Eye Brow Transplant

https://nypost.com/video/what-the-pluck-eyebrow-transplant-before-and-after/

Look at the end-result of this eyebrow transplant. I don't see how an eyebrow transplant can be considered a success if they look super beastly and it has to be maintained just like scalp hair.

I wonder what Polish clinic it was. Dr. Saifi?

• Moderators

She just needs to trim it and maintain it every couple of days and it would look better. The growth angles look OK.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Sl,

Since hair transplant surgery works on the principle of donor dominance, how would you explain the concept of recipient dominance in this case?  This doesn’t sound accurate to me so that’s why I’m asking in case I am missing something.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Rahal 

The recipient dominance is regarding anagen phase more than DHT susceptibility, although not limited to that. 

This link may help also explain it and I believe references an example also of eyebrows.

https://www.hairtx.com/eyebrow/understanding-recipient-dominance-in-hair-transplantation/

As said it was also seen in person so not just theory in the case of the patient I mentioned and he certainly had not expected it but did send me the report as a by the way comment that also didn't suprise me. In fact i've seen it on several patients who have used scalp or body hair elsewhere and as in chest hair growing longer on the scalp than when on the chest also. 

Hope helps.

Edited by sl
  • Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I was not expecting the final result to look like that! Lol. Yes, they need to be trimmed, so that part isn't alarming... But the fact that they decided to use a video of her new eyebrows untrimmed as a way to show off the final result was... a choice! ;) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56