Is this normal with scabbing, Day 10?

Heya, on day 10 so far, everythings look good, was told to gentley wash my scalp, with a small cotton gauze after soaking the scabs, just wondering if this is a graft that never took, or if its just the distal end of the hair shaft?

No bleeding what so ever, or bumps or scratches etc.

hair.png

This is considered normal (at least in theory...) 

At 10 days and if there was no bleeding this is considered to be a hair shaft attached to a scab. 

Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Rassman concluded that hair follicles cannot be removed after 10 days no matter if you pull on a scab. 

Now the outcome of a hair transplant  the survival rate and stuff are always highly unpredictable. Fingers crossed and wait 6 months. 

Good luck and all the best. 

11 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

This is considered normal (at least in theory...) 

At 10 days and if there was no bleeding this is considered to be a hair shaft attached to a scab. 

Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Rassman concluded that hair follicles cannot be removed after 10 days no matter if you pull on a scab. 

Now the outcome of a hair transplant  the survival rate and stuff are always highly unpredictable. Fingers crossed and wait 6 months. 

Good luck and all the best. 

I think you should be the moderator of this website tbh

32 minutes ago, sukh123 said:
44 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

I think you should be the moderator of this website tbh

I thought so too, and I also told him.😜

• Administrators

Absolutely normal 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Testaccount,

All follicular units are carefully placed deeply into recipient sites and during the course of the first couple of days, the surrounding tissue of the graft creates a strong bond with the surrounding tissue of the scalp. In other words, even if for some reason if the hair follicle dies and wasn’t going to grow, it wouldn’t simply fall out.  At 10 days post op, you would need surgery to remove a transplanted hair follicle.  And you certainly know if you had lost a graft because they would be bleeding and you would feel pain.

What you are most likely seeing here is a scab with a piece of the hair that has broken off from the follicle. Rest assured however, the follicle is still deeply rooted underneath the surface of the scalp and there’s no reason to believe that is not going to row just like the others.

Long story short, try not to worry. What you were seeing is perfectly normal. This happens all the time.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

It’s not a scab, it’s a crust which is the tip of the graft above the scalp line that dries out and turns dark because it’s dead tissue.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Testaccount,

All follicular units are carefully placed deeply into recipient sites and during the course of the first couple of days, the surrounding tissue of the graft creates a strong bond with the surrounding tissue of the scalp. In other words, even if for some reason if the hair follicle dies and wasn’t going to grow, it wouldn’t simply fall out.  At 10 days post op, you would need surgery to remove a transplanted hair follicle.  And you certainly know if you had lost a graft because they would be bleeding and you would feel pain.

What you are most likely seeing here is a scab with a piece of the hair that has broken off from the follicle. Rest assured however, the follicle is still deeply rooted underneath the surface of the scalp and there’s no reason to believe that is not going to row just like the others.

Long story short, try not to worry. What you were seeing is perfectly normal. This happens all the time.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

So what exactly is that little black bulb? And what part of the actual graft is responsible for the growth of the folice because I always assumed it was the big black bulb at the end of the graft?

26 minutes ago, gillenator said:

It’s not a scab, it’s a crust which is the tip of the graft above the scalp line that dries out and turns dark because it’s dead tissue.

I was more concerned with the black bulb at the end more so than the crust