Need advice 26 year old with a norwood 5-6 type hair loss

Hi, im looking to get advice on how to proceed for my hair transplant future.

i have never used finasteride/Minoxidil before but i will start using it very soon.

I have spoken to some doctors in the past year and this is what they said

Dr Jerry Wong : FUT 4000 grafts 20k CAD

Dr Ozlem Bicer : declined me because i was too young and should wait until im 30 years old to do a hair transplant to see future hair loss.

Dr Asmed Erdogan : FUE 4000-5000 grafts 12.5k euro (option with more involvement from Dr) or 8.5k euro (with less involvement)

HLC clinic Turkey: FUE 4500 grafts 15.5k euro

Dr Felipe Pittella : FUE 8500 grafts giga-session 32k usd (Dr full involvement) 

or 25.5k usd (less involvement) 

or 17k usd (even less involvement)

I have big of area to cover, a hair transplant will not be cheap for my case so im trying to save as much as i can but i still want good results.

i understand that 2 or 3 hair transplants will be needed for the future. I feel that around 7000 grafts is needed for my current state, but when i grow older i think an extra 3000 should be needed also.

Body hair transplant will probably be needed. luckily i have really good beard/chest donor.

I boiled it down to HLC or Asmed Clinic because i feel that’s where i can get the best HT for the price. but im open to advice on other clinics that you can recommend.

Should i start out with an FUT to maximize my grafts or do you think that some clinics are capable of doing the same work with FUE? I really dont like the idea of a scar in the back of my head but i’ll highly consider it if i can get more grafts for my future. and any recommendations for FUT clinics?

Im looking on advice on how to proceed and if going with Asmed Clinic is a good idea since people label it as a “hair mill” or to pay a little more and go with HLC. 

Thanks you!

26B24449-0D1B-42CD-BF52-B960D8EBF67E.jpeg

5D672E6D-18BD-4D60-881C-5EB3479FC12D.jpeg

378851A7-368A-4319-B49B-68DBAEA8683F.jpeg

CD357536-F3D5-49E5-992D-3B325B22C719.jpeg

B4F121CA-60C4-4010-9709-00B835B76D7D.jpeg

4F99BBE5-8A35-4756-91BA-78E27D297B10.jpeg

• Administrators

How old are you? You have some good names. For cases like yours, out of the names you gave Pittella and Wong are the best IMO. My suggestion is don't get an HT. Get on medication for a year and they re-evaluate. It might be much cheaper if you get significant regrowth. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First of all, never go to ASMED. 

Unfortunately, they are a hairmill clinic and they were removed from this forum's recommendations many years ago.  Browse the forum and do your research carefully. They have plenty of poor results and they show very poor ethics. You don't wanna become of the botched guys. 

HLC is certainly better than ASMED.  For sure. They don't let techs and nurses touch patients and they are more focused. 

I've seen cases and stories that made me change my opinion about them although they were not nearly as bad as ASMED's botchs.   Also I don't think they would necessarily be the best option for advanced Norwoods. 

Bicer has excellent post op care. One of the best in the industry. One of the very rare doctors who doesn't just care about your money. She does solid work. She is probably the best option in Turkey right now but she does not specialize in advanced Norwoods either...She is good if you are on a budget. But if you are Nw 5-6 then  her work is not comparable to Zarev's. 

If your goal is to "just get a decent hairline" then Bicer Fuecapilar are your safest bets in Turkey. Pekiner and Keser are a bit more expensive but they hardly ever take on Nw 5 guys. 

If your goal is to get as close as possible to a full head of hair then forget about Turkey completely !

Look into Hattingen for FUT. They are excellent for FUT high norwoods. Murseanu is worldclass. Very clean, ethical and excellent survival rates. 

Or for FUE  Zarev, Sethi, Pitella. They are the best in the world for High Norwood classes. 

I believe Pinto, Couto, Freitas, Ferreira, Ximena, Wong have also achieved good results on Nw 5-6 patients. They are the best in my opinion for FUE

Edited by Legal action and refund
  • Like 1

I would probably talk with Ferreira, Lorenzo and Zarev if I were you.

Keep in mind that you cant have an ht without finasteride and the doctors above will probably tell you the same.

Edited by JimKan1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

Keep in mind that you cant have an ht without finasteride and the doctors above will probably tell you the same.

Plenty of people have a transplant without finasteride, so let's not say you cant when in fact a large portion of people do , just that have to be mindful that the donor hairs could miniaturize eventually as the donor while  dht resistant is not dht proof. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Legal action and refund said:

First of all, never go to ASMED. 

Unfortunately, they are a hairmill clinic and they were removed from this forum's recommendations many years ago.  Browse the forum and do your research carefully. They have plenty of poor results and they show very poor ethics. You don't wanna become of the botched guys. 

HLC is certainly better than ASMED.  For sure. They don't let techs and nurses touch patients and they are more focused. 

I've seen cases and stories that made me change my opinion about them although they were not nearly as bad as ASMED's botchs.   Also I don't think they would necessarily be the best option for advanced Norwoods. 

Bicer has excellent post op care. One of the best in the industry. One of the very rare doctors who doesn't just care about your money. She does solid work. She is probably the best option in Turkey right now but she does not specialize in advanced Norwoods either...She is good if you are on a budget. But if you are Nw 5-6 then  her work is not comparable to Zarev's. 

If your goal is to "just get a decent hairline" then Bicer Fuecapilar are your safest bets in Turkey. Pekiner and Keser are a bit more expensive but they hardly ever take on Nw 5 guys. 

If your goal is to get as close as possible to a full head of hair then forget about Turkey completely !

Look into Hattingen for FUT. They are excellent for FUT high norwoods. Murseanu is worldclass. Very clean, ethical and excellent survival rates. 

Or for FUE  Zarev, Sethi, Pitella. They are the best in the world for High Norwood classes. 

I believe Pinto, Couto, Freitas, Ferreira, Ximena, Wong have also achieved good results on Nw 5-6 patients. They are the best in my opinion for FUE

how much do hattingen charge per graft for fue, I heard about them, are they siblings the two doctors 

Edited by sukh123

4 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

They are husband and wife 

Last time i checked it was 3.45 for FUT and 4.30 for FUE

Oh i see , yeh man i just saw some incredible result for fut from them from a guy called gradina22, Are they any good you think for fue, I would always go for bisanga and freitas in europe but just curious about them? 

Just now, sukh123 said:

Oh i see , yeh man i just saw some incredible result for fut from them from a guy called gradina22, Are they any good you think for fue, I would always go for bisanga and freitas in europe but just curious about them? 

They are probably the best for FUT in Europe.  I think they are comparable to Hasson & Wong for FUT quality. 

They are good for FUE too. Never seen a bad result from them in years. But if we are talking FUE specifically then Bisanga and Freitas are more experienced and have a better track record.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Plenty of people have a transplant without finasteride, so let's not say you cant when in fact a large portion of people do , just that have to be mindful that the donor hairs could miniaturize eventually as the donor while  dht resistant is not dht proof. 

The bigest problem with having an ht without finasteride isnt the donor miniaturization but the ongoing receeding on the top

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, JimKan1 said:

The bigest problem with having an ht without finasteride isnt the donor miniaturization but the ongoing receeding on the top

Actually in all honesty this isn't true. I am trying to protect my donor as much as my transplanted hair. I'm 55 and I care about my hair now as much as I always have. The myth that you won't worry about your hair when you are 40, 50, etc when you are young is exactly that. Just a myth. As I too cannot tolerate finasteride after several attempts orally I will at some point hopefully soon be trying finasteride topically. The problem is that I will be using it all over my scalp! This is the advantage of finasteride in the oral form. It works on all of your hair. Not just a topical targeted area.

5 minutes ago, JimKan1 said:

Yeh which is why you will have to get more transplants to cover those hairs. But my point was that you said you "cant get a hair transplant" without fin, the fact is you can and many do , but without fin there is significant drawbacks and you have to be mindful of that . Everyone's case is different,  a nw2 at 30 + will probably be able to get away with not taking it if he just requires subtle hairline restoration 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

This is why I am a big fan of utilizing your beard donor with a surgeon who knows how to work with beard grafts. Look at @Zoomster and @Melvin- Moderator and myself. In my case there was no way I would have been been able to have had a hair transplant (especially with all of my challenges, etc). I know I rave on a lot about Eugenix but for myself there is a reason. Eugenix is another option to look at as your beard looks very good and if you use this for additional grafts it will take the pressure of the scalp donor area. All the best!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Yeh which is why you will have to get more transplants to cover those hairs. But my point was that you said you "cant get a hair transplant" without fin, the fact is you can and many do , but without fin there is significant drawbacks and you have to be mindful of that . Everyone's case is different,  a nw2 at 30 + will probably be able to get away with not taking it if he just requires subtle hairline restoration 

Agreed

Just now, Gatsby said:

This is why I am a big fan of utilizing your beard donor with a surgeon who knows how to work with beard grafts. Look at @Zoomster and @Melvin- Moderator and myself. In my case there was no way I would have been been able to have had a hair transplant (especially with all of my challenges, etc). I know I rave on a lot about Eugenix but for myself there is a reason. Eugenix is another option to look at as your beard looks very good and if you use this for additional grafts it will take the pressure of the scalp donor area. All the best!

Beard donor is a very good option but not for everyone, look at this case for example

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Yes quite right @JimKan1. You need beard hair that is a good match with your native hair. Both zoomster and Melvin's beard hair are a perfect match. Also you may have to dye your hair for life if your beard is a different color to your scalp hair. My hair is curly and so is my beard. So far at six months so good. However I will have to dye my hair as my beard hair is white and my scalp hair is still mostly medium brown. I will be posting up my six month results this week so people can see how the 4,500 beard grafts look so far at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

Yes quite right @JimKan1. You need beard hair that is a good match with your native hair. Both zoomster and Melvin's beard hair are a perfect match. Also you may have to dye your hair for life if your beard is a different color to your scalp hair. My hair is curly and so is my beard. So far at six months so good. However I will have to dye my hair as my beard hair is white and my scalp hair is still mostly medium brown. I will be posting up my six month results this week so people can see how the 4,500 beard grafts look so far at this stage.

Looking forward to your update ✌️

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

I Agree except for Lorenzo ! 

Lorenzo is a hairmill. Don't be fooled by his youtube videos. 

4-5 patients a day, minimal involvement during surgery, outsources the work to young girls...  

• Like 1

And yeah be careful with beard hairs on scalp. 

Sometimes it looks excellent but sometimes it looks like total crap and doesn't blend very well. 

TrackRat has a negative experience with Eugenix. 

There was a guy by the name of Bryan Chambers who had a similar issue with HLC. 

So yeah beard hairs are good for the most part but it's tricky  

Edited by Legal action and refund

16 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

I Agree except for Lorenzo ! 

Lorenzo is a hairmill. Don't be fooled by his youtube videos. 

4-5 patients a day, minimal involvement during surgery, outsources the work to young girls...  

Are you serious?

I have seen countless independent cases from Lorenzo and all of them are top level

Just now, JimKan1 said:

Are you serious?

I have seen countless independent cases from Lorenzo and all of them are top level

Dead serious bro. 

He himself used to be an excellent surgeon but he's chosen quantity over quality. 

Never seen a lot of independant reviews from him to be honest. 

Only his own videos on youtube. 

I think Freitas, Couto, Pinto, Ferreira, Ximena are better options than Lorenzo. At least for the moment. 

That said, he does have some amazing results and repairs on his youtube but 5$ per graft is lot considering he spends 10min with you at best and you're getting operated on by 25-year old girls...

Just now, Legal action and refund said:

Dead serious bro. 

He himself used to be an excellent surgeon but he's chosen quantity over quality. 

Never seen a lot of independant reviews from him to be honest. 

Only his own videos on youtube. 

I think Freitas, Couto, Pinto, Ferreira, Ximena are better options than Lorenzo. At least for the moment. 

That said, he does have some amazing results and repairs on his youtube but 5$ per graft is lot considering he spends 10min with you at best and you're getting operated on by 25-year old girls...

He doesn't spend 10 minutes with you and I don’t know who told you that or where you heard that, in his clinic the extractions are done manually by his nurses and all the grafts are put by Lorenzo himself with implanters, in the Spanish and Greek forums you can see countless Lorenzo surgeries and judge for yourself

6 minutes ago, JimKan1 said:

He doesn't spend 10 minutes with you and I don’t know who told you that or where you heard that, in his clinic the extractions are done manually by his nurses and all the grafts are put by Lorenzo himself with implanters, in the Spanish and Greek forums you can see countless Lorenzo surgeries and judge for yourself

Sadly bro he is hairmill. 

Message me in private

Greetings of the day,

You look more like a NW6 and I would advise you to start finasteride as soon as possible. Donor area looks okay, it will improve more with medication. Eugenix has been successfully giving quality results, especially with NW6 & NW7. We have different packages available and for more details you can send me a personal message and I will be happy to assist you. 

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science