Dr Hasson - 4707 FUT

1 hour ago, Twintwin said:

Density typically develops at around 6 months. 

one question for you:

- did your hair grow back a bit coarse around the scar area? Had an FUT with Hasson 2 months ago and my hair is much more coarse than before the surgery, specifically on where the scar is.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, do you think it’s looking for good for the time it’s been? 

And My hair grew back how it was before, maybe a bit prickly once in awhile with a new hair coming through, but that’s it.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Twintwin said:

Have you seen any improvement in terms of density since last update?

I think yes, although under direct lighting you can see scalp, but I did have a fully shaved head about 3 months ago so we’ll see how it looks grown out more. Here are some photos, let me know what you think! 

6ED95A37-B2EF-45B2-9955-EADA5CB09342.png

C6E40694-F679-4DBC-8F38-F2C3172BDAC0.png

59171189-F878-46B6-9142-1EAE77BB37FE.png

6DA96AFC-3EE8-48E1-AD01-90EBD2C99F95.png

84CA5AAA-C71C-4619-86B2-2BC16FCB5C90.png

347F53A5-9CA7-40EC-8AB6-197236708D28.png

F5DD2B75-B7E4-47FD-AAD5-C5DDF4D616D2.png

1 hour ago, HairGuy said:

Looking great so far!! How's the FUT scar line healing, any progress pictures of that you could share? 

Thank you! Here are some photos of the Donor, very bright conditions, I’ll try to get some photos of the scar when possible.

9F717B4F-B1EE-49E7-BF5E-69A6E85B3BF8.png

8C292746-E697-493E-9C84-0476A711B81E.png

DBA267B0-EC13-43A9-87BE-C9ED023234F8.png

8 minutes ago, Twintwin said:

I would have expected slightly more density at 6.5 months but it’s very possible it will all fill in by the 12 months mark.

Are you on meds? 
any plan to address the crown in the future?

On oral minoxidil/niz 

Planning on addressing crown in the future too. I agree with you there about density, keep in mind that I’m also providing photos with the most harsh lighting I can find. In normal circumstances everyone I’ve talked to says they think it looks normal. 

088B96E2-DB50-44B4-A187-83A0B9FCF55D.jpeg

9E3BC73D-0E12-402B-91F8-5590C07DF7B5.png

Edited by Gotitback

1 hour ago, HairGuy said:

Undetectable at this length! I wonder how close you can go on the sides without it being clearly visible, the scar will only get better with time and you're not even 7 months out yet. 

I think I could get them pretty low on the sides, Hasson did a great job on the scar line.

4 minutes ago, Twintwin said:

I would wait until month 9 or 10 to make a final judgement on density. 
Are you not on fin because of sides?

how have you reacted to oral min? Did Hasson recommend it for you?

Yeah true, I was thinking 6,7,8 months were where density starts to really come through. 
Yep, I have Xyon healths topical, and either due anxiety and other circumstances I felt some sides after the first couple weeks. Going to make a reassessment though. 
interestingly enough, I was suggested to stop minoxidil, as they do not recommend and believe that it ages the skin, depleting collagen formation. Im a believer in it though, and will keep using it. I have experienced zero problems, and believed it had helped to slow down loss. 

4 minutes ago, Axel said:

I think that what you have now, is what you can generally expect to be left with in the end, perhaps some slight improvement.

Ive heard from every professional In the field say that the 6 month mark is about 60%-70% of final growth, but we will see.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twintwin said:

Did Hasson make this comment on Minoxidil? I thought he was prescribing it.

and agreed with you that the result you have right now is nowhere near final. It will greatly improve! 

It was his patient advisor who told me that, as well as another advisor who booked my surgery. That’s interesting though, I was not aware he was prescribing. 

• Administrators

Looking awesome man congrats 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...