Concerned about Hasson and Wong's 2.5% topical fin

I wasn't a huge fan of oral fin, so I wanted to try H&W's topical formulation. However, I noticed that it's a 2.5% formula. That means that there's 25 mg worth of fin per 1 ml. Even though there's liposomes and other ingredients, I'm very scared putting 25 mg of fin on my body when 5 mg has been the highest tested orally through clinical trials. Hasson's trials showed that their topical is safe, but it's such a large amount of fin and only one trial that I'm not sure if I can be comfortable with it. Would they be willing to release a 0.025% version as well?

Edited by trynagetaHT

• Administrators
2 hours ago, trynagetaHT said:

I wasn't a huge fan of oral fin, so I wanted to try H&W's topical formulation. However, I noticed that it's a 2.5% formula. That means that there's 25 mg worth of fin per 1 ml. Even though there's liposomes and other ingredients, I'm very scared putting 25 mg of fin on my body when 5 mg has been the highest tested orally through clinical trials. Hasson's trials showed that their topical is safe, but it's such a large amount of fin and only one trial that I'm not sure if I can be comfortable with it. Would they be willing to release a 0.025% version as well?

Let me tag @XYON Health we’ll be launching a Q&A thread with Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone. In short, because of the siloxysystem mesh delivery system. The drug stays on the scalp, it isn’t absorbed systemically. The reduction in serum DHT is equivalent to 0.01% topical fin, but much more effective (per studies). 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Let me tag @XYON Health we’ll be launching a Q&A thread with Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone. In short, because of the siloxysystem mesh delivery system. The drug stays on the scalp, it isn’t absorbed systemically. The reduction in serum DHT is equivalent to 0.01% topical fin, but much more effective (per studies). 

So would they be able to do a 0.00% systemical absorbtion, with less then 25mgFIN/ml? I think this would be the thing that people are screaming for. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, didu911 said:

So would they be able to do a 0.00% systemical absorbtion, with less then 25mgFIN/ml? I think this would be the thing that people are screaming for. 

I asked Dr. Hasson, they toyed with the idea of doing 1% but they saw the best results with 2.5% and there were no reported side effects out of 700. That said, one solution would be to use it 3x per week instead of daily. I think systemic reduction would be like 10%

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, trynagetaHT said:

Hi trynagetaHT,

The concentration of finasteride that Dr. Hasson found most effective and with good tolerability in his clinical experience when using SiloxysSystem™ gel, was 2.5%. He also showed in PK or pharmacokinetic studies that 2.5% finasteride in SiloxysSystem™ gel, resulted in markedly lower systemic/blood finasteride levels compared with oral 1mg finasteride.

SiloxysSystem™ gel was specifically designed to allow doctors and pharmacies to deliver medicines such as finasteride to the skin or scalp. The silicone-based gel results in a timed-release effect that means more of the active ingredient reaches the skin/scalp and less enters the systemic circulation/bloodstream.

As part of the consultation process, XYON will connect you with an independent dermatologist who will determine your eligibility for a prescription and advise you on the appropriate dosage. We encourage you to speak further with your dermatologist about the concentration and dosing of finasteride in SiloxysSystem™ gel.

Regards,

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, didu911 said:

Agreed. I would love to use this product at a lower concentration that doesn't affect serum DHT in any meaningful way, even if the results aren't quite as great. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, XYON Health said:

Hi trynagetaHT,

The concentration of finasteride that Dr. Hasson found most effective and with good tolerability in his clinical experience when using SiloxysSystem™ gel, was 2.5%. He also showed in PK or pharmacokinetic studies that 2.5% finasteride in SiloxysSystem™ gel, resulted in markedly lower systemic/blood finasteride levels compared with oral 1mg finasteride.

SiloxysSystem™ gel was specifically designed to allow doctors and pharmacies to deliver medicines such as finasteride to the skin or scalp. The silicone-based gel results in a timed-release effect that means more of the active ingredient reaches the skin/scalp and less enters the systemic circulation/bloodstream.

As part of the consultation process, XYON will connect you with an independent dermatologist who will determine your eligibility for a prescription and advise you on the appropriate dosage. We encourage you to speak further with your dermatologist about the concentration and dosing of finasteride in SiloxysSystem™ gel.

Regards,

Any chance of releasing products with lower concentrations in the future? I understand the 2.5% was shown to be the most effective but if someone were to experience side effects it would be nice to have an option that has even lower concentration/systemic absorption.