No Shave in USA

TxEx89

Glenn Charles in Florida. Mohebi in California. I can personally attest to Dr. Charles' excellence since I had surgery with him about 12 years ago and will be getting my 2nd surgery from him soon. No shave FUE is a lot tougher and takes a lot more time. 

• Moderators

Drs who do not require shaving the recipient area.

Dr Robert Dorin (True & Dorin)
Dr Robert Bernstein (Bernstein Medical)
Dr Bernardino Arocha (Arocha Hair Restoration)
Dr Carlos Wesley

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Mike and all,

Just so everybody is aware, when someone refers to a no shave FUE, they’re talking about both the donor and the recipient areas.   This Is also sometimes called long-haired FUE.

Mike, I suppose my question to you is, is there a specific reason you were adamant about doing a no shave FUE?  While it’s true that the procedure won’t be as noticeful immediately postop, you still have to deal with the shedding of the transplanted hair, postoperative shock loss in potentially both the donor and recipient areas.  So if you’re looking to undergo this procedure so that you can avoid any noticeable transition, it’s not going to work.  Noticeability may be reduced but not eliminated.

Furthermore,  long-haired / no-shave FUE is more difficult to perform which increases risk factors and room for error.

I just wanted to add my two cents.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

This is something that @Parsa Mohebi, MD offers and would be worth looking into. Feel free to reach out to me personally if you'd like to discuss it further or have any questions. I'd be happy to help. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56