Podcast on Wednesday at 5:00 PM Pacific Time with Dr. Camacho - Bogota Hairlines GIVE ME YOUR INPUT

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

As you know, we're taking these podcasts to the next level. My next goal is to have the podcast on a specific day of the week, with interesting guests from surgeons, patients, to pipeline drug companies. We moved into a new studio with a production team. We'll be able to show video, photos, and some of you will be able to join as well. 

This Wednesday we'll be talking to @Bogota Hairlines Dr. Sergio Camacho from Bogota, Colombia. Dr. Camacho has been performing hair transplants for over a decade. Initially, he started off performing strip surgeries in the US. He later moved to Colombia to start his own practice, where he began practicing and honing his FUE technique. He know performs FUE exclusively. He's been producing some excellent results. 

Now for the communities input. We want these podcasts to be interactive and engaging. Excellent opportunities to get access to some of the world's best surgeons. How can we make them more engaging for you guys?

featuring (1).png

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Engagement by viewing cases on here. Whether successful/unsuccessful talk about strategies that they believe went well, something that could have been improved, basically anything to help someone in the next step.

Also, if we can get doctors who actually do research while performing surgeries to enhance their skills. I.E. this doctor, Sergio Camacho, who used to do FUT -- what made them switch to FUE exclusively? was it technical skill improvement? Did they have studies/research showing that FUE was better than FUT? Pretty much things that is laid out from the surgeons perspective that would be shown to the hair loss warrior perspective. 

edit: The word i forgot to add was continuous improvement.

Edited by Vann
  • Like 2

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Vann said:

Engagement by viewing cases on here. Whether successful/unsuccessful talk about strategies that they believe went well, something that could have been improved, basically anything to help someone in the next step.

Also, if we can get doctors who actually do research while performing surgeries to enhance their skills. I.E. this doctor, Sergio Camacho, who used to do FUT -- what made them switch to FUE exclusively? was it technical skill improvement? Did they have studies/research showing that FUE was better than FUT? Pretty much things that is laid out from the surgeons perspective that would be shown to the hair loss warrior perspective. 

edit: The word i forgot to add was continuous improvement.

Those are good suggestions, we can talk about failed hair transplants, and how to improve surgery. I actually spoke to Dr. Camacho about this, he mentioned the reason why he transitioned to FUE exclusively. I will save the response for the podcast. 

Now, do you want me to take cases here and view it live on the podcast? I can take one of his cases and review it on the podcast. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Those are good suggestions, we can talk about failed hair transplants, and how to improve surgery. I actually spoke to Dr. Camacho about this, he mentioned the reason why he transitioned to FUE exclusively. I will save the response for the podcast. 

Now, do you want me to take cases here and view it live on the podcast? I can take one of his cases and review it on the podcast. 

I think taking cases here would be beneficial to outreach. However, I am sure the surgeon himself should pick some of his cases whether good or bad since they would be good/relevant case work to ground his credibility and I am sure it would be good coverage for him in this forum.

In terms of picking cases I think we should select some random ones? Maybe if some people would like to be covered. For example I think @Gatsby is a good case (not to pick on you) but his multiple transplants and where he currently stands is a good review. You yourself, Melvin, is a good case since you have had multiple transplants.

We can also pick some cases where people have had repairs or whatever other topics seem best?

• Like 2

Nice!! I haven’t listen to ur podcast yet ,, but I will definitely subscribe n listen as a regular ..

Happy u moving on up Melvin.. 

good job progressing n keeping this site alive .. u were a

U were a good hire for them after all .. I was there when Bill was hiring for a replacement moderator.. I remember cuz I applied just for fun  .. hahah .. great job man !!! 

• Like 1

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Vann said:

I think taking cases here would be beneficial to outreach. However, I am sure the surgeon himself should pick some of his cases whether good or bad since they would be good/relevant case work to ground his credibility and I am sure it would be good coverage for him in this forum.

In terms of picking cases I think we should select some random ones? Maybe if some people would like to be covered. For example I think @Gatsby is a good case (not to pick on you) but his multiple transplants and where he currently stands is a good review. You yourself, Melvin, is a good case since you have had multiple transplants.

We can also pick some cases where people have had repairs or whatever other topics seem best?

That’s a good suggestion. I will reach out to some members here. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Nice!! I haven’t listen to ur podcast yet ,, but I will definitely subscribe n listen as a regular ..

Happy u moving on up Melvin.. 

good job progressing n keeping this site alive .. u were a

U were a good hire for them after all .. I was there when Bill was hiring for a replacement moderator.. I remember cuz I applied just for fun  .. hahah .. great job man !!! 

Here was the first one in the new studio 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

The fact that sadly so many of the top surgeons spend a good part of their time on repair cases alone would be a great topic. It would be great for a top surgeon like Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba and others if they were interviewed and shared their experiences in how they performed a few cases of repaired work. It would serve to educate people more on what to look out for as a potential hair transplant patient. It would also serve to give hope to the many, many people who have been butchered from places like Turkey, etc.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The fact that sadly so many of the top surgeons spend a good part of their time on repair cases alone would be a great topic. It would be great for a top surgeon like Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba and others if they were interviewed and shared their experiences in how they performed a few cases of repaired work. It would serve to educate people more on what to look out for as a potential hair transplant patient. It would also serve to give hope to the many, many people who have been butchered from places like Turkey, etc.

Some repair cases would be great. I will definitely start a segment called hair repair. Where I’ll have a surgeon share one of their repairs and break down the case. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Let’s keep it up guys. Great suggestions 🙌🏼

View my thread

• Administrators

Don’t miss today’s podcast. It starts in 2 hours. 

Streaming on our YouTube channel 

https://youtube.com/c/HairTransplantNetwork

• Like 1

View my thread

On 6/27/2022 at 11:40 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Let’s keep it up guys. Great suggestions 🙌🏼

i am not sure if I am too late... but I have another question. Maybe for a next video? But my question is do doctors consider using autologous (implantation) therapies? Meaning using your own bodys cells to produce or encourage surrounding cells (kinda like stem cells) to grow into surrounding tissues. An example of this would be burn patients who would get skin grafts and pretty much inject that back into the wounded area to encourage the surrounding tissue to develop into healthier tissue.

While researching this topic it closely relates to PRP but instead of platlets this autologous process uses your own bodys specific thing (hair, skin, cartilage, bone, etc.) depending on where its harvested.

One of these methods I beleive is called "Rigenera therapy." I would like to know if any surgeons or future surgeons would consider this, why they would and their logic behind it. Not to say that if you do not do this you aren't providing the very best but because this is a relatively "new" concept what are their thoughts and ideas.

• Administrators

There were a lot of technical issues the first time. I had to download it and re-upload. Unfortunately, the video quality took a hit. The content is still good though.

• Like 1

View my thread