Schengen Visa and sleeping angle

Two unrelated questions in one topic. Going to Madrid for HT

1. First - I am debating between applying for Schengen tourist visa vs medical visa. I think both are legit in this case. I am afraid the latter (medical) will cause some delays as they are asking for medical notes from my home country and it is unclear what they want. I do have the note from the surgeon office in Europe. Any experiences here? 

2. I am a stomach sleeper and very nervous about post-op. I would like to find a hotel with a recliner bed where I can sleep on my back at a 45 degree angle. This is what is usually recommended for the first few days. I therefore wonder how one would go about trying to find hotels that have such beds? Not sure stacking pillows can do the job as neatly. 

Niche questions but hopefully someone has some experience with either. 

• Administrators

I don’t know about the type of visa, perhaps someone in the EU can help. But as for sleeping watch this video

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

OP, you should probably check the Visa stuff out for your country but sometimes just going to a country even on a tourist visa and having it done shouldn't cause an issue. 

The sleeping position thing is imo easily resolved. Contact the hotels you're interested in and ask if they have a single seater sofa or recliner. My hotel room had one with a foot rest and i used that to sleep with post-op in an upright position. 

Thanks Melvin for the video.

It is Couto, not Lorenzo. 

Ok I will contact a hotel then. I was thinking of an Airbnb so not to have to run many people/discretion.

But I really feel like I need a recliner in addition to the airplane pillow. 

20 minutes ago, Prof101 said:

Anything wrong with Lorenzo? 

You chose wisely with couto. Lorenzo runs a mill. 4 patients per day, techs only doing extractions (now even doing implantations). He’s the priciest doctor in Spain. 

btw how did you get in so quickly with couto?

2 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

You chose wisely with couto. Lorenzo runs a mill. 4 patients per day, techs only doing extractions (now even doing implantations). He’s the priciest doctor in Spain. 

btw how did you get in so quickly with couto?

I was just lucky (if it turns out well). Managed to get a consult within 3 months and surgery date within 5 months ... 

frankly I am worried, even if he s a top doc 

25 minutes ago, Prof101 said:

I was just lucky (if it turns out well). Managed to get a consult within 3 months and surgery date within 5 months ... 

frankly I am worried, even if he s a top doc 

What date you send your enquiry to them, that’s unheard of with couto.