Thoughts on Acell ? Does it really increase yield if used during a transplant?

Among the top clinics, I noticed some offer it on their site, and others don't. 

Does it really increase yield? If so, I would imagine this would be standard procedure for most top clinics. If it didn't, there are still some top clinics who use it. 

Perhaps all clinics have that option, but didn't get around to posting it on their website? 

58 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Among the top clinics, I noticed some offer it on their site, and others don't. 

Does it really increase yield? If so, I would imagine this would be standard procedure for most top clinics. If it didn't, there are still some top clinics who use it. 

Perhaps all clinics have that option, but didn't get around to posting it on their website? 

what is that?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

There's a guy on YouTube who put out videos constantly trying to funnel people down the route of his own developed products and "A-Cell" was one of the things he used to bring up. 

Genuinely if this stuff was that cutting edge and worked, i'm sure in the 8+ years that video has been out that every other place doing FUE would have adopted it as people wouldn't go to a place not using it if it was that effective. 

It sounds like the snake oil PRP injections needed before, during or after tactic or 50% of your hair won't grow tactics hair mills would use. 

• Administrators

Acell doesn’t make a difference, it has been FDA approved for scars. If applied to the donor, it may help with healing, but not yield. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My understanding when ACELL was initially developed and introduced was to facilitate the healing process and minimize scarring, not for improving the yield…it’s use is applied during the HT procedure…my understanding is that Dr. Jerry Cooley was the principal developer of the product…feel free to correct me if that is incorrect.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Any other thoughts?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators
On 5/31/2022 at 1:06 AM, NARMAK said:

There's a guy on YouTube who put out videos constantly trying to funnel people down the route of his own developed products and "A-Cell" was one of the things he used to bring up. 

Genuinely if this stuff was that cutting edge and worked, i'm sure in the 8+ years that video has been out that every other place doing FUE would have adopted it as people wouldn't go to a place not using it if it was that effective. 

It sounds like the snake oil PRP injections needed before, during or after tactic or 50% of your hair won't grow tactics hair mills would use. 

I know exactly who you’re talking about, looks like he wears a wig with glasses right?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I know exactly who you’re talking about, looks like he wears a wig with glasses right?

Yeah, i guess you could say it looks like a wig lol. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, some people can have it really obvious but his didn't stick out massively tbh. Most people probably wouldn't notice. 

Many of us who have a trained eye can tell immediately!

Gillenator