Connor Murphy gets hair transplant with Dr. Arocha WITHOUT anesthesia. Thoughts?

I saw this video (linked below) where Connor Murphy gets a transplant without any anesthesia from Dr. Arocha. I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on this.

Connor definitely seems to be suffering from some type of mental disorder (whether drug induced or not, I don’t know). I hope this guy can turn his life around.

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Sad 1

• A Fue Good Men changed the title to Connor Murphy gets hair transplant with Dr. Arocha WITHOUT anesthesia. Thoughts?

I don't think it's fair to say he has a mental disorder, or more honestly you really can't diagnose that as you're not a physician. I don't know who this guy is until this video but he actually seems fairly intelligent and articulate when he speaks. As far as getting a hair transplant done without anesthesia, I can say majority of us would not do that, but I believe he did this mainly for the views. 

3 minutes ago, FUT4000 said:

I don't think it's fair to say he has a mental disorder, or more honestly you really can't diagnose that as you're not a physician. I don't know who this guy is until this video but he actually seems fairly intelligent and articulate when he speaks. As far as getting a hair transplant done without anesthesia, I can say majority of us would not do that, but I believe he did this mainly for the views. 

Where did I diagnose him with a condition? He’s posted videos of himself in the psych ward including his paperwork.

• Sad 1

he's just trying to make money, and i just skip skimmed it, what's shown is only the incision making. that would hurt, but then again our anesthesia injection is way deeper than any incision anyway. basically, a clickbait.

surgeons that tries to cut extract a graft without anesthesia can expect a destroyed graft due to the patient trashing, most likely, which would then become be an operation room nightmare with blood splattered everywhere (?) 😂

social media these days... there are even crazy brats actually disabling themselves because they "IDENTIFY" as a disabled person. it's an utter insult to actual disabled people.

on the other hand, seems like a pretty quick way to lose your medical license lol

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor

Personally I think Dr Arocha (as good as a surgeon as he his) should be banned from performing surgery for doing this stunt! What a stupid and unprofessional thing to do? We’re trying to educate and protect people from the dangers and risks in the industry. 

• Like 3

I believe the video is a fake. He could of had anesthesia behind the scenes.  Youtube is all about clicks remember

Either way, as our friend Adrian has said... the Doctor should be banned and ashamed of himself for agreeing to participate in this activity with the youtuber

• Like 3

• Administrators

This was posted already. Dr. Arocha posted his response, which was fair. 

Hi all, 

Dr. Arocha here. This is a patient of mine. In fact, he has been a patient of mine for many years. 

Every patient who comes through our doors is different, and we personalize a treatment plan based on what is best for them. We did not do any work in exchange for advertising – he paid full price for this procedure. 

Due to the patient's spiritual and religious beliefs, he chose not to do the surgery with local anesthesia, and I respected his wishes. It is a personal choice to take drugs or have local anesthesia administered; although the vast majority of patients choose the traditional method that includes the use of local anesthesia. 

I have a long and extensive experience with pain management, having run a pain clinic for more than a decade in the past. I am always sensitive and looking for non-verbal signs of pain and discomfort. The spiritual and calm that this patient exhibited was impressive. At no time did he grimace, or show any signs of distress. He was 100% relaxed, dozing in and out of sleep, listening to audiobooks and had a pleasant day. 

While the patient was comfortable, halfway through the surgery, I tapped out. I did not want to compromise his outcome, so I needed to control the bleeding to increase density in certain areas. 

While meditation is not yet mainstream in medical practice, the power of meditation and mind over matter is unquestioned. There are certain practices across the U.S. who are starting to use meditation, acupuncture, and other alternative techniques in lieu of traditional anesthesia and narcotics. 

While it is fine to discuss, I ask that you respect this patient and his choice in his care.

Wishing you all the best in these trying times and hope that we all can achieve inner peace and freedom. 

Dr. Arocha

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Arocha was kicked out of the IAHRS for this prank. 

I don’t think it’s a prank though. I think I agree with most of the comments here. This was irresponsible of the doctor to perform this kind of surgery.

I also think part of taking on a patient is ensuring their mental health is stable enough to make good decisions. Clearly, Connor was not in the best mental state at the time of this surgery.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The thing is Dr. Arocha wasn’t aware of these mental issues, I’m sure if he was aware he wouldn’t have done it. If a patient refuses medication for religious/spiritual beliefs, then that’s generally accepted. Just like vaccination waivers. Unfortunately, there’s not a form that patients fill out disclosing their mental illness. 

Any how, this is a duplicate topic. I’ll be closing this, and further responses can be done on the original thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.