Bisanga vs Bisanga + Kostis

I am very strongly considering Dr. Bisanga and have been informed that there are two pricing options; As I am financially planning for this, I would appreciate some non-biased input. you can have:

Dr. Bisanga would lead your surgery, consult and plan your approach. 

Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis would then make your recipient sites.

Punching of your extraction sites would also be shared between Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis

Technicians would then extract the pre punched grafts and place the grafts into the pre made recipient sites as with all BHR surgeries.

OR

Surgery exclusively with Dr. Bisanga performing all punching and making of recipient sites is available 

I have seen amazing results from people who have had Dr. Kostis partake, as well as some people claim it is really just for peace of mind to have Dr. Bisanga do all the punching/recipient sites. Being that the former is half the price, I have to at least consider it. I would never want to sacrifice quality for price, though do you think the quality/success rate would be identical?

Dr. Kostis was there when I had my procedure with Bisanga. Almost a year ago. As I understand it, he was shadowing Bisanga. So he has been mentored and learning from Bisanga for a while now. You'd be getting a deal at half the price!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MachoVato said:

Dr. Kostis was there when I had my procedure with Bisanga. Almost a year ago. As I understand it, he was shadowing Bisanga. So he has been mentored and learning from Bisanga for a while now. You'd be getting a deal at half the price!

So you would say with confidence, there would be no less chance of success or lower quality? I can swing the full price of Bisanga though it would be much easier for me financially to have that price of course. 

9 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

So you would say with confidence, there would be no less chance of success or lower quality? I can swing the full price of Bisanga though it would be much easier for me financially to have that price of course. 

If Bisanga will be there overseeing during the extraction and implantation, why not? It'll have to be up to his standards. 

Here's a neat thread where Dr. Kostis got himself a transplant. You can kinda meet him.

• Like 1

If it helps in your evaluation, I recall my version of the above from May was like 100% of recipient incisions, and a clear majority of the donor punching done by Dr B.

Division of labour possibly varies according to the total graft numbers involved. Both doctors are nice people to entrust your scalp to for a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm either going with Dr bisanga or de freitas for my procedure, got a consultation with bisanga in London on August 6th, and one with freitas via online consultation. So will make a decision after that. But he clearly is in my opinion one of the most established surgeons out there, so for me personally, I would want him to do my whole procedure and would be willing to pay whatever is necessary.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

I am very strongly considering Dr. Bisanga and have been informed that there are two pricing options; As I am financially planning for this, I would appreciate some non-biased input. you can have:

Dr. Bisanga would lead your surgery, consult and plan your approach. 

Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis would then make your recipient sites.

Punching of your extraction sites would also be shared between Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis

Technicians would then extract the pre punched grafts and place the grafts into the pre made recipient sites as with all BHR surgeries.

OR

Surgery exclusively with Dr. Bisanga performing all punching and making of recipient sites is available 

I have seen amazing results from people who have had Dr. Kostis partake, as well as some people claim it is really just for peace of mind to have Dr. Bisanga do all the punching/recipient sites. Being that the former is half the price, I have to at least consider it. I would never want to sacrifice quality for price, though do you think the quality/success rate would be identical?

there are some cases, that even some people selected and paid the option that Dr Bisanga would do all the punches and incisions, Dr Bisanga did only some part of punches while the rest was done by dr kostis. So you have to be careful.

• Administrators

Dr. Kostis has a big future. He’s been mentored by Dr. Bisanga, and Dr. Bisanga is an excellent teacher. Personally, wouldn’t bat an eye at choosing the one where they’re both involved. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

30 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

there are some cases, that even some people selected and paid the option that Dr Bisanga would do all the punches and incisions, Dr Bisanga did only some part of punches while the rest was done by dr kostis. So you have to be careful.

I have heard this. At the end of the day the only thing I care about is the end result, if Dr. Bisanga can personally guarantee that the work will be just as high quality either way, I will probably opt for the one with Dr. Kostis.