I had an FUT 3800 graft transfer to my hairline and receding corners.  Post & pre op pics attached. It looks densely packed and clean for a fresh procedure. I have fine hair so dense packing was important. 

Overall, I’m very happy. Dr Hasson was involved throughout the day which started at 7am and ended at 6:30pm. He and I agreed to shave my entire head, which was awesome (my first time) and then Hasson proposed two hairline options that he thought would match my facial features.  I chose the lower/flatter one. He performed the strip procedure that was pretty painless for those of you how are worried. 
After the strip removal they discovered they were able to get more grafts than expected as my hair is naturally dense and my hair is on the finer side. 
Hasson performed the recipient incisions which look around 45 minutes. 
The techs implanted all 3800 grafts into my hairline and receded corners. There was a lunch break and frequent stretch breaks. I was finished sometime between 6:00-6:30pm. 
Staff were kind, the process was professional and caring and I’d recommend Dr Hasson to anyone looking for a skilled surgeon. 
I’m going in later today for a hair washing and I get my staples out in 2 weeks. 
Fortunately, they provide medications for pain, sleep and infection so you’re covered going out the door. They also give you a hat, inflatable neck pillow, pillowcase covering and shampoo. Post care information is explained well and they provide a post care pamphlet with contact phone numbers. 
Another nice element to the day was I didn’t have to do it alone. The team and Dr Hasson are there for you 100%. And there was another patient getting FUE - so I had someone to bond and chat with throughout the day when we were on breaks. One of the benefits of FUT  is that it takes less time (and less reliant on techs). So my FUE friend still had hours to go as I was saying goodbye for the day. 

Photos show before and immediately after HT

Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Todd 

9EC54E2F-E00A-49CA-915E-EE817B10393B.jpeg

F65D5DC1-C1C3-44FE-A44C-2BF94EFDD116.jpeg

0B5D691A-40C9-4796-AFDE-ED96BB9EDA6A.jpeg

DD49EB6E-F9DC-48E5-BB46-30536F433A71.jpeg

58D17B57-F53D-44B3-945A-589D31C777FC.jpeg

AB3E3613-224A-46C6-9AEB-4899DCABF045.jpeg

Edited by Kent
  • Like 2

This is just my opinion but I think FUT quality is higher than FUE.  Although some doctors like Dr Hasson are getting FUE results as good as FUT. If I get any touch ups then I’ll choose FUE (so long as the harvest is under 800 grafts). 

When FUE is performed for big harvests technicians have to remove grafts outside the safer zones to avoid thinning out the back of your head. 

Depending on how my strip scar looks after healing I may ask Hasson to put some FUEs in it since hair grows well in scar tissue. But my friend who also got FUT from Hasson has a very faint line scar which you can barely see even when he wears his hair really short and tight to the scalp. 

And of course I saved myself thousands of dollars for what I consider to be a better final outcome. FUE is very labour intensive and for that reason very expensive. 

thanks,

Todd

• Like 1

I respect your decision for FUT but I would challenge the quality being better than FUE.  My results were fantastic with over 5,000 FUE grafts 10 years ago.  Best of luck.  I'm sure you will be pleased in a few months. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.