How best to move away from a hair system

Hi all

After a number of botched HTs in the late 80s and 90s I’ve worn a system for the last 25 years. It doesn’t get any easier to accept or live with. I’m now NW6 with limited donor.

I did a consultation with Dr Bisanga who offered hope that I could achieve a good outcome with a combination of scalp, beard and donor over 2 or more procedures.

My issue is how best to deal with the transition.

If I start with work on the frontal area, what should I do about the crown etc. SMP is an option but I don’t think I’d be comfortable with a shaved looking head after all these years. 

I know it’s possible to get a system that sits behind the hairline but how would that work in practice? Could I get ‘measured’ only after the HT or at some point earlier (The lead time with new systems can be lengthy)

Are there any other considerations/alternatives?

I’m sure I’m not the first to face this issue. Would be glad to get the advice and perspectives of those with knowledge or experience.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

You could use hair loss concealers. If you have some hair in the crown. If you’re completely bald, you could get a partial system. @DrTBarghouthi has an example here, maybe he can give you more information. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the mention. Please share with us some photos if you don’t mind. Hair systems come in different forms and shapes and can vary in how natural they blend. There might also be hope for some limited repair options in your case. Would be happy to assist. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram