Hairline correction or just density increase?

So I'm 24, NW4-5, on Dut and Minoxidil. 6 months ago I had an FUT which was 2200FU that was supposed to follow my natural hairline up until the midscalp.

For some reason the right side has been dropped with the angle closed which I fear, long term speaking, won't be a good thing given being in early twenties with the possibility of the norwood reaper being on the prowl and even with medications, you just can't be so sure.

What should be my plan for the 2nd hair transplant, just pack in more grafts or remove the grafts implanted below my natural native hairs? 20220526_131314.thumb.jpg.1909cc9bb5525c9db42989aca987055c.jpg20220526_131334.thumb.jpg.ca2161c86cf423755e40be4137e4fe77.jpg

16 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

You can remove the extra grafts and recycle them behind the hairline, then later fill in the area for more density

But the question can be: Is it egregious enough and low enough to warrant the hassle of removing the grafts with the possible scarring resulting from it? 

Can you post some pictures from before and after your procedure please. 

It gives a better gauge of things imo to judge from and also its good you're on medication to prevent further loss as much as possible but being 24 and NW4/5 isn't a great sign and you didn't say how long pre-op you had been on medication for. Usually if your hair loss has been that aggressive, waiting till 25+is better advised but FUT is probably a sensible route to have gone down with such aggressive hair loss. 

14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Can you post some pictures from before and after your procedure please. 

It gives a better gauge of things imo to judge from and also its good you're on medication to prevent further loss as much as possible but being 24 and NW4/5 isn't a great sign and you didn't say how long pre-op you had been on medication for. Usually if your hair loss has been that aggressive, waiting till 25+is better advised but FUT is probably a sensible route to have gone down with such aggressive hair loss. 

2 years on medication and I can say, cautionaly and reluctantly, my hair loss is stable-ish. I went for FUT for the fear of the dreaded NW7 scenario. As you can see the hairline isn't inappropriately low but I regard it too low for my level of hair loss or maybe I'm being obsessive 

20220526_162325.thumb.jpg.428fb1c521c88bf6f5a33e8a4050106b.jpg20220526_162056.thumb.jpg.e9beb8fbddf575bbd6c83cb0c2f61210.jpg

16 minutes ago, lastfolliculestanding said:

2 years on medication and I can say, cautionaly and reluctantly, my hair loss is stable-ish. I went for FUT for the fear of the dreaded NW7 scenario. As you can see the hairline isn't inappropriately low but I regard it too low for my level of hair loss or maybe I'm being obsessive 

20220526_162325.thumb.jpg.428fb1c521c88bf6f5a33e8a4050106b.jpg20220526_162056.thumb.jpg.e9beb8fbddf575bbd6c83cb0c2f61210.jpg

Personally i would say it seemed yo follow the existing hairline that was there but a bit weaker. Usually keeping it higher means where it is currently standing. I don't think they have tried to really lower, lower per se but you have to go a little bit down to re-establish the single hair feathered look in front of the transplanted area or sometimes it could lool unnatural as a result without taking that step. 

Just stay on medication and wait for 12 months. The truth is, you're actually now in it for the long haul until you choose to basically shave it all off but if you gone to the trouble of a hair transplant, i'd imagine hair is important to you for your image. So, just know that this is simply the first step of likely multiple procedures throughout your life to get where you need to. Probably though all depends on your future hair loss too. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I would do a second procedure to add density and refinement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.