ASMED hair mill on British National TV

• RTC changed the title to ASMED hair mill on British National TV

This is why I never comment on Turkey threads...I thought Erdogan was one of the good ones? 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

they asked the health ministry and got told to talk to dr. erdogan?

... i think i'm going to take everything both good and bad about asmed with a whole truck of salt now...
everything is muddy when politic's involved... way more than just good marketing...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mafpe said:

they asked the health ministry and got told to talk to dr. erdogan?

... i think i'm going to take everything both good and bad about asmed with a whole truck of salt now...
everything is muddy when politic's involved... way more than just good marketing...

is he related to Turkey's president?

2 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

is he related to Turkey's president?

no idea, it's not always the president though. in any government, the ministry has rights to move in their workscope. big and vital decision or where many people has interest in it, would require agreement on some levels. 

this case, it doesn't have to be the whole health ministry that is on a certain organization side, perhaps this guy who the documenter contacted, simply have good view on erdogan, or he might be pro asmed etc etc. if the video maker contacted other person, it'd be different name perhaps, nobody knows unless you're inside the trade.

one thing i know of organization and ministry is that USUALLY, they move by interest. for whose interest, that's hard to say. either way turkey has been a whole mixed bag of good bed for hair transplant since it's cheap and is the "hair transplant capital" which accelerates the growth of the industry even more. hard to say with how rocky their economy has been. in turkey alone, you can check how their currency, the turkish lyra has fluctuated wildly in value, with price on some items doubling or even tripling. it has been somewhat stabilized the last half year though. but there's also oil price hike on the whole europe especially since the ukrainian-russia war.

back to topic, again, the fact that the documenter said that the health ministry told them to talk to dr.erdogan, doesn't have to mean that they're in bed together. it can be they have relations, either with the ministry or the documenter, or it can simply be that he is well regarded and have good reputation. we have no idea.

best thing to do is for anyone considering asmed is take all aspect, including but not only the bad jobs, to make as informed a decision as they can.

two side of a coin:

1. having a very big amount of patient will result in several bad job, this doesn't mean the clinic is doing a badly or sloppily. math wise 10% bad work means there are 10 out of 10, and 100 out of 1000. (not implying asmed have 90% success rate, just example)

2. there are real people here with botched works and their life ruined. like good reviews, these bad reviews is the tip of the iceberg. not everyone write reviews, some just wallow in despair as they have no idea how to fix it. some got repair by the same clinic, some got a settlement and so on the reason continues. (again, this can apply to any and all clinic. this is an actual business practice that people do)

• Like 1

Just now, mafpe said:

no idea, it's not always the president though. in any government, the ministry has rights to move in their workscope. big and vital decision or where many people has interest in it, would require agreement on some levels. 

this case, it doesn't have to be the whole health ministry that is on a certain organization side, perhaps this guy who the documenter contacted, simply have good view on erdogan, or he might be pro asmed etc etc. if the video maker contacted other person, it'd be different name perhaps, nobody knows unless you're inside the trade.

one thing i know of organization and ministry is that USUALLY, they move by interest. for whose interest, that's hard to say. either way turkey has been a whole mixed bag of good bed for hair transplant since it's cheap and is the "hair transplant capital" which accelerates the growth of the industry even more. hard to say with how rocky their economy has been. in turkey alone, you can check how their currency, the turkish lyra has fluctuated wildly in value, with price on some items doubling or even tripling. it has been somewhat stabilized the last half year though. but there's also oil price hike on the whole europe especially since the ukrainian-russia war.

back to topic, again, the fact that the documenter said that the health ministry told them to talk to dr.erdogan, doesn't have to mean that they're in bed together. it can be they have relations, either with the ministry or the documenter, or it can simply be that he is well regarded and have good reputation. we have no idea.

best thing to do is for anyone considering asmed is take all aspect, including but not only the bad jobs, to make as informed a decision as they can.

two side of a coin:

1. having a very big amount of patient will result in several bad job, this doesn't mean the clinic is doing a badly or sloppily. math wise 10% bad work means there are 10 out of 10, and 100 out of 1000. (not implying asmed have 90% success rate, just example)

2. there are real people here with botched works and their life ruined. like good reviews, these bad reviews is the tip of the iceberg. not everyone write reviews, some just wallow in despair as they have no idea how to fix it. some got repair by the same clinic, some got a settlement and so on the reason continues. (again, this can apply to any and all clinic. this is an actual business practice that people do)

I only asked cuz they share the same last name.

• Haha 1

Just now, BaldBobby said:

I only asked cuz they share the same last name.

LMAO HAHAHAHA, I DIDNT KNOW THAT.

no idea but somehow that made me get a good laugh due to how serious i was taking it 😂

chance with people with similar name/surname is there but hey, they might be related 😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Erdogan is obviously minted from all his expansion and increasing number of patients. 

Seems that he has also lined the pockets of Joe Tilman recently for his promotional videos...

Can't believe Erdogan was able to corrupt even Tillman...

Crazy and scary...

22 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

haha every man has his price.. this industry is no exception...

So true. 👌 

Ultimately, Koray was, is and will always be the GOAT. 

The GOAT of zero graft survival &  overharvested donor areas. 🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this forum isn’t about bashing anyone particular surgeon. It’s about sharing genuine reviews. I will be locking this topic. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.