using hair products along with topical minoxidil and finasteride

currently, i use minoxidil foam in the morning all over my hair (back too)

and then in the evening apply topical fin to my hairline and minoxidil foam over the rest.

with this routine, ive been washing my hair every other day as my hair gets pretty greasy by that time.

i want to start experiencing with hair products like mousse on my hair and was wondering if it was ok to incorporate with my current routine? im scared of clogging up the hair follicles and min/fin not being as effective and experiencing a shed or something.

would washing my hair in the morning, applying min foam, waiting like an 1hr then applying mousse be ok? and then not reapplying it until the next wash day?

• Administrators

Clogged pores is a myth. As long as you wash your hair regularly. It’s not an issue. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, demezz2 said:

and then in the evening apply topical fin to my hairline and minoxidil foam over the rest.

with this routine, ive been washing my hair every other day as my hair gets pretty greasy by that time.

i want to start experiencing with hair products like mousse on my hair and was wondering if it was ok to incorporate with my current routine? im scared of clogging up the hair follicles and min/fin not being as effective and experiencing a shed or something.

would washing my hair in the morning, applying min foam, waiting like an 1hr then applying mousse be ok? and then not reapplying it until the next wash day?

I use mousse everyday too. I wash my hair every alternate day. Its okay to use products on your hair. Its not going to be an issue.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Clogged pores is a myth. As long as you wash your hair regularly. It’s not an issue. 

i wash every other day, is this ok? or should i be washing every day?

Edited by demezz2

4 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

I use mousse everyday too. I wash my hair every alternate day. Its okay to use products on your hair. Its not going to be an issue.

awesome! thank you. as far as the mousse, what’s your thoughts on it? any specific brand or styling tips?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, demezz2 said:

awesome! thank you. as far as the mousse, what’s your thoughts on it? any specific brand or styling tips?

I have curly hair so I use Loreal mousse for curls. You can style you hair as per your requirement.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Valued Contributor
On 7/13/2022 at 8:40 AM, demezz2 said:

It’s just a thought, but you may want to apply the topical Finasteride over the top of your scalp, as well as the hairline to protect the folics from DHT. I don’t know how old you are or how solid your hair is? All the best! 

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

It’s just a thought, but you may want to apply the topical Finasteride over the top of your scalp, as well as the hairline to protect the folics from DHT. I don’t know how old you are or how solid your hair is? All the best! 

oh i actually just started oral finasteride as i was considering this! i haven’t stopped using the topical fin tho because it also includes 15% minoxidil and i dont want to experience a shed and i already have 8 months worth of it but i appreciate the response!

• Like 1