8.5 months Rahal Transplant - One sided progress, please help

• Administrators

It’s normal for one side to lag behind. Hair follicles are independent, they grow at different times. There is still time for it to grow more and mature. It’s best to wait the full 12 months before casting judgement. I will tag @Rahal Hair Transplant to speak with you and ease your concerns. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Do you have any pre-op photos? Remember that a hair transplant is an illusion of density.  Wait the full 12 months and if needed, a touch up of a few hundred grafts can be done.  

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

On 6/3/2022 at 12:54 PM, throwaway95 said:

Thanks for the insight. I will be going to see Rahal in person soon but just was hoping to set realistic expectations for myself while waiting for the appointment date. Is it common to see significant changes from month 10-12 from where im at in the picture? Understandably it seems most people think im going to need to have more work done which I'm really hoping to avoid.

It's definitely possible that you'll still see significant improvement, so all you can do in that regard is wait and hope for the best. However, it also seems to me like the issues aren't nearly as noticeable when you're not pulling your hair back and deliberately exposing the hairline. That's that plus side of having your hair type, as it can be quite forgiving in terms of looking even more dense than it may actually be. 

It's good you have a followup appointment with your surgeon, so hopefully seeing him in person will help put things into perspective and he can give you some guidance. And if you do need a followup procedure in the future, just remember that getting a minimum of two procedures is the rule and not the exception - so don't let it dishearten you too much. Hopefully it doesn't come to that anytime soon though. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56