Hair transplant in Turkey(?)

Hi everyone! 

I'll start with saying that this forum is a real gem and that I really appreciate folks posting & moderating it so that people like me can get some insight into the topic.

What am I looking for?

It took me a lot of time and anonymous forum attendance to write this post, but I've finally reached a point, where I'd like to get some help.

Like stated in the title, I'm looking for a place in Turkey to do a hair transplant. Why Turkey? Well, I've heard some great success stories over the years and am still under impression it's a kind of goto place for such surgeries. And the obvious as well - it's just much more affordable for me than the European clinics. 

But then I don't see many people recommending it here, with some saying it's a recipe for disaster to go there. You know, I've heard several times Turkey to be the hair transplant capital of the world, so is it just great advertising they have or what is the thing here?

About me

I'm a 25, male, located in Europe and I've been losing hair since I was 18. It started with temples/front of the head. Then the crown shedding started. For the whole process I've been on and off about whether I still feel good about myself.

Current treatment

I've been using minoxidil 2x day for about 4-6 years without anything really improving (I think that maybe due to the minoxidil I have anything left on my scalp, so that is why I keep using it, also the withdrawal is intense, so I'm afraid of it)

1 month ago I started finasteride treatment - 1mg/day - I know that the results to come it'll take a year at least, but then I guess I can only(if not only to stop the process) go back in time a year/two of losing hair. Which still would not be the state I'd like to see, as 1/2 years ago I was still pretty bald already.

I'm attaching photos, the budget I was thinking is up to 5k euros20220711_152227.thumb.jpg.08dbd8f1c6084d08694e0a163c987210.jpg 20220711_152140.thumb.jpg.91032d8208ca507cafdd27a7be23e263.jpg

Edited by Dracanea_draco

Firstly the people you hear that "I had a great success in Turkey" usually stems from the fact they looked quite bald and then had a visual appearance of much more hair. There's going to be a "few things that didn't quite look as good as i thought" and those could include patchy areas on the back of their head and so forth. 

So, just due to sheer volume, pricing and marketing. Turkey has become the "Hair Transplant Capital" as it were, but once you actually educate yourself on what makes any old hair transplant and a "good" hair transplant. You'll begin to understand all the issues with Turkey for the majority of hair transplants. You'll become familiar with the term Hair Mill much more. Just to point out though, hair mills exist everywhere in the world. Including the UK, USA and Europe which like to pretend they don't have them. That's why it's so important to do research and do check your consultations with people like doctors on the forum recommended list after you had a look at patient reviews. 

You're right that Finasteride will take you a year to get good progression but it actually works much longer than that too if you respond. Combining Microneedling with a derma pen into your routine alongside Minoxidil could also do wonders for you. 

You have a healthy budget, but i would argue saving a bit more over the year or so waiting for Finasteride to help may put you in an even better position with a top clinic. 

You can go to Turkey but there's only a few reliable options you'll come across here as a suggestion. As you are in Europe, there's some really good options. 

OP, take your time because whilst you are only 25 now, the ramifications of rushing things could be with you for far longer and it's significantly harder being a repair case. 

Good luck and welcome to the community :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dracanea_draco said:

Hi everyone! 

I'll start with saying that this forum is a real gem and that I really appreciate folks posting & moderating it so that people like me can get some insight into the topic.

What am I looking for?

It took me a lot of time and anonymous forum attendance to write this post, but I've finally reached a point, where I'd like to get some help.

Like stated in the title, I'm looking for a place in Turkey to do a hair transplant. Why Turkey? Well, I've heard some great success stories over the years and am still under impression it's a kind of goto place for such surgeries. And the obvious as well - it's just much more affordable for me than the European clinics. 

But then I don't see many people recommending it here, with some saying it's a recipe for disaster to go there. You know, I've heard several times Turkey to be the hair transplant capital of the world, so is it just great advertising they have or what is the thing here?

About me

I'm a 25, male, located in Europe and I've been losing hair since I was 18. It started with temples/front of the head. Then the crown shedding started. For the whole process I've been on and off about whether I still feel good about myself.

Current treatment

I've been using minoxidil 2x day for about 4-6 years without anything really improving (I think that maybe due to the minoxidil I have anything left on my scalp, so that is why I keep using it, also the withdrawal is intense, so I'm afraid of it)

1 month ago I started finasteride treatment - 1mg/day - I know that the results to come it'll take a year at least, but then I guess I can only(if not only to stop the process) go back in time a year/two of losing hair. Which still would not be the state I'd like to see, as 1/2 years ago I was still pretty bald already.

I'm attaching photos, the budget I was thinking is up to 5k euros20220711_152227.thumb.jpg.08dbd8f1c6084d08694e0a163c987210.jpg 20220711_152140.thumb.jpg.91032d8208ca507cafdd27a7be23e263.jpg

What is your budget first of all?

46 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Firstly the people you hear that "I had a great success in Turkey" usually stems from the fact they looked quite bald and then had a visual appearance of much more hair. There's going to be a "few things that didn't quite look as good as i thought" and those could include patchy areas on the back of their head and so forth. 

So, just due to sheer volume, pricing and marketing. Turkey has become the "Hair Transplant Capital" as it were, but once you actually educate yourself on what makes any old hair transplant and a "good" hair transplant. You'll begin to understand all the issues with Turkey for the majority of hair transplants. You'll become familiar with the term Hair Mill much more. Just to point out though, hair mills exist everywhere in the world. Including the UK, USA and Europe which like to pretend they don't have them. That's why it's so important to do research and do check your consultations with people like doctors on the forum recommended list after you had a look at patient reviews. 

You're right that Finasteride will take you a year to get good progression but it actually works much longer than that too if you respond. Combining Microneedling with a derma pen into your routine alongside Minoxidil could also do wonders for you. 

You have a healthy budget, but i would argue saving a bit more over the year or so waiting for Finasteride to help may put you in an even better position with a top clinic. 

You can go to Turkey but there's only a few reliable options you'll come across here as a suggestion. As you are in Europe, there's some really good options. 

OP, take your time because whilst you are only 25 now, the ramifications of rushing things could be with you for far longer and it's significantly harder being a repair case. 

Agreed.

I would not be hasty at all, particularly in regards to being seduced by Turkish hair-mill TikTok style marketing and fake before and after pictures.

FUECapilar are a good Turkish option to start with.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Several things here 

Stay away from Turkey. Please do not become one of those thousands of  guys who get botched and destroyed each year in Turkey. 

Turkey is the land of BOTCH and your hairloss is already significant. I see a Norwood 4-5 s pattern slowly developping there. Your hair caliber seems to be rather on the thinner side and of course your donor supply is limited. In other words, you should avoid making mistakes in the first place. 

99% of clinics in Turkey are total CRAP. They'll just take your money and botch you. And if you think you can also "just shave it bro" later down the road in case of unsucessful surgery then you might discover thousands odd looking white little scars from FUE...Once you're cut you're cut.  There is no coming back. There are a few okay doctors in Turkey especially Dr. Bicer and perhaps Dr. Keser, Dr. Pekiner, Dr. Gur, Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Turan. Some of them are focused on only one patient par day and are capable of producing okay results.  However they might not be the best at treating diffuse pattern specifiacally. Trust me hair transplants are a huge deal. You wanna try to get this crap right from the first time...

I believe even the better turkish clinics are not the best in Europe. There are better options in terms of quality and consistency in Belgium, Portugal and Spain. 

Of course you wanna stay away from technician-driven clinics aka  "hairmills" such as  Cosmedica, Ilker Apaydin, SmileHair, Karadeniz, Hair of Istanbul, AsliTarcan, Hakan Doganay, Caymaz, Musbeh, EsteNove, Elithair, Dr. Cinik, Dr. Serkan etc...

You may get an excellent result but you may also a a really bad and irreversible one. Hairmills are a gamble.

So are reputable doctors but to a much lesser degree. No surgery is guaranteed. 

This is something to be aware of before mowing forward. Sometimes they hit fantastic results. Sometimes they screw you for life. 

Also even if you to a good doctor a hair transplant will never look the same as your hair when your were 18. Remember a hair transplant is only 50% of your original hair  per cm2 so it will require touch-ups, a 2nd procedure. It's a long process and it takes years and several surgeries. 

In your case I think it would take at least 2. Possibly 3 if you are looking for perfection. 

I suggest you take a look at the youtuber Hairline Confessions. It's an interesting case because he went to a notorious hairmill and got lucky and unlucky the same time. He got a fantastic result on the recipient area but got a terribly overharvested donor...

Some guys get disaster results everywhere and then have pay 10 000 dollars for a repair surgery... 

Before jumping into surgery I would rather throw a "kitchen sink" and consider Dutasteride, oral minoxidil + topical anti androgens and microneedling. Chances are you might avoid surgery if you are lucky enough. Some  diffuse thinners (not all) get enough reversal of miniaturization to the point that they have sufficient coverage to avoid surgery. Surgery is always LAST RESORT... It's gamble no matter who you go to. And you have a limited donor supply to use in your lifetime. Even the top recommended doctors have failed cases on this forum so take your time. Research, spend time on this forum, browse the whole internet, look on russian, german, italian, spanish,  french a hairloss  forums, hairloss experiences, hairlosstalk hairloss conquerors on FB, reddit, look for bad results deliberately, realself etc... Be like a CIA agent.

Also consider visiting a very good trichologist to rule out any potential rare condition such as scarring alopecia or lichen that may sabotage the result of your surgery. 

So to summarize, 

1. Get on a stronger pharmaceutical stack and give it 6 months. 

2. Research, research, research, 

3. Stay away from hairmills and manage your expectations. This is an ultramarathon unfortuanately...

The best options in Europe are 

Freitas, Pinto, Muresanu, Couto, Bisanga, Ferreira, Ximena, Mwamba, Maras 

Edited by Nurses take over
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Nurses take over said:

Hello, 

Several things here 

Stay away from Turkey. Please do not become one of those thousands of  guys who get botched and destroyed each year in Turkey. 

Turkey is the land of BOTCH and your hairloss is already significant. I see a Norwood 4-5 s pattern slowly developping there. Your hair caliber seems to be rather on the thinner side and of course your donor supply is limited. In other words, you should avoid making mistakes in the first place. 

99% of clinics in Turkey are total CRAP. They'll just take your money and botch you. And if you think you can also "just shave it bro" later down the road in case of unsucessful surgery then you might discover thousands odd looking white little scars from FUE...Once you're cut you're cut.  There is no coming back. There are a few okay doctors in Turkey especially Dr. Bicer and perhaps Dr. Keser, Dr. Pekiner, Dr. Gur, Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Turan. Some of them are focused on only one patient par day and are capable of producing okay results.  However they might not be the best at treating diffuse pattern specifiacally. Trust me hair transplants are a huge deal. You wanna try to get this crap right from the first time...

I believe even the better turkish clinics are not the best in Europe. There are better options in terms of quality and consistency in Belgium, Portugal and Spain. 

Of course you wanna stay away from technician-driven clinics aka  "hairmills" such as  Cosmedica, Ilker Apaydin, SmileHair, Karadeniz, Hair of Istanbul, AsliTarcan, Hakan Doganay, Caymaz, Musbeh, EsteNove, Elithair, Dr. Cinik, Dr. Serkan etc...

You may get an excellent result but you may also a a really bad and irreversible one. Hairmills are a gamble.

This is something to be aware of before mowing forward. Sometimes they hit fantastic results. Sometimes they screw you for life. 

Also even if you to a good doctor a hair transplant will never look the same as your hair when your were 18. Remember a hair transplant is only 50% of your original hair  per cm2 so it will require touch-ups, a 2nd procedure. It's a long process and it takes years and several surgeries. 

In your case I think it would take at least 2. Possibly 3 if you are looking for perfection. 

I suggest you take a look at the youtuber Hairline Confessions. It's an interesting case because he went to a notorious hairmill and got lucky and unlucky the same time. He got a fantastic result on the recipient area but got a terribly overharvested donor...

Some guys get disaster results everywhere and then have pay 10 000 dollars for a repair surgery... 

Before jumping into surgery I would rather throw a "kitchen sink" and consider Dutasteride, oral minoxidil + topical anti androgens and microneedling. Chances are you might avoid surgery if you are lucky enough. Some  diffuse thinners (not all) get enough reversal of miniaturization to the point that they have sufficient coverage to avoid surgery. Surgery is always LAST RESORT... It's gamble no matter who you go to. And you have a limited donor supply to use in your lifetime. Even the top recommended doctors have failed cases on this forum so take your time. Research, spend time on this forum, browse the whole internet, look on russian, german, italian, spanish,  french a hairloss  forums, hairloss experiences, hairlosstalk hairloss conquerors on FB, reddit, look for bad results deliberately, realself etc... Be like a CIA agent.

Also consider visiting a very good trichologist to rule out any potential rare condition such as scarring alopecia or lichen that may sabotage the result of your surgery. 

So to summarize, 

3. Stay away from hairmills and manage your expectations. This is an ultramarathon unfortuanately...

Honeslty who are you in all seriousness , you written a whole thesis lol.

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi @Dracanea_draco 

Right now, you are in the best position you can be because he haven't got any surgery yet, meaning your donor area is completely full and  unharmed.. ready until you finally make your decision to trust it with the right doctor. Your frontal zone is completely gone which will definitely require transplant but the remaining hairs in midscalp and crown are thinning slowly which will benefit from oral medication.. Since you are taking Fin, if I were you I would give Finasteride 8 months and see if it helps you or slows down progression. It will give you time to settle out on a doctor, and you will be able to save up more than 5k euros for a much better clinic and a satisfying natural result!

Hair transplant is not something that you want to save money on, this isn't like buying a t-shirt!

Also avoid these glamorous Instagram Turkish clinics. A lot of these places don't even have a doctor, it's just a man without a known name and a team full of tech, with business man around you trying to make you happy. Please do not listen to the people who suggested Turkey as the go to place. Without knowing them I would assume that they have the same result as the photo I uploaded here below: 

image.png.5c41323612741891ae6e763b27a3c5fb.png

People in Turkish clinics are completely fooled by the price and thick hair. Hairlines are always pluggy... but people accept it as... '' It's just hair, don't obsess over it '' 

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. 

We are here to help you if you require further guidance 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Nurses take over said:

Hello, 

Several things here 

So to summarize, 

This ^

1 hour ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi @Dracanea_draco 

Right now, you are in the best position you can be because he haven't got any surgery yet, meaning your donor area is completely full and  unharmed.. ready until you finally make your decision to trust it with the right doctor. Your frontal zone is completely gone which will definitely require transplant but the remaining hairs in midscalp and crown are thinning slowly which will benefit from oral medication.. Since you are taking Fin, if I were you I would give Finasteride 8 months and see if it helps you or slows down progression. It will give you time to settle out on a doctor, and you will be able to save up more than 5k euros for a much better clinic and a satisfying natural result!

Hair transplant is not something that you want to save money on, this isn't like buying a t-shirt!

Also avoid these glamorous Instagram Turkish clinics. A lot of these places don't even have a doctor, it's just a man without a known name and a team full of tech, with business man around you trying to make you happy. Please do not listen to the people who suggested Turkey as the go to place. Without knowing them I would assume that they have the same result as the photo I uploaded here below: 

People in Turkish clinics are completely fooled by the price and thick hair. Hairlines are always pluggy... but people accept it as... '' It's just hair, don't obsess over it '' 

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. 

That's true Ryan. 

Also what I'd like to add is that you never know what  the bottom of the iceberg looks like behind a nice picture on the internet...

In this case, this result from NowHairTime  look crazy thick and dense although somewhat pluggy like you said. 

Huge change from baseline right ? 

BUT maybe 1 out of 15 will be lucky enough to get such a result.... Look at Doucette's hairline. It's crap. 

So the dude on the photo may have an excellent dense result on the front but a totally overharvested donor at the back...

Also getting a 4000 grafts hairline with FUE at 25 is a terrible idea. You will quickly run of donor...

Without even mentionning that these guys who go to hairmills are often not on Finasteride. 

Edited by Nurses take over
  • Like 1

5,000€ for your situation isn't very much. You could get half of your head addressed, basically leaving your crown for a second transplant.

Turkey has a lot of problems and they produce many botch jobs, but there are many countries I wouldn't go to, including Australia, UK, India (with the exception of Eugenix). Turkey can be a great value but you'll hear lots of FUD and this forum has a bias towards expensive clinics (as do I). Facebook and Reddit are biased towards the budget clinics. So do your own research.

Here's my advice, don't go to Instagram for research. They use filters and have millions of fake followers. Does anyone believe Sule Hair has 3.2 millions followers... or HOI has 4.5 million? Trash.

Your best options are Turan or Gur from FueCapilar or maybe Demirsoy. You can get up to 4,000 grafts and that would make a huge improvement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi @Dracanea_draco 

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. 

legit that hairline is awful. but the type of people who like these ultra straight, unnatural, thick hairlines are people who just want hair on their heads at any cost. They don't care about naturalness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 3:27 PM, NARMAK said:

Woah people, that's a lot of quality responses you've got me, thank you!

You've cooled me down with Turkey, certainly, I'll dig deeper into the non-chirurgical solutions for now.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, THE TRUTH said:

That's true Ryan. 

Also what I'd like to add is that you never know what  the bottom of the iceberg looks like behind a nice picture on the internet...

In this case, this result from NowHairTime  look crazy thick and dense although somewhat pluggy like you said. 

Huge change from baseline right ? 

BUT maybe 1 out of 15 will be lucky enough to get such a result.... Look at Doucette's hairline. It's crap. 

So the dude on the photo may have an excellent dense result on the front but a totally overharvested donor at the back...

Also getting a 4000 grafts hairline with FUE at 25 is a terrible idea. You will quickly run of donor...

Without even mentionning that these guys who go to hairmills are often not on Finasteride. 

Duchette's hairline looks good in the latest videos

Be careful with choosing a clinic in Turkey.  The majority are hair mills but with that said I had great luck with Elithair.  
They're also confident enough to showcase transplant results on YouTube.  Despite the fact that transplants are being done by a tech team, I'm happy with my results.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, RTC said:

legit that hairline is awful. but the type of people who like these ultra straight, unnatural, thick hairlines are people who just want hair on their heads at any cost. They don't care about naturalness.

Agreed, that hairline is atrocious