UK/London reccomendations? Also do you think I’m a good candidate for a HT?

Hello I have been taking finaesteride for 7 months with Derminator 2 for the past 2 months. I don’t want to do minoxidil I was hoping to control it with fin and a future transplant which will mean I won’t need to daily apply minox but this may be wishful thinking.

I have some pretty noticeable thinning but only in the crown area. From what I’ve read online my age is too young and the hair loss pattern not defined enough to attempt a transplant but say my hair loss progresses in a “horse shoe” pattern I will need to get one so I’ve decided to research early

Thank you for reading my post 👴😀

Edited by Cindrum

• Administrators

Give it until 12 months on the finasteride. Are you on minoxidil?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Give it until 12 months on the finasteride. Are you on minoxidil?

Yeah good plan, no I’ve avoided min due to wanting to possibly control it and add a tiny bit of density through fin as I’ve heard this is possible. Minoxidil will be considered at 12 months and a consultation at a reputable clinic but still looking for suggestions on whom to see. 

You still have good coverage, i would not rush into surgery, try microneedling 1x a week, take vitamins, & use Hair fibers. If you opt dor ht you will not be happy as current hair might keep receeding. Wait till 40s for ht, hair loss will be more stable by then.

2 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Be careful when booking. There are some clinics claiming to be in the UK for £1999 but they aren’t. Their adverts are all over Facebook. 

Yes lots of advice needed where to look. That price alone is a red flag in the UK. Will look out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, civic said:

You still have good coverage, i would not rush into surgery, try microneedling 1x a week, take vitamins, & use Hair fibers. If you opt dor ht you will not be happy as current hair might keep receeding. Wait till 40s for ht, hair loss will be more stable by then.

Thanks I think the coverage is alright but sweat or water makes me self conscious about how it may look. Being tall helps this but still it’s an insecurity.

Fin for 6 month plus 1.5mm derminator already going as well as that Nizoral shampoo but none of this is really going to produce hair follicles like minoxidil might. Hopefully I get some regrowth 1.5 years on fin

oof “wait till 40” that’s a hard pill to swallow lol will try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whipaway said:

I agree with the above comments however if at some point you do go for surgery then Europe is a small effort ! 

Yes I would also consider a short flight somewhere in Europe it’s just finding the right doctor that’s a hassle.

Current plan is wait till 12 months on fin and reassess the situation.

• Valued Contributor

As Melvin said I would also have to say that it would be wise to stay on finasteride for at least twelve months. If you add minoxidil you may find that it could really benefit your crown. I don't feel that you are too old for a hair transplant. I just feel that your hair loss is too young. If you can control the crown loss with medication then that would be my first option. All the best!

• Thanks 1

Harley Street clinic, Dr. Raggu Reddy from the Private Clinic and Dr. Edward Ball from the Maitland clinic are the UK clinics from whom I've seen decent work so far. 

Decent/solid. Nothing too spectucular and you could probably find slightly better and cheaper in Spain/Belgium. 

Bessam Farjo is probably decent too but I remember that one poor growth case from him on Youtube. But any doctor in the world has many subpar cases. 

Yup definitely give oral minoxidil a try. If you are lucky enough and get a hyper-response you may even avoid surgery. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:59 PM, MissMyLongHair said:

Looking at your pattern, I believe you could benefit greatly from Oral Minoxidil 2.5 or 5mg daily.

After some research I’d have to agree it seems like a great option and the place I get my finesteride has minoxidil in 2.5mg pills so I’m looking into this after 6 months.

I do have a lot of body hair so it could go a bit crazy if I get the sides where hair everywhere gets thicker lol. Heart palpitations and no long term studies does put me off but I will consider this as the gains are crazy good.

11 hours ago, Hairmills and homeruns said:

Harley Street clinic, Dr. Raggu Reddy from the Private Clinic and Dr. Edward Ball from the Maitland clinic are the UK clinics from whom I've seen decent work so far. 

Decent/solid. Nothing too spectucular and you could probably find slightly better and cheaper in Spain/Belgium. 

Bessam Farjo is probably decent too but I remember that one poor growth case from him on Youtube. But any doctor in the world has many subpar cases. 

Yup definitely give oral minoxidil a try. If you are lucky enough and get a hyper-response you may even avoid surgery. 

Thank you very much this is good stuff I’ll be looking into them. Harley street is so close to me so that’s very exciting news because I hate travelling. I will look into everything you said.

the oral stuff seems to be a lot better than topical huh, pro and cons of the oral I still think it could be outweighing the cons and would defo give it a shot when I stabilise and if I don’t see and fin regrowth.

Edited by Cindrum

On 6/7/2022 at 4:53 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Have you tried fibers? You still have a lot of hair and it can give the illusion of a full head of hair until your hair loss gets stable

I am doing a lot of sport or gym so I don’t think it will hold up, i could try it for social stuff but I usually rock a manbun or freshly wash the hair so the texture covers the balding.

I saw a video where it couldn’t handle water very well and it’s always windy here I fear it’ll be discovered to be honest and that could be worse than someone just seeing that I’m balding in my mind.

Edited by Cindrum

• Cindrum changed the title to UK/London reccomendations? Also do you think I’m a good candidate for a HT?