be the best in Turkey but a world wide top ranked surgeon. In many ways you remind me of myself. I was butchered very young (at 18) and after wearing a hair piece for many years had SMP. But like yourself I wanted my hair back if it was possible. I look forward to following your results and thanks for sharing!

Hi gatsby!! Have been reading great answers from you! 
yeah you know, make up for men is hair and beard, so if possible, we Will get it back! I still hope that this round Will be good enough to cover and give a more dense look when growing it long - for a while. Are you on any kind of meds? 

cheers !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Congratulations man, very happy for you. Dr. Bicer is an excellent choice 👏🏼

Hi Melvin! 

Appreciate it! All fingers crossed🤞

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi gatsby!! Have been reading great answers from you! 
yeah you know, make up for men is hair and beard, so if possible, we Will get it back! I still hope that this round Will be good enough to cover and give a more dense look when growing it long - for a while. Are you on any kind of meds? 

cheers !

I was on oral Finasteride twice. Unfortunately both times led to sexual side effects. I’m currently taking minoxidil. All the best!

• Like 1

Day 12 Update:

All the scabs came off cleanly in the shower and now I have hair! I really hope that once im over the shedding fase - i will regrowth as the hair is now,  i love how it looks now! 

thank you all for your positive vibes🤞😄

51E931D8-F396-4137-95C3-5E9794037E02.jpeg

C12A0579-AFD4-447B-9F54-F84528959935.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Smithy- said:

Looks clean. Have booked in with Bicer next year 👍🏻

Nice! Enjoy your journey! She is very kind and professional!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I’ll do the one month Update tomorrow, but i just observed some native hair growing all over the head. Can i count on them? Like will they grow? They are small compared to my other hairs, but if they grow more i will get so much more dense hair. Dont know why they are popping up since im not on any meds, just changed diet and quited smoking Shisha.

I hope you see and understand what im saying😅

best regards

4BBD3309-BF2D-470E-A3B3-62B9C4C0121E.jpeg

It's looking good man. Your implanted hair will normally go through several cycles before it grows into final, 'strong' hair, so don't panic if you see it all shed. The normal trajectory of an HT is that you get a preview once the scabs come off, then around months 2-3 you go full ugly duckling : all transplanted hair sheds, maybe some of your own hair sheds due to shock loss (temporarily, again, don't panic) and you look balder than ever. It's bandanna time. 

Then at around Month 4, you start getting some slow proper growth and by Month 6, you can usually tell where things are headed. Month 8 will show you about 80% of the result.

Now there's a very small percentage of people (around 5%) whose transplanted hair just keeps growing and they never go ugly duckling. There's no widely available scientific explanation for that but if you are one of the lucky few, also consider buying a lottery ticket, your odds are good. 

So far so good, looking forward to your progress!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

It's looking good man. Your implanted hair will normally go through several cycles before it grows into final, 'strong' hair, so don't panic if you see it all shed. The normal trajectory of an HT is that you get a preview once the scabs come off, then around months 2-3 you go full ugly duckling : all transplanted hair sheds, maybe some of your own hair sheds due to shock loss (temporarily, again, don't panic) and you look balder than ever. It's bandanna time. 

Then at around Month 4, you start getting some slow proper growth and by Month 6, you can usually tell where things are headed. Month 8 will show you about 80% of the result.

Now there's a very small percentage of people (around 5%) whose transplanted hair just keeps growing and they never go ugly duckling. There's no widely available scientific explanation for that but if you are one of the lucky few, also consider buying a lottery ticket, your odds are good. 

So far so good, looking forward to your progress!

Hi mate! 

thank you for your message!

Maybe i wasnt that clear😅 its not the transplanted hair that im talking about, they are still there and actually I wanted to mention it when im doing the “1 month update” that i only have shedded slightly, I’ll guess 30 percentage of the hair that I have transplanted is shedded, i still have a lot of the transplanted hair back, but i mean its only 1 month now, so there’s still some time for shedding i guess. 

the hair that i was talking about is from the crown, there is so many small hairs popping up, and its not from the transplanted area, so I was just wondering if i could count on Them to grow? Cause then i Will get much more dense hair than pre surgery. 

best regards 

If you are using minox, maybe the hairs are growing because of that?

Otherwise, it'd be really strange indeed. I've read that doing an HT can sometimes cause some major changes in the way the bloodstream is directed across hair follicles, so new growth may be a happy side-effect of that but really, it's anybody's guess what'll happen to those now :D

PS Also possible that if you had experienced tellogen effluvium before or had temporary hair loss due to stress or lack of vitamins, you are seeing some healthy hair come back. 

Edited by StillAlive

3 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

If you are using minox, maybe the hairs are growing because of that?

Otherwise, it'd be really strange indeed. I've read that doing an HT can sometimes cause some major changes in the way the bloodstream is directed across hair follicles, so new growth may be a happy side-effect of that but really, it's anybody's guess what'll happen to those now :D

PS Also possible that if you had experienced tellogen effluvium before or had temporary hair loss due to stress or lack of vitamins, you are seeing some healthy hair come back. 

Oh bro, that would be amazing! I really wish that is something to do with me! Only time will show then!

Im not on minoxidile nor any other meds, I changed diet and quit smoking shisha. Just crossing fingers for an great illusion of dense hair 😀

best regards 

1 month update:

Hi everyone,

everything going as planned i guess, im having shock loss but will cut the hairs where i havent have had hair transplant ( just my sides ) next week, so i think it’s ok. 

I didnt shed the first 3 weeks but this week im seeing more and more hair coming of, but slightly, I will guess 40/50 percentage of the transplanted hair had shedded but not more maybe less, difficult to estimate, i just see a lot of the hair transplant is still there.

as in one of my previous comments, I noticed that small hairs are popping up (not the transplanted area) besides the Long hair, hopefully its hair that i can count on to grow the next couple of months. Next update will be 2 month mark.

br

9772BAF0-7750-4383-A2C6-4764567C05B9.jpeg

D85A7055-657F-461D-AB55-4CAA45A9AEFB.jpeg

42DF2901-44AF-4C3A-8C82-103261580913.jpeg

568E0AF0-0309-4BCF-A74F-D9CCA0F9F6E8.jpeg

A5E76766-7A1F-4299-A8D7-8239B770FBE7.jpeg

Edited by Snow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SeanToman said:

This is going to be a great result!

Hi Sean!

i really hope so! Give me some of your results 😂