My donor hair

If you were considering any hair transplants, i would advise you against it. It might be difficult if you arent taking any medications. I am not sure but you might have DUPA. Hard to tell by the photos. 

Could you speak on any medications you have been taking thusfar?

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 hour ago, Vann said:

If you were considering any hair transplants, i would advise you against it. It might be difficult if you arent taking any medications. I am not sure but you might have DUPA. Hard to tell by the photos. 

Could you speak on any medications you have been taking thusfar?

I am not taking any meds. I havent taken anything in 15 years lol. My hair on the back and on the sides has had the same thickness since 2015 perphaps. It was thicker in 2012. That I remember. I added another pic taken a couple of days ago before I trimmed it down to around 2 mm. 

42 minutes ago, mafpe said:

best to go to a hair guy / HT people thats ethical to check.

on the bright side, you have a nice thick beard which would go great even if you shave your head

Yes im going to. The thing is I get so pumped up seeing all nw7 patients getting fabolus results that I really want a ht too. I use toppik atm. 

20220527_062941.jpg

3 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

Hey guys, how does my donor hair look like according to you guys?

20220518_071620.jpg

20220518_071634.jpg

20220518_071709.jpg

20220518_071818.jpg

20220528_174112.thumb.jpg.422fdd4f3ea283998e76137a247023ad.jpg

20220528_173751.thumb.jpg.1ed445a035cda28a5f005974a34aa9c9.jpg

20220528_174121.thumb.jpg.361ee05ba34608bab5fd8aece0ad2289.jpg

20220528_174205.jpg.d52d9a178fc490dfb1c9c6faaf13c2a8.jpg

20220518_082637.jpg

Your scalp donor area is average. And your beard donor area is good. But you should also take finasteride for the sustainance of your scalp donor area. What is your age?

You can go for a transplantation procedure.

19 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Your scalp donor area is average. And your beard donor area is good. But you should also take finasteride for the sustainance of your scalp donor area. What is your age?

My age is 34. Would you think that it is possible for full coverage considering i dont have a wide head?

29 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Also I am avoiding finasteride as it could have negative effects on renal function according to studies on mice. Since several of my relatives  has a  history of renal disease i want to use precaution.

14 minutes ago, lunch_owl said:

My age is 34. Would you think that it is possible for full coverage considering i dont have a wide head?

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible to achieve a full coverage over two sessions. The first session would be for the frontal half of the scalp and then the second session would be for the latter half of the scalp.

You can have a direct consultation with our doctor if you would like to.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

8 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible to achieve a full coverage over two sessions. The first session would be for the frontal half of the scalp and then the second session would be for the latter half of the scalp.

You can have a direct consultation with our doctor if you would like to.

Alrighty then, ill be in touch.

• Thanks 1

Plenty of doctors on this very forum are fine proceeding without medication. As long as your donor is managed well, I think you can get full coverage and have just enough in the bank for future loss.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 5:41 AM, mafpe said:

you look like nw6 at 34 so... i cannot say for sure, but without meds, even if you manage to cover your head again, you might still lose it in a decade.

I was a NW-6 when I had my 7,000 graft transplant 10 years ago.  I've never had any hair loss medications before or after surgery.  My wife is a hairdresser and has not noticed any discernible hair loss in my transplanted areas.  This may be just my experience but wanted to share it. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

You have a very thick beard to pull from! If you equally mix beard hair with your scalp hair it would blend in very well and you'd get full coverage. If done right, your beard will ultimately save you and give the an incredible head of hair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

You have a very thick beard to pull from! If you equally mix beard hair with your scalp hair it would blend in very well and you'd get full coverage. If done right, your beard will ultimately save you and give the an incredible head of hair.

Yes certainly hope so!

Lunch_owl,

from your photos, I would guess to say that your donor hair is about average.  There’s One photo though, where I can’t tell if I’m seeing shadowing or if there’s some kind of line where the hair looks darker on the side of your head and lighter in the back. I’m guessing that’s a shadow but at a quick glance, it almost look like you had an FE wee procedure before leaving you with a thinner looking donor.

that said, assuming you’re done her hair is average, the issue that you really need to deal with is the fact that you have extensive baldness in the recipient area.  Based on the photos I would say that you are a full-blown Norwood 6, borderline 7.

Hair transplant surgery Is about supply vs demand and the art of illusion.  In other words, donor hair is limited and thus, supply is also limited.  On the other hand, the recipient area is in demand and the larger the balding area there is to cover, more donor hair is required to provide you with a desirable head of hair.

The truth is, if you did undergo hair transplant surgery, you would have to have exceptionally realistic expectations. You would not have enough donor hair to cover the entire balding area and those areas that would get covered would not be ultradense. You would have to start with a very conservative hairline with moderate density and then take it back as far as you can go which I suspect would be somewhere in the mid scalp region.  Your crown would likely not get any covering.

Now, this is all based on the photos I’m seeing as I don’t really know the exact size of your head, donor density, etc.  but, my initial opinion would be that you’re not the best candidate for hair transplant surgery.  If you’d like however, I can always set you up with a session to speak with the doctor and he can give you an actual formal assessment.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:18 PM, SimpleLife said:

Did you consider SMP?

Yes I have thought about it and looked into it a little bit. But imo its more of a final touch rather than replacing something. Also im a bit worried about if the color is toxic.

15 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Lunch_owl,

from your photos, I would guess to say that your donor hair is about average.  There’s One photo though, where I can’t tell if I’m seeing shadowing or if there’s some kind of line where the hair looks darker on the side of your head and lighter in the back. I’m guessing that’s a shadow but at a quick glance, it almost look like you had an FE wee procedure before leaving you with a thinner looking donor.

that said, assuming you’re done her hair is average, the issue that you really need to deal with is the fact that you have extensive baldness in the recipient area.  Based on the photos I would say that you are a full-blown Norwood 6, borderline 7.

Hair transplant surgery Is about supply vs demand and the art of illusion.  In other words, donor hair is limited and thus, supply is also limited.  On the other hand, the recipient area is in demand and the larger the balding area there is to cover, more donor hair is required to provide you with a desirable head of hair.

The truth is, if you did undergo hair transplant surgery, you would have to have exceptionally realistic expectations. You would not have enough donor hair to cover the entire balding area and those areas that would get covered would not be ultradense. You would have to start with a very conservative hairline with moderate density and then take it back as far as you can go which I suspect would be somewhere in the mid scalp region.  Your crown would likely not get any covering.

Now, this is all based on the photos I’m seeing as I don’t really know the exact size of your head, donor density, etc.  but, my initial opinion would be that you’re not the best candidate for hair transplant surgery.  If you’d like however, I can always set you up with a session to speak with the doctor and he can give you an actual formal assessment.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

The thing you saw was a shadow. Never had a transplant before. I am completely aware of  me not being an ideal candidate and I honestly dont have high expectations on a baseline level. But when I pay a premium price at a clinic who has expertize in highl level norwoods, my expectations rise as im trusting The skills and experience of the surgeon. 

However i have seen some excellent results from surgeons here so thats also why i am optimistic. I would be ok with a little bit higher hairline than what I want but I would rather skip a surgery if it meant it would start at front midscalp.  🤣

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, capitalhaircenter said:

Hi @lunch_owl,

You have an open area in your frontal area. For your frontal area, it can be transplanted.  However, we cannot say exactly your frontal area will be fully covered. After the first operation, your donor area will be healed, and you wait for the donor area’s hair grows back after six months. According to the photos after 6 months, if your donor area is suitable, the second operation is performed. For more information, you can send dm. We will give you a free consultation.

How many grafts does a shill usually require to cover the front with a conservative hairline ? 

Just now, capitalhaircenter said:

It depends on to what extent you have an open area. If you want to get a free consultation, pls send us messages.

We will wait for your messages:) 

I have a pretty large open area.

I would like you to teach me your shilling skills please ! 

• Valued Contributor
On 6/17/2022 at 3:18 AM, MazAB said:

This ^ Armen is absolutely correct.

1 minute ago, capitalhaircenter said:

We have some standards in our services. We are a royal hair transplantation clinic. We can not say about the number of grafts without looking for it:) If you want a free consultation that is given by our expert medical team, we will make a proper comment on it. 

I'm basically just looking for a dose of SHILLING MILLING at this point