removing hairtransplant

i have a question for anyone that knows hopefully doctors can give me a answer. i had a hairtransplant and its the newer procedure and it doesnt look good and i completely regret it. can i have them removed?? and if so how?

i have a question for anyone that knows hopefully doctors can give me a answer. i had a hairtransplant and its the newer procedure and it doesnt look good and i completely regret it. can i have them removed?? and if so how?

16inchscar,

I am not a doctor, but perhaps you can post a picture so that a doctor or other members can visualize what your problem looks like.

Additionally you can view the thread that I initiated sometime ago, found here: http://hair-restoration-info.c...6710594&f=3466060861

It is called "Revision of bad hair transplant"

take care...

The ideal thing to do is be evaluated in person to make a proper assessment of just how much work is needed to get your hair looking natural. Performing repair work takes some planning. I would also take some photos of your current situation and send them to several doctors to get their "plan of action" to repair you.

Best wishes.

Originally posted by 16inchscar:

Where have you been 16inchscar? It's been 11 months since you were here, and you had the same questions back then. Did you go see Dr. Griffin in Atlanta? If not, that's what I would do.

I remember your posts, and I think you should just go see one of the top clinics. Although you might be distrustful, they can guide you more than most of us can.

Griffin seems like a genuine dude as well. He almost talked me out of the whole thing, so I don't think he's in it for the money, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

16inchscar,

I agree with a lot of the valuable input you received above.

It may be in your best interest to consult with several leading physician to get assessed and go over your options. Ultimately, a well constructed plan takes knowledge, time, and consideration of all your options.

Feel free also to share your story and present your photos on this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

Where have you been 16inchscar? It's been 11 months since you were here, and you had the same questions back then

I'll take responsibility for this. I had accidentally suspended his and another account due to what appeared to be a duplicate IP address anomaly.

After some investigation and communication on the forum and privately through email, I had invited him back to the forum. Recently, I recieved an email reply from him asking if he could be reinstated, to which of course, I gladly accepted.

It's good to have you back 16inchscar!

Bill

i dont have pictures. i asked the doctor to send me my file with my pictures { before and after} through the mail or email and he wouldnt do it. we got a little heated on the phone and now im trying to find someone to fix the damage he done. if anyone is interested in who he is well hes dr. lorenz of bosley in atlanta. he did say that if i would come in that one more procedure may be what i needed. after i laughed in his ear i figured id find a solution on my own. i know what would help my issue. removing what he did at my hairline would take care of it. my problem is that i need the pictures and the info of how far he lowered my hairline so another dr. will know how to get me back to where i was. can anyone tell me if these things can be removed????? the procedure was a strip surgery done in 2007 .

i dont have pictures. i asked the doctor to send me my file with my pictures { before and after} through the mail or email and he wouldnt do it. we got a little heated on the phone and now im trying to find someone to fix the damage he done. if anyone is interested in who he is well hes dr. lorenz of bosley in atlanta. he did say that if i would come in that one more procedure may be what i needed. after i laughed in his ear i figured id find a solution on my own. i know what would help my issue. removing what he did at my hairline would take care of it. my problem is that i need the pictures and the info of how far he lowered my hairline so another dr. will know how to get me back to where i was. can anyone tell me if these things can be removed????? the procedure was a strip surgery done in 2007 .

I'm telling you man, the best advice you'll get anywhere is what I've given you: Go see Dr. Griffin in Atlanta and talk to him; or go see Dr. Cooley in Charlotte.

But, yeah the can remove the transplanted hairs in your hairline. Dr. Cooley did for me. And the two "rows" in my hairline.

I'm confident both of these doctors will give you straight up, honest answers to your questions. I've met both of these men, and was thoroughly impressed with their professionalism.

I'm not saying you have to do what they suggest, but it'd be worth the trip, imo.

Dewayne

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

dewayne. do you think they can punch them out or would they have to lazer them?

He punched mine out. Personally, I wouldn't want mine lasered in case some breakthrough new drug came out.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by dannyskywalker:

do any of you have pics of areas with removed grafts. showing the extent of scaring, etc?

These aren't the best of pics, but you can see here my before and 3 day post op. Then, if you want do a search on Dr. Cooley 2500 grafts and check out my latest album and see the one year.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...481012793#9481012793

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by dannyskywalker:

do any of you have pics of areas with removed grafts. showing the extent of scaring, etc?

These aren't the best of pics, but you can see here my before and 3 day post op. Then, if you want do a search on Dr. Cooley 2500 grafts and check out my latest album and see the one year.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...481012793#9481012793

Dwayne thanks for the pictures. I have heard of people tweezing them out and lasering them out but I never saw them removed like that before.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs