Dr Jeffrey Epstein

2 hours ago, Unbrokenlink said:

Hello, you have seen this? I thought artas was supposed to be the best?

not directly in real life no. but if you do your research, look for reviews, their operation, and most importantly, results, then you will find out that ARTAS isn't the future of hair transplant. not yet. maybe in the future it could be, but it's limitation either on it's workfield (currently its only a very small square) and angling of the extraction, both are still lacking. 

imo actually the graft picking by machine can be so much better than human, afterall, a machine can precisely calculate distance and spread, plus their follicle count, so that both the donor and recipient can be managed most efficiently with the highest yield. but it's still in the future if it will ever be.

for now... just stay far from it. easiest example is zack from try guys which i suppose got a free transplant using artas. look as his before and then the after. no matter how he say's it's good (because of course, he's sponsored), it's clearly inferior to a skilled doctor at the moment. you can also see many other agreeing that artas is a bad option for now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

THIS

theres absolutely no reason an artas should be used by a competent hair transplant surgeon. The artas is straight up a SHORTCUT and cuts time for a surgeon to not be present in the OR. A skilled hand will be better in every regard compared to a machine running on an algorithm like the artas. The prices that most of the doctors charge that use an artas are typically the same as a doctor that performs the surgery themselves. Again, the artas has no place in a competent surgeons arsenal (IMO of course).

Everyone raves about Rose and Nusbaum. They use it.....

44 minutes ago, Unbrokenlink said:

ARTAS sucks. Manual FUE is the way to go. I'm not sure why Rose and Nusbaum still use it. It's probably because they're too old to do manual FUE. I think Nusbaum's son is running the practice now for the most part. 

I know Glenn Charles does manual FUE. He was one of the first surgeons to use ARTAS and stopped using it because it sucks. 

I'm not going to get into the stories that I've heard about Dr. Epstein's questionable ethics. But it's been talked about by several reliable people and I've heard it from several reliable people too. 

So I was also in similar situation. Dr Rose and Dr Nusbaun are good but they still use ARTAS so I had to back down from them. Have seen some bad result from Artas. I went with Dr. J Epstein . Actually Dr Rose had good words for him too.

Anyway I did not find anything shady about Dr. Epstein. I got a very conservative hairline (my choice) built with almost pristine donor outcome and very quick recovery using no recipient shave FUE. I am not saying he maybe the best of best but my experience with the doctor and the staff was good.

I think people on Forums sometimes present their personal opinions like it is a fact which should be avoided. If you had bad result from the doctor or you know someone who had bad experience then you may have a legit point.

I wouldnt rule him out along with Dr Glenn.

Edited by TEXAN35

6 minutes ago, TEXAN35 said:

So I was also in similar situation. Dr Rose and Dr Nusbaun are good but they still use ARTAS so I had to back down from them. Have seen some bad result from Artas. I went with Dr. J Epstein . Actually Dr Rose had good words for him too.

Anyway I did not find anything shady about Dr. Epstein. I got a very conservative hairline (my choice) built with almost pristine donor outcome and very quick recovery using no recipient shave FUE. I am not saying he maybe the best of best but my experience with the doctor and the staff was good.

I think people on Forums sometimes present their personal opinions like it is a fact which should be avoided. If you had bad result from the doctor or you know someone who had bad experience then you may have a legit point.

I wouldnt rule him out along with Dr Glenn.

You had yours done by Dr. Epstein?

2 hours ago, Cantstandya said:

I'm not going to get into the stories that I've heard about Dr. Epstein's questionable ethics

in good conscience I cannot believe the doctor is "unethical" with absolutely zero proof at all. 

If society acted like this then Johnny Depp would be ruined right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

in good conscience I cannot believe the doctor is "unethical" with absolutely zero proof at all. 

If society acted like this then Johnny Depp would be ruined right now. 

I'm not the only person who has heard from reputable sources that Dr. Epstein is shady. I believe Melvin alluded to this as well and Pat took him off the list due to this. People can believe what they want. My sources are surgeons who are recommended on here. I'll leave it at that. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Guys,

At the end of the day, I cannot comment on this surgeons work, as i'm not familiar. He was removed off the list over a decade ago. He may have changed. I have no idea. In regards to Artas. I do not believe it is up to par with manual FUE. However, I have seen some excellent results with Dr. Nusbaum and Dr. Rose. Tools are only as good as the people using them. In the right hands, it's not impossible to get a good result with Artas. The problem is that it is often used by inexperienced surgeons who do hair on the side. Do I believe it's on par with manual FUE? No. I still believe the best FUE being performed is being done manually, either with a motorized or manual punch. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Unbrokenlink said:

Who is “everyone?” A “patient advocate” whose initials are JT and gets paid to endorse them? Ive yet to see a patient posted result on here from either doctor in the last 5 or even maybe 10 years.

explain to me why a doctor would employ the artas? It’s either because they don’t want to dedicate the time to learn the skill or their surgical skills are not good. (IMO)

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Unbrokenlink said:

You had yours done by Dr. Epstein?

Yes I had hairline restoration 1 inch approx , very conservative , and no complaints. I was in the standby list for Dr Glenn and Dr Epstein both but the first opening was at Dr Epstein. The only thing I would change is that while getting his opinion he asked me to get little bit of temples done in addition to hairline which I kind of declined because  I was nervous and wanted to save my grafts for crown in case needed later. In the hindsight its better to follow the doctors advice but anyway I am happy with the outcome as I still have great donor area.  Only around 1400 grafts were used pretty efficiently. Another thing I look into a doctor is his/her educational background and the Universities attended which seemed pretty decent in his case. But again please do proper research because each patient may need different area of expertise. 

Edited by TEXAN35

On 6/11/2022 at 3:06 AM, Hair transplant is a huge said:

Epstein is a legit. From what I've seen he does good work. 

He's been around for a very long time. 

He's the doc who trained Gary Linkov.

Training Linkov is a negative. Dude is a part-time hair transplant surgeon part-time all purpose plastic surgeon and full time clickbait youtuber

• Like 3
  • Haha 2