Shaved Head After HT

Marko7t4

Has anyone had their head shaved to a number 1 or 2 once their HT has matured past 12 months?  I’m interested to try it but don’t want it to look strange in case it’s obvious from the hair pattern that I’ve had a HT. Any photos would be helpful. 

Unless you are a NW 2.5 or lower AND have really thick hair diameter - it looks very very obvious.  It looks like you are very balding/thinning.  Simple as.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

Unless you are a NW 2.5 or lower AND have really thick hair diameter - it looks very very obvious.  It looks like you are very balding/thinning.  Simple as.

^This you need to have your hair at a certain length to have the illusion of density. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The reality is that hair transplants are total crap if your goal is to rock a very short  buzzcut. 

They will look very thin and you will still look like you're balding...

The only way for a balding man scalp to look normal, full and homogenous is to get SMP

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I’ll leave it as it is then. I went to the doctors yesterday after being bitten by an insect. He asked if I was taking any other medication before he prescribed. I said fin/min daily following my HT. He said he wouldn’t have even known I’d had one if I hadn’t told him. Great result 😂

19 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Has anyone had their head shaved to a number 1 or 2 once their HT has matured past 12 months?  I’m interested to try it but don’t want it to look strange in case it’s obvious from the hair pattern that I’ve had a HT. Any photos would be helpful. 

If you shave your head then the absence of hair in the donor area will be visible. Also, the density in the transplanted area will look lesser than the areas where you have pre existing hair.

Unless you have had a 2nd pass in the same area to bring it up close to native density, then it will look odd BUT you can do two things imo to improve the visual appearance. One is SMP and the other is hair fibres. It will possibly help create the illusion of more fullness than there is. 

Also, you can do it to the FUE scars to mask them more and keep a lower guard more easily too imo if you buzz it close to a skin fade. 

• Like 1